Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Please help I am about to cry, my sims 3 is not working...
My sims 3 has given me issues before to the point where I could not fix them so all the money I spent with origin was wasted, I had to revert to using Steam and it would work perfectly 0 problems what so ever...until now.

CC Magic is not working and my CC is not showing up in game, and my mods are making the game crash, I tried deleting some of the unnecessary mods and also got rid of the ones I never used before. My sims 3 does not want to work and I am about to cry, I had to buy ALL my sims 3 games again because of the bullshit with Origin and Steam gave me hope, but now it is tearing the carpet out from under me. I don't know what is wrong with my game and I don't know anything further I could do to fix it, I really don't feel like having to reinstall all my sims 3 stuff again and I definitely do not want to have to gallivant all over the internet again to re-download the mods that I can not play without...Please someone help.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:13 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This may help you:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
It is informative but does not really help me, you see I have slight dyslexia and sometimes can't read guides like that, that is why I usually try to find a YouTube video or someone who can give me a straight answer as to what I should do. Though I did already try looking through that and reading it before I chose to just asked the community in a discussion post for help...Thanks anyways.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:34 PM
Ah, okay. Well the first thing you need to find out is if your game works okay without CC.

To find that out, drag Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 to the desktop and run the game.

Does your game work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ah, okay. Well the first thing you need to find out is if your game works okay without CC.

To find that out, drag Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 to the desktop and run the game.

Does your game work?

It works find with CC provided I used CC Magic, it seems to give me problems when adding mods, though it never use to do this before I can promises you that. I tried to deleted some mods because it seems that one of my mods could of been conflicting with the others, since if I removed the mods folder all together and took it out of the Sims 3 folder temporary, it worked fine. I got to frustrated though to check and see if the CC was working after I removed them. I could still try it if you want me to do it as a trouble shooting step though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:55 PM
Honestly I am a bit more concerned about my CC not showing up, I hate to say it but I am one of those Simmers who could not play with out it. It runs find with out mods and I don't think CC is the issue since it's performance has not seemed to change. Honestly the game is acting like I don't even have any CC in there, it is not detecting any of it and none is showing up, none of the custom hairstyles, the makeup, or clothes...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
It works find with CC provided I used CC Magic,

You mean, if you launch the game through CCMagic? Please clarify.

it seems to give me problems when adding mods, though it never use to do this before I can promises you that. I tried to deleted some mods because it seems that one of my mods could of been conflicting with the others

No-one can really help you if you are using conflicting or unsuitable mods, you just have to go through your files systematically and make sure each one is updated for your gameversion and okay to use with your other mods. There isn't a guide or Youtube video which can do that for you.

You can use the 50% method to help find problem CC.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...he_50.25_Method

Honestly the game is acting like I don't even have any CC in there, it is not detecting any of it and none is showing up, none of the custom hairstyles, the makeup, or clothes...

Are these package files or Sims3Packs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:20 AM Last edited by KuraiNekoMT13 : 6th Oct 2017 at 7:46 AM.
Sorry I am having a completely different problem now where I can not even open CC magic... I need to get this fix first...Thank you for trying to help.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:21 AM
This might help:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580022

You can use it to analyze xcpt*.mdmp & xpct*.txt, which are crash logs that are created when your game crashes. I had a problem with my game crashing as well and used the mod above. It told me I needed to update my graphics driver, and that fixed everything. Let me know if you need help on how to use it.