Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#7676 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:08 PM Last edited by ticklish : 20th Jun 2018 at 3:11 PM. Reason: more info
I got seasons on cd keys for 27.00 it is now 29.00 hopefully they give code when ea releases game 9 pm Thursday my time in Oregon.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7677 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM
It really is a shame they've invalifated LGR just because he's one of the only reviewers to highlight both the good and bads of a pack and give a completely honest review. Shit they should be thanking him. I was gomna skip put on buying Cats and Dogs until his review showed that it wasn't as much of a waste as I thought it would be xD

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#7678 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:59 PM
Looks like we're going to be getting more expansions after this one. There's at least a three year plan in the works:

http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/2...r-next-3-years/
Theorist
#7679 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
It really is a shame they've invalifated LGR just because he's one of the only reviewers to highlight both the good and bads of a pack and give a completely honest review. Shit they should be thanking him. I was gomna skip put on buying Cats and Dogs until his review showed that it wasn't as much of a waste as I thought it would be xD

Fairy godmother, Kate, has another agenda.

Quote:
Kate (Currently On Vacation) @SimGuruKate Honesty & Integrity - Do we feel you can be trusted to stick to embargo and disclosure requirements?

https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...784728349184002

Because EA oozes honesty, integrity and trust out of every pore. Said nobody...ever.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7680 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:09 PM
"Are you positive, supportive, kind, mature, respectful? These are the things we look for in new Game Changers." I can think of one in particular who doesn't fit this...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7681 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
"Are you positive, supportive, kind, mature, respectful? These are the things we look for in new Game Changers." I can think of one in particular who doesn't fit this...
I bolded the important word here
Lab Assistant
#7682 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:30 PM

Whoawhoawhoa is there drama? I should pay more attention to this community and grab some popcorn lmao.

To be clear, this isn't referencing LGR right? Because I've never seen him behave in a way that would contradict those qualities, although I find the requirements that "Game Changers" be supportive and positive to be an odd specification. Makes it sound as if anything other than swooning sonnets about the majesty of the game(s) will be met with a cold shoulder and a ban from the cool kid's table.

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
#7683 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:33 PM
LGR isn't a yib anyway.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#7684 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:09 PM

Just call them "EA Cheerleaders" FFS
Scholar
#7685 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheezypuff121P
Whoawhoawhoa is there drama? I should pay more attention to this community and grab some popcorn lmao.

To be clear, this isn't referencing LGR right? Because I've never seen him behave in a way that would contradict those qualities, although I find the requirements that "Game Changers" be supportive and positive to be an odd specification. Makes it sound as if anything other than swooning sonnets about the majesty of the game(s) will be met with a cold shoulder and a ban from the cool kid's table.

That's exactly the problem (in EA's eyes) with LGR, though. He's not "positive" enough (in other words, he is honest). When something sucks, he'll tell it like it is. He'll be incredibly snarky about it, too. I will never forget his comments about the ball pit from that Toddler stuff pack.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#7686 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Just call them "EA Cheerleaders" FFS

I personally might just call them that. It fits the description perfectly! "EA kissers" title is too generic and broad that even non yibs but very defensive can be named as such. Your terms is like exclusive to defining promoters. They just cheer it to the public.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7687 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:08 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 21st Jun 2018 at 8:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Minions you say..

I had to put this here tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNq2iGb-o8&t=1s

That's an exception, which is exact bolded part you quoted (or that you bolded, didn't get to see the actual ball pit. They still remember, and I a bit surprised EA didn't take away from James Turner's Game Changer rights after that diabolical MFP and the review. I guess that could only mean EA does agree with the general consensus that their idea for a pack was the BS-iest out of BS out of all.

I'd say that their still minions. Except for SimSupply, I kinda respect him as my mate except for choosing "I wanna be with the cool ('yibs') too!" side. Not as snarky as LGR, but still is truthful to what he actually thinks. His just more layback.

Quote: Originally posted by terula8
\
Recolours show up A LOT in every single game except TS1. In TS2 there were entire outfits that were exactly the same - not even different colours, just straight copied over.

I'm told that TS3 also had this a lot - so it's not like it's new in TS4 to do this.

Could you provide visual evidence? Even If TS3 had, it wouldn't matter since simmers could recolor things how they want and see fit and attain those purchase through CAST without having to purchase the pack that reuses the texture as a new object their advertising in the trailer.

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I'm positive that for that amount of effort, player should be rewarded with something more interesting than just glowing eyeballs and a simple lighting FX. Maybe starting fires, because killing sims sounds owerpovered. Just simple starting weak fires and stinging sims. For fun.

Though, limited time for just cosmetics sounds like TS4, alright!

Sims Community just said in the video that you can't smite sims (assuming he attempted to check If that interaction is available, but he did so the pie menu options). I would also assume you can't affect objects will it, because surely he could have mention that.

Also, besides the new animation, when the sim attains the superpower I heard from someone they no longer become tense when the storm is occuring or that there is zero chance of being struck again or can't be killed by it or both and everything. Is that true?

Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
What really jumps out at me...

We've heard dozens of times that "animations are expensive" as an excuse when a feature is missing. Here? They did the animation work, they just didn't bother with more interesting coding, such as a summoned lightning strike leaving a targeted Sim singed or the like. So what the hell is the deal here? Surely they must realize a temporary moodlet buff that does nothing and you have to risk your life for it wouldn't be a very appealing attraction for players, so why did they even bother implementing it if they were gonna half-ass it? I have to wonder if a life state was planned but got cut.

The Minute I new they spent of making that superpower thing just a cosmetic thing, the thought pop up to me "So that's where their (carelessly) spending all their budget and resource to? Yeah, no wonder their decisions makes us want to get drunk / become alcoholics "

Mad Poster
#7688 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:12 AM
*deleted*

Scholar
#7689 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's an exception, which is exact bolded part you quoted (or that you bolded, didn't get to see the actual ball pit. They still remember, and I a bit surprised EA didn't take away from James Turner's Game Changer rights after that diabolical MFP and the review. I guess that could only mean EA does agree with the general consensus that their idea for a pack was the BS-iest out of BS out of all.

I'd say that their still minions.

The video above is not an exception for him
he sure is bringing up issues and questioning stuff all the time, like he should.

but since you don't know the guy AT ALL, why are you calling him by names?
is that makes you happy for some reason? 'cause it doesn't make you seem any smarter whatsoever.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7690 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:43 AM
(...)

Could you provide visual evidence? Even If TS3 had, it wouldn't matter since simmers could recolor things how they want and see fit and attain those purchase through CAST without having to purchase the pack that reuses the texture as a new object their advertising in the trailer.

(...)
There is none. It's a bullshit rumour. Apart from the UL outfit "recolours" I mentioned above there was no recycling of existing content by merely recoloring in TS3. One could argue that the rabbitholes that came with each new world are recolours, but they aren't really either, because the base model usually also always had some changes, and, frankly, I don't mind that.

This isn't to say that there weren't some shifty things going on there, especially in the Store, where versions of the same outfit for the various age stages were spread across separate sets. So if you wanted the same bottom for teens and adults you had to buy two different sets. Or that they released a broken object (ceiling fan) in one set and the fixed version in another set as separate object, causing you to end up with duplicate objects, one broken the other one not.

The most notorious case of strange Store shenanigans was perhaps the chandelier chain from the mansion set. It allowed you to create the illusion of a chandelier hanging down from the floor above into the lower floor. It was sold separately and cost as much as any other individual object. The chain didn't make much sense without the chandelier and vice versa, so that was, in the eyes of some, a way to raise the cost for one object by dividing it into two.
Mad Poster
#7691 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:45 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 21st Jun 2018 at 8:55 AM.
Yeah, I should have excluded him out. I wouldn't call him a minion, but the others I know - yeah, they're pretty much cheerleaders. Actually, thanks on calling me out. Not just that particular video (though it's the only one I know apart from LGR's that calls out a pack BIG TIME and not just on minor nonsense/inconveniences on it) but he as the only game changer I can truly appraise his him that is an EXCEPTION who sticks to his own words. There's a idiom in my language: he doesn't wrap the needle in cotton-wool, so he isn't afraid to use it for stabbing on little things or in this case on that particular shady sold content pack.

Forum Resident
#7692 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
Looks like we're going to be getting more expansions after this one. There's at least a three year plan in the works:

Well there we have it. The rumours are true, there is no TS5 for the foreseeable future.
#7693 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Well there we have it. The rumours are true, there is no TS5 for the foreseeable future.

Rumours, and predictions (mine anyway).

Theorist
#7694 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:41 AM

I'd say that their still minions. Except for SimSupply, I kinda respect him as my mate except for choosing "I wanna be with the cool ('yibs') too!" side. Not as snarky as LGR, but still is truthful to what he actually thinks. His just more layback.

Do you know what is funny about this whole thing? I never mentioned any names in my previous post. So, how did we get here? How does a conversation go from a general statement about Yibs, a program that should have never become a thing in the first place to I must have been talking about James? Simply because somebody is triggered by the word minion? Really?

If you want to go down that path, that is entirely up to you. I wouldn't suggest it, but YOLO. You would have been better off just asking me what I meant versus believing in the poorly acted huffing, puffing and foot-stomping.

I know, I'm the evil GC who sez things people don't like. I accepted this a long time ago. I do occasionally play nice with others, but not when it comes to bullshit like this.
Top Secret Researcher
#7695 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:06 PM
Game's out in most parts in Asia. BRB installing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7696 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:39 PM
@emino Hurry, we want pics!

(I always look forward to seeing what you think of the new expansion packs :lovestruc )
Top Secret Researcher
#7697 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@emino Hurry, we want pics!

(I always look forward to seeing what you think of the new expansion packs :lovestruc )

Now its more towards figuring out which mod causes what bug I'm afraid. One bug I noticed is that planning a dance party through calendar sometimes start the event immediately even though you set it for a later date.
Field Researcher
#7698 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I trust Clint's reviews 100%. I agreed with him on Sims 3. His interests in what he likes to see in the game are like mine and I based a lot of what I bought for Sims 3 on his reviews.

Although I don't have anything besides Sims 4 base game I am sorely tempted as well by Seasons 4...maybe if it goes under US $20.00.

I didn’t always agree with him where Sims 3’s concerned, but his style of giving feedback is in such a way that he makes it very clear what is his personal preference and what is good or bad in a more general way. Which means that though he wants something else from a Sims game than me, his reviews of the game are valuable to me and a very good beacon.
Instructor
#7699 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat

Why is the worst iteration getting the longest lifetime?
Top Secret Researcher
#7700 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:47 AM
I have to say I really like the furniture in this EP. Every single thing is stuff I will actually use.

Having some bug (I guess?) where when I schedule an event it either gets placed at the end of the calendar, or disappears. So much for this "big" feature

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Locked thread
Page 308 of 447