Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:30 AM Last edited by Mister Simmy : 1st Jun 2018 at 11:50 PM.
Default Which Sims 3 families and sims do you hate the most?
Which sim and family did you hate being around or just hated their name or the personality or backstory? Share your thoughts here!

For me, worst family are the BigBling household. Their nicknames are quite possibly the WORST ever!!

P.S,sorry if it's been done before, it it has it's probably been dead for a bit.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:52 AM
first i can think of is families like steel kennedy and alvi;they all have bland quickly thrown together background stories and are basically just there to populate the town,and don't even get me tarted on places like twinbrook or roaring heights.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#3 Old 31st May 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I can't say that I hate any sim, but there is that one female vampire in Bridgeport that annoys the crap out of me. I can't remember her name as it has been forever since I played in Bridgeport. The only reason I think of her at all is because Vlad Shlick has been my favorite pre-made sim for years. He hasn't been a vampire for about the same amount of time, but he's still one of those sims who makes me happy.

Vlad and his daughter, Natasha. :lovestruc

Yup, editing those days wasn't really editing and I played with headline effects on. *gasp* Don't ask about the weird picture size, I have no idea. I found this picture about a week or so ago.

is she elvira slayer?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Inventor
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mister Simmy
Which sim and family did you hate being around or just hated their name or the personality or backstory? Share your thoughts here!

For me, worst family are the Landgraabs, their name is unnatural and their family is just uninteresting. I played with them quite a bit but then grew to hate them and switched to the Goths. I cringe when I see the name Landgraab Industries on everything.

P.S,sorry if it's been done before, it it has it's probably been dead for a bit.

How is a surname unnatural though? :p
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:38 PM
For me, worst family are the Landgraabs, their name is unnatural... I cringe when I see the name Landgraab Industries on everything.

The Landgraabs are pretty much ingrained in the history of Sim City and The Sims, so I think it was inevitable that they would pop up in Sims 3.
Theorist
#6 Old 31st May 2018 at 11:58 PM
I rarely, if ever, play EA/Maxis premades. I like my own Sims so I have no clue about their personalities or quirks.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 12:58 AM Last edited by HarVee : 1st Jun 2018 at 1:31 AM.
I can't say I hate Sims, but I do dislike that one family in Twinbrook. The one with the weird ears that have a fascination with camouflage.

For me, worst family are the Landgraabs, their name is unnatural and their family is just uninteresting. I played with them quite a bit but then grew to hate them and switched to the Goths. I cringe when I see the name Landgraab Industries on everything.

There isn't anything unnatural about their surname. What are surnames? They're a form of identifier usually created from notable things about a person, their family, or their region of birth.

I mean let's look at the Goths. They're notable for being Gothic, hence their surname. Now the Landgraab's do exactly that. They're notable for Land Grabbing and this is evident by Malcolm's behaviours in The Sims Bustin' Out, the console version of The Sims 1, and his 'rewards' in SimCity 3000.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Site Helper
#8 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:42 AM
That silly paparazzi that was constantly calling my sim to ask him out on a date, then standing him up because "something came up" when she was standing in the front yard.

(I'm also wondering how many people have a sim on this list whose initials are S.W.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#9 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
(I'm also wondering how many people have a sim on this list whose initials are S.W.)

Well I wasn't gonna say anything xD Speak of the devil and all that...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 10:33 AM Last edited by Mister Simmy : 1st Jun 2018 at 10:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
There isn't anything unnatural about their surname. What are surnames? They're a form of identifier usually created from notable things about a person, their family, or their region of birth.

I mean let's look at the Goths. They're notable for being Gothic, hence their surname. Now the Landgraab's do exactly that. They're notable for Land Grabbing and this is evident by Malcolm's behaviours in The Sims Bustin' Out, the console version of The Sims 1, and his 'rewards' in SimCity 3000.

Actually, Goth is a real surname, it means uncivilized. (got it from the sims wiki) The name Landgraab is just made up, and in english, which is why I personally dislike it. I just like surnames that have meanings in foreign language (possibly old english?) and are actually used by real people, more. Not to mention the Landgraab family have barely any background, other than the fact that they are old money. I prefer families with better, bigger and more engaging backstories.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:28 PM
Uh, Goopy Gilscarbo? No one in Sims 3 bugs me as much as he did...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:14 PM Last edited by HarVee : 1st Jun 2018 at 9:33 PM.
Actually, Goth is a real surname, it means uncivilized. (got it from the sims wiki) The name Landgraab is just made up, and in english, which is why I personally dislike it. I just like surnames that have meanings in foreign language (possibly old english?) and are actually used by real people, more. Not to mention the Landgraab family have barely any background, other than the fact that they are old money. I prefer families with better, bigger and more engaging backstories.

Of course Goth is a real surname. I had never disputed otherwise. While Goth does have roots in old English, it actually originates from the actual Gothic language "Gutthiuda" which quit literally is the word used to reference the actual Germanic Gothic people. So it doesn't technically mean to be uncivilized, that's just a meaning which was adapted later on through history.

In the case of The Sims the Goths are a family that adhere to the Gothic subculture, not that of the Gothic people of Germany. So yes, the Goths are Gothic, but not Germanic Gothic.

Landgraab has a meaning, which I had just told you it. There is no such thing as a fake surname in the context of this argument. Imagine if Malcolm was a real human person, would you tell him that his name surname is fake simply because it doesn't have an age old history book written about it? Probably not. And the reason is because every name is valid and you'd look quite idiotic telling a person their name is not a real name.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:36 PM
One thing this thread is making me want to do is create a household and give them the surname "Unnatural."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:50 PM
Of course Goth is a real surname. I had never disputed otherwise. While Goth does have roots in old English, it actually originates from the actual Gothic language "Gutthiuda" which quit literally is the word used to reference the actual Germanic Gothic people. So it doesn't technically mean to be uncivilized, that's just a meaning which was adapted later on through history.

In the case of The Sims the Goths are a family that adhere to the Gothic subculture, not that of the Gothic people of Germany. So yes, the Goths are Gothic, but not Germanic Gothic.

Landgraab has a meaning, which I had just told you it. There is no such thing as a fake surname in the context of this argument. Imagine if Malcolm was a real human person, would you tell him that his name surname is fake simply because it doesn't have an age old history book written about it? Probably not. And the reason is because every name is valid and you'd look quite idiotic telling a person their name is not a real name.

OK, now I'm strting to understand. I am starting to appreciate them again. I will consider playing with them again. Thank you. SO now my new least favorite family is the Big Bling household. The names "Sugar Bijou" and "Lil Bling" to me are the worst nicknames ever. Now can we PLEASE get back on topic and stop arguing.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
One thing this thread is making me want to do is create a household and give them the surname "Unnatural."

It could play out like Coneheads, a group of clearly otherworldly individuals trying to blend in with humans... and failing miserably... even more than Sims do normally.
Site Helper
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Uh, Goopy Gilscarbo? No one in Sims 3 bugs me as much as he did...

AWW.... He cleans up quite nicely when he meets someone who convinces him that those plaid shorts do nothing for him. And maybe he could comb his hair and grow a small beard?

It's Kennedy Cox who picks a fight with anything that moves.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
It could play out like Coneheads, a group of clearly otherworldly individuals trying to blend in with humans... and failing miserably... even more than Sims do normally.

LOL. Is there a version of the Ingredients Overhaul mod that allows for fiberglass as a cooking ingredient and a harvestable?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:50 AM
I can't say I hate Sims, but I do dislike that one family in Twinbrook. The one with the weird ears that have a fascination with camouflage.

Bayless, otherwise known as "Did EA imply that the mom is inbreed?". I turn them all into werewolves unless I'm specifically playing a no supernaturals game- the standard facial distortion used for werewolf form looks surprisingly natural on them. I tried playing their family once- it went well once I had the dad become a stay at home parent and put the mom as a self employed off of her fishing skill. The only real problem was when I added a new baby to the family. With all of them being family oriented, I would have to manually cancel "pick up baby" and "create baby food" that cued up for everyone as soon as the baby got put into the highchair.

My Twinbrook pet peeve is all of the pun names. One or two pun names in a town is fine (because parents can be cruel like that) and I can ignore the fact that most of the service NPCs have one (because EA did that with almost all of the service NPCs) but it seems like half the people in Twinbrook are some sort of pun. Lang Gwydd, Wei Keene, Molly Coddle, Amy Bull, Juan Darer, etc.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
My Twinbrook pet peeve is all of the pun names. One or two pun names in a town is fine (because parents can be cruel like that) and I can ignore the fact that most of the service NPCs have one (because EA did that with almost all of the service NPCs) but it seems like half the people in Twinbrook are some sort of pun. Lang Gwydd, Wei Keene, Molly Coddle, Amy Bull, Juan Darer, etc.

I know that was meant to be a representative sample, but you left out Anna-Liza Riddle and that's one of my favorites. I find the infestation of pun names to be utterly charming, as long as the infestation stays in Twinbrook and doesn't spread to a similar extent to my other (Traveler mod) connected worlds. Too much of a good thing and all that.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 4:04 AM
I hate the forced automated role sim assignments forced on all role objects in my towns right away in a new game before I can even get settings ported in or disable it.I'd love a Mod to disable this that forces me to have to actually enable automated role sim assignments if I ever want them in a specific game.I'm always having tons of trouble removing the waiters forced onto the ITTF food replicators before I can stop it and I almost always end up missing something with so many of those in use.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 3:39 AM
I honestly don't think I ever had an issue with any of the premade families in TS3. Sure, not many of the backstories were particularly engaging or intricate like those of TS2, but they at least gave you something to work with, and actually had the relationships match their backstories *coughunlikeTS4cough*. Honestly, in a sandbox game like this, it's probably for the best anyways.

What I had an issue with -always- since the very beginning with the base game, is that it was quite obvious whoever was in charge of character building at EA spent next to no time on their actual appearances. Some are ok-not bad at all with tweaking, but overall it's quite obvious that for several sims, they picked some random hair, pulled a few sliders around, slapped a random CASt pattern on their outfit, and called it a day. I realize personalizing several dozens of sims could seem less than ideal, but seriously.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
The Altos ew

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Forum Resident
#23 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartkinz17
The Altos ew

Yeah, I've always felt kind of bad for poor Holly. I suppose it's just part of their backstory, but really? Moustache-twirly-mwwahaha evil with Cruella de Vil-esque Vita and silent film villain Nick, complete with menacing arched eyebrows, as her parents? Like you said, ew.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:46 PM
Also the Alvis. They always made me kind of sad because they were a poor dysfunctional family. Of course no family is perfect but they always seemed to darken the mood

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 1:58 AM
I always loved Twinbrook, but sadly, I hated most of the families in it.

Maybe the Bayless and the Baker families were tolerable, but I could never stand any family that had gimmicky names.
Page 1 of 2