Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
just a girl
#8126 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
Given the lack of responses I got on WCIF, I'll go ahead and assume this doesn't exist: I'd like to see something that modifies the chances of your Sim being asked out on a date or outing! I feel like it has a really low chance of happening and that EA undervalued it.

Sims can be asked on a date?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8127 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I don't even know what that is.

R.U.R. "Rossum's Universal Robots" is a play written back in 1920 and was the first to use the term 'Robot,' though these 'robots' were made of some kind of protoplasm rather than circuits.
Lab Assistant
#8128 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Sims can be asked on a date?

Yeah. A few times I've gotten "Hey, my friend enjoyed their outing with you, would you like to go downtown (or whatever) with me?" and, separately, "I know just the right person for you. Are you interested in a blind date?"

I'm paraphrasing but you get the gist. I think they're features from Nightlife?

Update: Yup, Nightlife! Second paragraph: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Contact
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8129 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:34 PM
The date one has been quite rare in my game, the friend one quite common.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8130 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:40 PM
Maybe @Lamare just didn't bother adding a Downtown subhood to her main 'Hood. I know I usually don't. No one asks on date in my game either. You need a Downtown for that.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
just a girl
#8131 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:45 PM
Thanks, Nukk. I only remember invitations to regular outings with a bunch of sims. Maybe for a blind date, there are more conditions that have to coincide, like, your sim has to not know the other person and also have high chemistry with them or something.
Lab Assistant
#8132 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Maybe @Lamare just didn't bother adding a Downtown subhood to her main 'Hood. I know I usually don't. No one asks on date in my game either. You need a Downtown for that.

My current 'hood doesn't have a Downtown (or any other sub-hood) and I've gotten it a few times so far. Either way, I'd love to see a mod that increases the chances.
Mad Poster
#8133 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:51 PM
Oh really?? Wow...ok.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#8134 Old 4th May 2018 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
My current 'hood doesn't have a Downtown (or any other sub-hood) and I've gotten it a few times so far. Either way, I'd love to see a mod that increases the chances.

I would love that too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8135 Old 4th May 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
R.U.R. "Rossum's Universal Robots" is a play written back in 1920 and was the first to use the term 'Robot,'

:lovestruc
Mad Poster
#8136 Old 5th May 2018 at 1:35 AM
@simsample I listened to the audio play on YouTube and it was quite awesome! I liked the end where the robots start acting very human. The Rossum look would make for some interesting storylines, wouldn't it?
Instructor
#8137 Old 5th May 2018 at 8:27 AM
I've been working on my neighborhood all night and sure would like to see the ability to add functional roads and better railroads in it, instead of just deco pieces.

And fix the perspective when rotating. Things look different when you rotate around and zoom out. Anyone else see that?
Field Researcher
#8138 Old 5th May 2018 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I've been working on my neighborhood all night and sure would like to see the ability to add functional roads and better railroads in it, instead of just deco pieces.

And fix the perspective when rotating. Things look different when you rotate around and zoom out. Anyone else see that?

You can add more functional roads by editing the terrain in SimCity 4 (you can buy it here) and then use HoodReplace on your current neighborhood. It's tedious but it works.
Instructor
#8139 Old 5th May 2018 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
You can add more functional roads by editing the terrain in SimCity 4 (you can buy it here) and then use HoodReplace on your current neighborhood. It's tedious but it works.

I do have it, but won't work on my Windows 10 system. If anyone has suggestions as to how and where I can look up help for that I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have a good graphic card so maybe that's why. But seeing I have Sims running, I figured I wouldn't have a problem with SimCity. I tried the Graphic Rules Maker and did not work. I only have an Intel Chipset. When I click on the Icon the game does nothing.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8140 Old 5th May 2018 at 4:38 PM
I bought a new copy of SC4 from GOG without the DRM and adapted to work with Win10 - though it's running on Win7 atm.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#8141 Old 5th May 2018 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I bought a new copy of SC4 from GOG without the DRM and adapted to work with Win10 - though it's running on Win7 atm.

If I had the money I would.
Alchemist
#8142 Old 5th May 2018 at 5:24 PM
SimCity 4 is on sale often for $4.99. Keep checking GOG and Steam for sales.
Instructor
#8143 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
SimCity 4 is on sale often for $4.99. Keep checking GOG and Steam for sales.

BTW, what is GOG? I'm not lingo literate lol.
Alchemist
#8144 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:22 PM
It's the website Prah linked you to earlier. If you're asking what GOG stands for, I have no idea. BTW, my copy of SimCity4 (purchased from GOG) works perfectly with Windows 10.
Lab Assistant
#8145 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:25 PM
BTW, what is GOG? I'm not lingo literate lol.

It's a game distribution platform, much like Steam and Origin. It stands for Good ol' Games.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8146 Old 5th May 2018 at 7:05 PM
If I had the money I would.

It wasn't expensive and I trust GOG.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
It's the website Prah linked you to earlier. If you're asking what GOG stands for, I have no idea.

Good Ol' Games - they set up older games to work on newer systems. I've bought a few from them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#8147 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:17 PM
GOG is a good game site. I have a few games from there that I used to have on disk but were made unplayable w/ the windows upgrades. I am a happy camper I can now play these games again.

I would have got my SC4 from them too, but I'd already bought it through Origin when they had a sale on it. I do like havin it digital as it means that I don't have to get up and change the disks out when I'm makin a terrain.
Field Researcher
#8148 Old 6th May 2018 at 1:22 AM
What about this site for SimCity. Is it credible? I didn't download yet, but my browser said the site is not what it says it is, or is that normal and I should bypass.

[LINK EXPUNGED]
Looks like a shady piracy site. Could be safe, but no way to tell.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Alchemist
#8149 Old 6th May 2018 at 1:36 AM
Put away all leftovers. Click one dish, and the Sim gathers up all of them.
Mad Poster
#8150 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:45 AM
Best to just buy it from a reputable source like eBay or Origin. Freebies ain't worth the virus that may brick your computer.
Page 326 of 582