Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6026 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:43 PM
I can't imagine that sort of thing would've been hardcoded, but I can't be certain on it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6027 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:58 PM
Like you said. But I know I've been surprised by modders recently. For a game that old, I think I am allowed to dream.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6028 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Right? I mean, I get the logic for why they didn't (no guarantee that there'd be more than one bed per apartment), but would it really have been that hard for the game to check how many bedrooms there are in an apartment, and assign that many Sims to live there?

There's no indication apartment townies sleep in beds anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6029 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

They don't just as dorm npcs don't, but yet they require a bed be in the room they occupy. I can't recall now exactly what happens, I think they just wander the lot. They might even pass out, but on this I can't be sure since it's been a long time.

I had at one time thought it was dumb to have beds, dressers, and desks in the npc rooms so I took them out and let my playables have the extra cash. That's when I found out that they need a bed, but at least it doens't hafta be a good one :D
Mad Poster
#6030 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 12:22 AM
I furnish my apartments with just plumbing, and a kitchen counter to put a sink on. Alarm system, fire alarm. That's it.
No beds, no tables or chairs, nothing else. My units get rented no problem.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6031 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:01 AM
Yeah dormies may well be different to apartment dwellers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6032 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:04 AM
Hummm..let me think one second. Ok I'm done. Nope, I never made dorms without beds! Pure co-incidence.

Inventor
#6033 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:20 AM
I just wish dormies actually do something while staying inside their rooms, like sleep or do homework on those desks. I had a plan on making real dorms with loft beds I've found here but all they do is stand there, so it would be awkward/creepy to watch them stand in place all night >.>. Instead all they wanna do is play on my sims' computers behind their locked doors .
Mad Poster
#6034 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Doesn't one of Pescado's hack make the apartment neighbours' motives depend on the furniture inside the apartment? Or maybe it was dorms.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6035 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:43 AM
There are reasons to have only playable sims in dorms
Mad Poster
#6037 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
There are reasons to have only playable sims in dorms

I agree! But there are also reasons to let some Dormies in as well. My sims can meet the Dormies I created. Seeing them come and rent rooms is always fun...to me anyways

Forum Resident
#6038 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 9:58 AM
I. Have. Missed. This. Game! I haven't been able to play it for a while and now that I managed to start it up I was almost a bit overwhelmed - who to catch up with first? Almost got a bit lost in Pleasantview because I had completely forgot where my lots where and who lived where xD

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#6039 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 3:56 PM
I don't quite get why Fitness and Sports are two seperate hobbies. I understand why they're different in real life, but for the game I feel like they could've lumped them into one and added something else.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Forum Resident
#6040 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 4:31 PM
I think they're different enough to not mind that they are separate, but I think you have a point, especially since Film & literature as well Arts & crafts are lumped together, it would have made more sense if sports and fitness were too.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#6041 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 5:25 PM
Music & Dance too. Dance always felt more like a Fitness activity to me.

Scholar
#6042 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 5:29 PM
Playing dorms with only playables is boring to me, honestly.
Field Researcher
#6043 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 6:24 PM
When you realized that your megahood folder takes 1 gigabyte hard drive.
Field Researcher
#6044 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 6:30 PM
Default The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Has Received A Small Update On Origin
By the way...

THE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION HAS RECEIVED A SMALL UPDATE ON ORIGIN

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/2...date-on-origin/

They do not forget about TS2.
Forum Resident
#6045 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 6:38 PM
So I have an ex-townie-gone-playable with the fortune aspiration, whose lifetime wish is... to wohoo twenty sims. I have a bad feeling about this.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#6046 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Playing dorms with only playables is boring to me, honestly.

For a long time in my dorm, I had nine playables and no dormies. Now most of them have graduated and I'm down to two playables, and I definitely agree. I'd forgotten how it was to have dormies. Always someone around to study with, or influence to do your term paper, or fill up the hot tub with interesting gossip late at night.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#6047 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 9:35 PM
Each to her/his own then - i find dormies boring, and like to be kept really busy keeping all 6 my sims under control. And since my Sims go to community lots a lot, they do meet the dormies, and do things with them, they just do not live with them Once they start graduating, a dormie or two may well move in before all of them has moved back - that is more than enough dormie for me
Mad Poster
#6048 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
I think they're different enough to not mind that they are separate, but I think you have a point, especially since Film & literature as well Arts & crafts are lumped together, it would have made more sense if sports and fitness were too.

Film and Literature and Arts and Crafts aren't lumped together; they're separate hobbies.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Music & Dance too. Dance always felt more like a Fitness activity to me.

Music is totally different from sports or fitness and I guess they felt that dance was more music than fitness.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Each to her/his own then - i find dormies boring, and like to be kept really busy keeping all 6 my sims under control. And since my Sims go to community lots a lot, they do meet the dormies, and do things with them, they just do not live with them Once they start graduating, a dormie or two may well move in before all of them has moved back - that is more than enough dormie for me

Does the game spawn dormies even if there aren't any spare rooms in a dorm?
Alchemist
#6049 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 4:04 AM
There's not one mega hobby called Film/Literature/Arts and Crafts, if that's how you read it, but he (?) meant Arts and crafts are one hobby, and film and literature are one hobby.
Top Secret Researcher
#6050 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 6:12 AM
I like to get home from somewhere that I had to dress up for and change into what I like to call my "slobwear" and play Sims! No-one else apart from fellow Simmers actually appreciate this sentiment.

Random question. How many pages of favourites do you have? I have 10 and wonder, if I haven't downloaded them yet, do I actually need them?
Page 242 of 511