Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 34 (Who?), Viewed: 2048 times.
Page 2 of 2
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:59 AM
I'd only want to see an open world come back if it isn't a facade that your sims can't truly explore (rabbit holes) the way it was in TS3. What's the point in making this big open world if you can't go in half the buildings and sims rarely show up in the areas you can explore? All you can really say is that it looks pretty.

Now don't get me wrong, the loading screens in TS4 are fucking irritating, especially on my shitty laptop that has the game running with several packs and a ton of mods and CC. But there is something to be said for actually being able to go in all the buildings (even if the tiny ass map only allows for a few community lots per world...but I digress) and have more than a handful of sims appear.
Scholar
#27 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM
In 3 we can use rabbithole rugs and do interiors of buildings. I do that a lot. The sim then just uses the rug when needed.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:55 AM
I miss the open world. Make the neighborhood fill much more alive, Sims 4 worlds seem dead.

https://simsloverblog384059712.wordpress.com/

View my creations and follow my blog please. Please follow, I post my creations mainly on my blog and sometimes MTS.
Alchemist
#29 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth0et0holth
Just saying, this is one of the things from 3 I miss the most. I wonder if they'll ever consider either, or at least a semi-open world, in one of the 4 expansions or in 5?

(Also, I kind of want to make some Initial D sims just saying...)

5? One must assume there is a fifth title.

4? It's already semi-open. Whatever 'district' the player is in allows them, the player, to roam around its limited space. It's only the non-active lot interiors that are unloaded and require a load screen. Hence semi-open.

View my (WIP) Pinterest boards to find TS2 CC that fits Mediterranean and MENA 'hoods of all Eras:
Cars | Historical | Misc | Build | Buy

I'm the mother f-ing pharaoh of this modthesims shit.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
5? One must assume there is a fifth title.

4? It's already semi-open. Whatever 'district' the player is in allows them, the player, to roam around its limited space. It's only the non-active lot interiors that are unloaded and require a load screen. Hence semi-open.

I don't personally consider that as a semi-close. As I can walk anywhere, like in someone's yard or front door, and the district is fully open in the district (semi-open, because your not witnessing/experencing the whole world/town/city), that's I would classify as semi-open world. I believe TS3 on consoles had sort of such thing.
Alchemist
#31 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 7:56 AM
Dictionary says otherwise.

View my (WIP) Pinterest boards to find TS2 CC that fits Mediterranean and MENA 'hoods of all Eras:
Cars | Historical | Misc | Build | Buy

I'm the mother f-ing pharaoh of this modthesims shit.
Theorist
#32 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
Now don't get me wrong, the loading screens in TS4 are fucking irritating, especially on my shitty laptop that has the game running with several packs and a ton of mods and CC. But there is something to be said for actually being able to go in all the buildings (even if the tiny ass map only allows for a few community lots per world...but I digress) and have more than a handful of sims appear.

But you absolutely can't go in all the buildings in TS4. 90% of the structures you can see are set dressing and aren't even rabbit holes you can pretend to visit. A Rabbit hole is still better than a cardboard cutout of a pretty building you can't even go to :v
Inventor
#33 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averex
I'd only want to see an open world come back if it isn't a facade that your sims can't truly explore (rabbit holes) the way it was in TS3. What's the point in making this big open world if you can't go in half the buildings and sims rarely show up in the areas you can explore? All you can really say is that it looks pretty.

The Sims 3 certainly had a rabbithole problem throughout its lifetime, and even when things like open restaurants were finally added they still had issues. However, at the end of the day, The Sims 3 *does* have a lot of open community lot buildings to visit. The ones that remain only as rabbitholes are pretty much just job/school buildings which, I mean, we never really had open in any previous game either they just weren't on the map.

I fail to see how TS4 really accomplishes anything different. TS3 had issues, but the TS4 has these issues, in enclosed spaces with loading screens. I'll take the open world of The Sims 3 any day. In my TS3 games, lots my sims go to do fill up with other Sims.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Instructor
#34 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoon_crazy
The Sims 3 certainly had a rabbithole problem throughout its lifetime, and even when things like open restaurants were finally added they still had issues. However, at the end of the day, The Sims 3 *does* have a lot of open community lot buildings to visit. The ones that remain only as rabbitholes are pretty much just job/school buildings which, I mean, we never really had open in any previous game either they just weren't on the map.

I fail to see how TS4 really accomplishes anything different. TS3 had issues, but the TS4 has these issues, in enclosed spaces with loading screens. I'll take the open world of The Sims 3 any day. In my TS3 games, lots my sims go to do fill up with other Sims.

I'm not saying I prefer TS4, especially when my loading screens feel about 5-10 mins long at a time. I'm just saying that if Open World ever comes back, I don't want it to do what TS3 did. I understand that it was a limitation of the game engine and that regardless, it did add much-needed improvements upon TS2, but with TS5 there shouldn't be any excuses for rabbit holes.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 3:13 AM
If I want to play a game with that many loading screens, I'll play Sims 2.
Page 2 of 2