Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 8:00 AM
Replies: 59 (Who?), Viewed: 1413 times.
Page 3 of 3
Turquoise Dragon
staff: moderator
#51 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 3:26 PM
if there are no compatibility settings on it, and it still doesn't run, @thewrittenletter would you try copying and pasting the exe to the tsdata folder and trying it? If you use bodyshop, it could have a borked pathway as well. I just tried it from the tsdata folder instead and it still works, so perhaps try that? btw it took longer to load for me from there, but it read the patch fine.

smorbie run the 4 gb patch on your sims2ep9.exe (or whatever expansion pack you have that is your latest one You find it in your program files

If you have the game on disk and everything, look in the mansions and gardens folder in program files. If you have double deluxe or UC it is under fun with pets then mansions and gardens you apply it to the exe directly I would make a copy of it and put it somewhere as a back up first tho

if you want, pm me and I will try and help you more one on one if you get lost

My posts arent showing up correctly when I post them this morning, so I accidentally double posted so am combining them.
Turquoise Dragon
staff: moderator DELETED POST
20th Apr 2018 at 3:29 PM
This message has been deleted by gdayars. Reason: weird glitching with posts
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 6:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
if there are no compatibility settings on it, and it still doesn't run, @thewrittenletter would you try copying and pasting the exe to the tsdata folder and trying it? If you use bodyshop, it could have a borked pathway as well. I just tried it from the tsdata folder instead and it still works, so perhaps try that? btw it took longer to load for me from there, but it read the patch fine.

smorbie run the 4 gb patch on your sims2ep9.exe (or whatever expansion pack you have that is your latest one You find it in your program files

If you have the game on disk and everything, look in the mansions and gardens folder in program files. If you have double deluxe or UC it is under fun with pets then mansions and gardens you apply it to the exe directly I would make a copy of it and put it somewhere as a back up first tho

if you want, pm me and I will try and help you more one on one if you get lost

My posts arent showing up correctly when I post them this morning, so I accidentally double posted so am combining them.

When I download the patch and click on it, it opens up my sims documents folder and wants to go somewhere in there. That's not in program files. It's the folder that has cameras as the first item, the one that includes the downloads folder.

Are you telling me I don't put it somewhere in there, but put it in program files instead?

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Turquoise Dragon
#53 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 8:47 PM
Right, you have to change where it points to, in the window that pops up, and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin for Ultimate Collection for instance, and select the sims2ep9.exe (or just sims2ep9 file if you have program extensions hidden).
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:53 PM
Oh no, everything's going horribly wrong - it's 100x worse now!! I have Ultimate Collection and it's been crashing constantly. I only just spotted this thread and I've tried to follow the advice but I must have gone wrong somewhere! Computers and my brain just aren't compatible! I would really appreciate some advice. Here's what I know:

Memory in my config log is showing up as 2048.
I ran the patch in Program files(x86)/Origin games/Sims 2 ultimate collection/Fun with pets/SP9/TS Bin/Sims2EP9.
That didn't affect config log memory at all.
I tried running the game from Origin. It'd reverted back to original neighborhoods/no CC/800x600 resolution with no option to change.
Checked config log again. No change.
Turned off compatibility settings and tried playing again. Same problem.
Cut Sims2EP9 and its shortcut from TSBin and placed in CSBin. No change.
Selected Windows 8 compatibility as the internet suggested. No change.
I've tried running through Origin and directly through Program files but getting the old neighbourhoods and no CC etc. I didn't think to back up before trying all this stuff (Why would I, that's what sensible people do!) so have I lost everything now?!?!

I can't see a link to the flexible .exe thing that's been mentioned up-thread? What else can I try? My game was hugely frustrating before, but it's unplayable now!!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
Right, you have to change where it points to, in the window that pops up, and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin for Ultimate Collection for instance, and select the sims2ep9.exe (or just sims2ep9 file if you have program extensions hidden).

Thank you! That was easy. Now, on to the next step. Pray for me.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Needs Coffee
#56 Old Yesterday at 6:21 AM
Well this has turned out not to be why my game is freezing on saving, but a driver update did take off my 4gbt patch and my memory was being used up, at least on Skyrim so both have helped even if I still can't play sims yet. I am still waiting on a new better power supply. So far we have had no luck on finding the cause of this strange issue that only occurs when cc reaches about 2.8 gigs(any CC), even someone else folder. I guess the last step will be a full reinstall.

I am open to all and any suggestions by this point.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#57 Old Yesterday at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Well this has turned out not to be why my game is freezing on saving, but a driver update did take off my 4gbt patch and my memory was being used up, at least on Skyrim so both have helped even if I still can't play sims yet. I am still waiting on a new better power supply. So far we have had no luck on finding the cause of this strange issue that only occurs when cc reaches about 2.8 gigs(any CC), even someone else folder. I guess the last step will be a full reinstall.

I am open to all and any suggestions by this point.

What is an icon of an sim doing in the middle of the road and above 2 houses. That's some freaky graphical glitch that I wish that I would never encover.
Turquoise Dragon
#58 Old Yesterday at 8:00 PM
Her game isn't saving correctly and whatever sim she saves on shows up on the road :/
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#59 Old Yesterday at 9:22 PM
@joandsarah77
Is there a thread anywhere that gives your system specs and lists what you've tried already?
Needs Coffee
#60 Old Today at 9:12 AM
@simsample No, I've been working with gdayars on it, but we are stumped. I have never heard of anyone having this issue and all I can think of is that AGS or the driver update somehow corrupted it.

Ramblings under a spoiler.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 3