Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#6351 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:33 PM
And just like that, BAM! Cats and Dogs is half off. http://simscommunity.info/2018/03/1...-off-on-origin/

If this doesn't speak to how bad EA's attempt to money grab has gone over, I'm not sure what will.
Advertisement
Theorist
#6352 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
And just like that, BAM! Cats and Dogs is half off. http://simscommunity.info/2018/03/1...-off-on-origin/

If this doesn't speak to how bad EA's attempt to money grab has gone over, I'm not sure what will.

lol half off; still not worth the price.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6353 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 1:56 PM
I cackled.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#6354 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 1:57 PM
It might as well be, since we now know it was half an EP so Half-Price...
Field Researcher
#6355 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:52 PM
https://youtu.be/iB8YFehfckY

Comparison of animals in The Sims series.
Mad Poster
#6356 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza

That was very fun to see. Thanks for posting.
Field Researcher
#6357 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza

Unique activity that each game has for dogs

TS1: Dog Shows
TS2: Dog Jobs
TS3: Dogs guarding stuff
TS4: Simstagram
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6358 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:56 PM
Dog shows would have been perfect in TS4. Dress them up, learn tricks, do obstacle courses.

Missed opportunity.

Theorist
#6359 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Dog shows would have been perfect in TS4. Dress them up, learn tricks, do obstacle courses.

Missed opportunity.

I keep saying it, TS4 is the generation of missed opportunities .-.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6360 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:10 AM
I may not be a fan of the art style (dear god), or some design choices, but TS4 could have had some incredibly solid moments that superseded all of the faults. TS1 is still enjoyable to play, and it doesn't need a billion collections, or 700 food dishes, TS1 even have babies attached to cribs, no toddlers, no businesses to run, limited design opportunities, fixed lots, one town, etc., but it will have you hooked.

TS4 lacks depth and they don't jump on solid chances. TS4 has SOME appeal, and they honestly could have capitalized on the shallow aspect of the game if they added in some depth to keep players hooked.

---

And tomorrow is the quarterly teaser. I can't for <outdoor> stuff! Wouldn't it be shady if it's camping or tropical stuff...

Forum Resident
#6361 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:59 AM
And tomorrow is the quarterly teaser. I can't for <outdoor> stuff! Wouldn't it be shady if it's camping or tropical stuff...
Was it announced somewhere that we'll get the teaser tomorrow?
Also, now we know we won't see "DLC for DLC" in quarterly teasers, so it could happen again anytime
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6362 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:42 AM
Are the trailers not released on the first Tuesday of the season?

Field Researcher
#6363 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:12 AM
Are the trailers not released on the first Tuesday of the season?

The next teaser won’t be released until April. Q4 for EA goes until March 31.
Test Subject
#6364 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Rappybaba : 27th Mar 2018 at 1:18 PM.
For my opinion TS4 Cats and Dogs isnt that worth for 40$ I feel its more like a Game Pack instead of Expansion Pack. It should adds rodents and birds too as minor pets and then 40$ price is pretty fair.

Here some short story about how TS4 Pets is cut into pieces and pieces.
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author 's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is not entirely coincidental.

Maxis: Look, lord EA. We have done it. The perfect TS4 Pets. Look at his marvelous left hand that holding a rodent. Look at his broad shoulder there are birds hanging there. Look at this majestic horse as his mount! Don't forget those little and adorable cats and dogs following him. Isn't this wonderful?
EA: -forcibly take the rodent from TS4 Pets arm-
This rodent can be used for the next 10$ stuff pack
Wait a second! Is that a bird?
-catches the bird and put them in the cage-
Nope next 10$ stuff pack!
-drags the horse back into ranch-
This will be the next 20$ game pack.
Maxis: But its only cats and dogs.
EA: Yep and this one is perfect for me.
Maxis: The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs?
EA: Purrfect!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6365 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:02 PM
If the next game pack is horses, I am leaving.

Lab Assistant
#6366 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
I read somewhere (I think it was SimsVIP) about a possible upcoming magic/witch pack due to the fact a few objects in Laundry Day have some very suspicious descriptions. But all I could think when I read the article was "they're just gonna add witches, I know it". Then I proceeded to think about how packed Makin' Magic was. And then I got a little sad

But it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they make an SP or something that contains witchy things without it being an actual life state or anything like that, just magical objects.

But on the topic of EPs, I genuinely hope Seasons is the next one, but I highly doubt it due to the fact we just got a big pack such as cats & dogs.
Top Secret Researcher
#6367 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:23 PM
Historically, we have gotten Pets/Seasons back to back before.
Mad Poster
#6368 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:07 PM
If the next game pack is horses, I am leaving.

From where?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6369 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
From where?

I just came out to have a good time and I feel very attacked right now.

Lab Assistant
#6370 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Historically, we have gotten Pets/Seasons back to back before.

Oh, we have? I don't actually remember but now I'm more hopeful that we might. Although I feel like EA might try and milk whatever they can out of us by releasing a few more game/stuff packs and such before Seasons.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6371 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
Oh, we have? I don't actually remember but now I'm more hopeful that we might. Although I feel like EA might try and milk whatever they can out of us by releasing a few more game/stuff packs and such before Seasons.

We have.

Unleashed & Bon Voyage in TS1. Pets & Seasons in TS2, and in TS3 the Redwood Shores team produced Pets, then Seasons.

Seasons is likely next, but I wouldn’t be surprised if EA produced something incredibly random, like a Superstar pack or soemthing.

Forum Resident
#6372 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 12:20 AM
Seasons is likely next, but I wouldn't be surprised if EA produced something incredibly random, like a Superstar pack or soemthing.

It'll probably be something stupid that nobody asked for.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#6373 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
It'll probably be something stupid that nobody asked for.

#BlameSteve

And there will be people who will depend their themed choices because we all know how the sims team reads and takes (no) action based on what the first page of FEEDBACK subforum section room (might apply to "Ideas Corner" as well) is asking for by popular demand. Either the fanboys (Oh sorry drake, I meant to say fangirlteens) are oblivion and doesn't question how input in gurus headquarters are handled or, as DeservedCritism as pointed a video to a strange psychology: their typical fanboys don't wanna take it as a personal failure how the company represents themselves despite it being not on their best interest.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6374 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:53 AM
We have.

Unleashed & Bon Voyage in TS1. Pets & Seasons in TS2, and in TS3 the Redwood Shores team produced Pets, then Seasons.

Seasons is likely next, but I wouldn't be surprised if EA produced something incredibly random, like a Superstar pack or soemthing.
That's a bit misleading, if you think of that as a line of reasoning, isn't it? In TS1 Vacation came before Unleashed and in TS3 there was Supernatural between Pets and Seasons; and as there was some connection between Supernatural and Seasons, I'd rather say that in the case of TS3 these two were done back-to-back.
Lab Assistant
#6375 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:06 AM
Seasons was confirmed for September (I forgot the exact day) :D
Locked thread
Page 255 of 447