Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cece15624
I never said that you specifically thought the sims were ultra realistic, I said a lot or some people. again I'm NOT comparing that. I've said it twice and I will say it again, that if EA decided to make it realistic they could considering other games released that year and some renders I've seen for games. You have to think if they did make The Sims realistic in 3 than that would be the big feature CASt wouldn't be involved an open world would probably not be included either so that takes care of your extreme lag situation. Also that The Sims 3 graphics wise is not realistic. Which is what a lot of people make it out to be, it might have the best graphics of all The Sims games (if that's your preference) If you've seen my post above you would know that I do not want The Sims 4 to be realistic.

Again, what games? I assume it's something other than a non-linear first person shooter brought up. Is it at least something where you personally edit each aspect of their looks? You're right though, EA technically can make it realistic. And just as you stated, it would basically mean the removal of the two major gameplay additions to The Sims 3. Considering the fact that nobody wants a game which sacrifices any new feature for looks, that's entirely pointless. I can only assume that the Sims 4 will be chock full of new and exciting content judging by the downgraded, cartoonish PS2 era graphics seen in the latest image releases. (Oh, wait. No CASt and our main news is there's emotions!)

At least most of the hair in the Sims 3 doesn't look like a chunk of solid plastic.

Go on now compare.

A comparison as fair as the one in Post #4, in game pictures from Sims 2 and 3 against, what, concept art? A render? Still a better attempted analogy than comparing paw prints or whatever.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 3:20 PM
Keep in mind the different teams who make those games and how their priorities are divided. A game like the sims is much harder to make than your standard zombie shooter (unless it's "Last of Us") so they probably (or rather they should, I'm not making any assumptions when it comes to how those people work -___-) spend significantly more time and money working on the game itself and less on ultra-realistic graphics.
Instructor
#28 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 3:33 PM
Also, I just want to point out that Crysis (at launch) was a system-killer that could only be played by really high end computers due to its graphics, so it's not exactly the most fair of comparisons.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 9:17 PM
You guys make it seem like I want realistic graphics, which I do not. Ever, nor never stated such thing.

By saying "go on compare" I meant the pudding with the sim. It was a joke.

I find that hard to believe Pirate Wolf. Considering the lag, the crashing, the CDs not reading The Sims 3 was a big hit and they sold a lot, also the fact that A LOT of features requested and asked for were not included the expansions still sold. If it were to be made realistic we would probably not have half the tools we have today, or who knows we might and have to put up with the lag like The Sims 3 today.

As for the "realistic" character customization goes yes, there is APB: Reloaded- E3 2009. Character Customization Gameplay.

I could be wrong I've never played this game and am stating the title of the YouTube video...

Now before you state well they probably can't use the toilet or have babies:

I'm on your side since my first comment on this thread . I never wanted the graphics to be realistic and was simply showing how I think The Sims 3 graphics aren't realistic. I don't know how you guys took that as I want the graphics to be realistic, and that I said that The Sims 3 should look like Left 4 Dead 2. Which I'm NOT for the fourth time I'm not comparing that. I'm saying I do not think The Sims 3 graphics is realistic.

As for The Sims 3 not being possible to be realistic, yeah it would be possible but we would have a shit ton of lag and about no features. Am I saying EA would ever do this NO. They keep the cartoon quirky theme going throughout all of the games and I don't expect that to change anytime soon . Am I saying that I want the graphics to be realistic NO.

Gosh I know how that guy feels now

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I'm with Lil Bag. My problem isn't that the graphics of the sims are cartoony. It's that they look bad. The plastic hair, the sharp angles of their faces. They remind me of the console games. I don't mind what little we've seen of the world but that's hardly sold me on the new game.

Can you point out the "sharp angles" on the faces? Because I don't see them. When I see sharp angles I think of the way the sims 2 eyes were pointy.

Also, I don't know how long you've been around the sims forums, but when the sims 3 was first shown, people complained, said it was ugly, unrealistic, the hair looked plastic. Even though I wasn't on the forums during this, I've seen many people reference this. I bet most people that don't like the graphics now will think the opposite when the game is released. Then when it's time for the sims 5, the same thing will happen and people will be saying the sims 4 is the best.
Scholar
#31 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 6:12 AM
I'm on your side since my first comment on this thread . I never wanted the graphics to be realistic and was simply showing how I think The Sims 3 graphics aren't realistic. I don't know how you guys took that as I want the graphics to be realistic, and that I said that The Sims 3 should look like Left 4 Dead 2. Which I'm NOT for the fourth time I'm not comparing that. I'm saying I do not think The Sims 3 graphics is realistic.

Clearly our weird debate thing is going nowhere and I say we just join hands and sing something around a fire. Or pester Graham with a list of our demands, I'm not too fussed. Group hugs and sugar and all that.

Quote: Originally posted by NotScottish
Can you point out the "sharp angles" on the faces? Because I don't see them. When I see sharp angles I think of the way the sims 2 eyes were pointy.

Beardsie McHipster's weird jaw thing is one example. Whilst I wouldn't put it past this straight legged jeans wearing, silent movie watching jabronie to put copious amounts of hair wax in his beard, I'm gonna use his unnatural jawline or beardline or whatever as an example. Weird bone structure, but judging by the solid matter on his scalp he probably painted his munted skull to look like it has hair. I might also count his nose in, which to me has a few too many strange angles going on. I don't know, I spent an awfully long time comparing his nose to real ones and the spies at Google probably think I have a weird fetish or something.

Slothy Emoboy can't even put in the effort of wearing clothes around company but I'd be equally depressed if my head looked like a loaf of bread. And if you can look past the gaggle of women bitchfully gossiping about the friends that didn't come to edge pancake dude into throwing himself into a ravine, you'll see they also suffer similar unnaturally sharp angles to their faces. Especially the chick in dark blue, sitting on the couch, totally eye woohooing Mr Sad Eyes.

Whilst the chick yells at Mr Joe NoMoJo that she'll rub glass into his eyes if he keeps offering to buy her a drink, look at his block-like nose. I wouldn't want a drink from him, unbroken seal or not. But I'm also a guy and he's not real. Either way, I'll say that she looks fine in that picture.

The chick who actually thinks bright green pants and black leather go together is losing her shit and laughing hysterically as she feels her weird triangle face. None of the other Sims cover art stereotypes like Mr Srz Biznes, The Centre Cool Guy, Awkward Nerd Getting Some or Blonde Bimbo Bombshell give a damn. I do though, you could perform Grand Theft Auto stunt jumps off those cheekbones.

Quote: Originally posted by NotScottish
Also, I don't know how long you've been around the sims forums, but when the sims 3 was first shown, people complained, said it was ugly, unrealistic, the hair looked plastic. Even though I wasn't on the forums during this, I've seen many people reference this. I bet most people that don't like the graphics now will think the opposite when the game is released. Then when it's time for the sims 5, the same thing will happen and people will be saying the sims 4 is the best.

What occurred with Sims 3 isn't necessarily an indicator for The Sims 4. People said they looked like pudding. And, y'know, they do. I don't think they're awful, but I do think they could have been improved. I personally don't like what we've seen of the sims for The Sims 4, for different reasons. Regardless, we have a long wait till The Sims 4 is released, if the graphics improve - or at least things like hair details - great. If not, at least the players will have something to complain about for the next five or so years.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:00 AM

Beardsie McHipster's weird jaw thing is one example. Whilst I wouldn't put it past this straight legged jeans wearing, silent movie watching jabronie to put copious amounts of hair wax in his beard, I'm gonna use his unnatural jawline or beardline or whatever as an example. Weird bone structure, but judging by the solid matter on his scalp he probably painted his munted skull to look like it has hair. I might also count his nose in, which to me has a few too many strange angles going on. I don't know, I spent an awfully long time comparing his nose to real ones and the spies at Google probably think I have a weird fetish or something.

Slothy Emoboy can't even put in the effort of wearing clothes around company but I'd be equally depressed if my head looked like a loaf of bread. And if you can look past the gaggle of women bitchfully gossiping about the friends that didn't come to edge pancake dude into throwing himself into a ravine, you'll see they also suffer similar unnaturally sharp angles to their faces. Especially the chick in dark blue, sitting on the couch, totally eye woohooing Mr Sad Eyes.

Whilst the chick yells at Mr Joe NoMoJo that she'll rub glass into his eyes if he keeps offering to buy her a drink, look at his block-like nose. I wouldn't want a drink from him, unbroken seal or not. But I'm also a guy and he's not real. Either way, I'll say that she looks fine in that picture.

The chick who actually thinks bright green pants and black leather go together is losing her shit and laughing hysterically as she feels her weird triangle face. None of the other Sims cover art stereotypes like Mr Srz Biznes, The Centre Cool Guy, Awkward Nerd Getting Some or Blonde Bimbo Bombshell give a damn. I do though, you could perform Grand Theft Auto stunt jumps off those cheekbones.

......You amuse me. I will make you mine.

*reads again* Oh shit, you're a guy?....let's just be friends XD
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:56 AM
Clearly our weird debate thing is going nowhere and I say we just join hands and sing something around a fire. Or pester Graham with a list of our demands, I'm not too fussed. Group hugs and sugar and all that.

What occurred with Sims 3 isn't necessarily an indicator for The Sims 4. People said they looked like pudding. And, y'know, they do. I don't think they're awful, but I do think they could have been improved. I personally don't like what we've seen of the sims for The Sims 4, for different reasons. Regardless, we have a long wait till The Sims 4 is released, if the graphics improve - or at least things like hair details - great. If not, at least the players will have something to complain about for the next five or so years.

Whilst reading I was hoping you would mention The saggy boobs the woman in the blue has I have nothing against the style they went for in The Sims 4... But holy crap those things look like they could drop to the floor.

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Scholar
#34 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 9:25 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 17th Jan 2014 at 11:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
*reads again* Oh shit, you're a guy?....let's just be friends XD

Fo' sho', bro.

Whilst reading I was hoping you would mention The saggy boobs the woman in the blue has I have nothing against the style they went for in The Sims 4... But holy crap those things look like they could drop to the floor.

"Pancakedate.jpg"? I think there's only a couple of pancakes he'd like to date, mirite, men!?!?! (I just really wanted to post the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia clip.)

I think it's more posture than the cruel effects of gravity in this case. And by posture I mean she's trying to attract the attention of that sad, sad man.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quote:
I actually like the look. Way better than bullet boobs. Gravity affecting a non-bra-wearer; works for me. I like her best of all the sims in the picture. The one in yellow is the one who bothers me most (it's her face; though pink-with-jacket has a heck of chin).
Alchemist
#36 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 9:08 PM
I find that hard to believe Pirate Wolf. Considering the lag, the crashing, the CDs not reading The Sims 3 was a big hit and they sold a lot,

The Sims 3 was a commercial success, selling 1.4 million copies in its first week.[3][4] Critics issued mostly positive reviews. The Sims 3 gained an 86/100 score from aggregator Metacritic.[5] The game has sold over ten million copiesworldwide since its 2009 release, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
The Sims 3 was a commercial success, selling 1.4 million copies in its first week.[3][4] Critics issued mostly positive reviews. The Sims 3 gained an 86/100 score from aggregator Metacritic.[5] The game has sold over ten million copiesworldwide since its 2009 release, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time.[6]

And The Sims 2 is the biggest selling PC video game of all time. 20 million copies sold. The original Sims is 2nd, at 16 million copies. Sims 3 is ninth. A big hit, yes. For the series standard, maybe a disappointment? Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._PC_video_games .
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 12:27 AM

I still don't see sharp edges. They just look like smooth, round (not sharp) facial features to me.
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:02 PM
Not going to lie. Did NOT like the graphics when I first saw the trailer but it kind of grew on me. Plus, that cartoonish look and humor is what made me fall for the sims in the first place. And everyone that is saying it's too cartoony and unrealistic, if you look back at the series, the sims were never fully realistic to begin with, especially with vampires and zombies and witches walking around.
Scholar
#40 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 4:02 AM
All we need is realistic Custom Content Skin made by Asians!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Mad Poster
#41 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 5:52 AM

This number of ten million is a very old number (article from 2011) and has been in wikipedia for a few years now. Considering there has been a few EP releases after this point this number cannot be right. Unless it's just the base-game. At some point there was a mention that online sales are not included in the figures so the true number of sales is not known. Now I cannot find this passage. If only hard copy sales are counted in wikipedia that's not fare for newer games now that digital sales are a thing.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hevnleme
But what some of you don't notice or understand is that sims 3's graphics were soooooo realistic that your game would crash or lag.

The game would lag and crash not because of the pudding, but because the game overall is poorly optimized. And Electronic Art's large amount of updates didn't rectify the issue(s).

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#43 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 7:52 AM
Routing issues and bad lot designs cause lag too. That is why I must edit before playing EA worlds, after many EPs and experience in route failures I can identify a bad build just looking the lot over. Wonder if Sims 4 will address it?

I don't have much faith in that last statement as they are using the same people that worked on Sims 3.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#44 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
And The Sims 2 is the biggest selling PC video game of all time. 20 million copies sold. The original Sims is 2nd, at 16 million copies. Sims 3 is ninth. A big hit, yes. For the series standard, maybe a disappointment? Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._PC_video_games .

I wasn't responding to whether or not it was a disappointment. I responded to someone who said he couldn't believe that EA sold a lot of the game. I'm not sure how being the 9th best selling game in history equates to a disappointment. Not to mention money made from the store and expansions

Quote: Originally posted by ani_
This number of ten million is a very old number (article from 2011) and has been in wikipedia for a few years now. Considering there has been a few EP releases after this point this number cannot be right. Unless it's just the base-game. At some point there was a mention that online sales are not included in the figures so the true number of sales is not known. Now I cannot find this passage. If only hard copy sales are counted in wikipedia that's not fare for newer games now that digital sales are a thing.

I believe that figure is talking about base game sales. I also have to assume Origin and Steam sales would be included in that number although it's not specified. Either way I don't know how anyone can call it a disappointment with over $10M in sales
Field Researcher
#45 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 6:13 PM
I wasn't responding to whether or not it was a disappointment. I responded to someone who said he couldn't believe that EA sold a lot of the game. I'm not sure how being the 9th best selling game in history equates to a disappointment. Not to mention money made from the store and expansions

I believe that figure is talking about base game sales. I also have to assume Origin and Steam sales would be included in that number although it's not specified. Either way I don't know how anyone can call it a disappointment with over $10M in sales

Well EA certainly couldn't but then again they may have been hoping for better - who knows? I call it riding a wave - I'm in that count - blind faith that TS3 was going to be as good of an upgrade from TS2 as it was from TS1 - but personally was disappointed.

I would love to know the sales figure including EP's because I think that would tell a very different story to the overall success of the whole series because like many I never kept buying them. But then again throw in the rip-off store items and they may have made enough to cover the losses on their other franchise debacles.
One Minute Ninja'd
#46 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 6:29 PM
I would love to know the total sales in dollars of not only the base game, but the EPs/SPs, and the Store. I have no proof, but I would speculate that the Store boosted total sales in dollar amounts of the entire series past the earlier versions. Between that and Origin, digital delivery, without the worries of cutting in a retailer, had to be a winner for revenue generated. So rather than compare units sold between versions, which does not take into allowance the number of EPs/SPs sold, or, for that matter, any differences between the number of EP/SPs released with each version, comparing revenue generated, corrected for today's dollars might be a better measure (not necessarily fair to compare the cost of the original Sims in 2000ish with the value of 2014 dollars, although it was a pretty low inflationary period, but I do want to be fair). If version 3 generated more revenue than previous series, then we can extrapolate the marketing of 4. Which my gut tells me will be lots and lots of Store transactions.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

I don't have much faith in that last statement as they are using the same people that worked on Sims 3.

But most of those people who worked on the sims 3 were also on the sims 2, unless i'm wrong. IMO the reason sims 3 was such a disappointment was because the higher ups at EA didn't allow enough time or budget to make the game decent. The developers are very talented, but i just don't think they have enough time given to make the game truly awesome.
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th May 2014 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by morphius1
You can't please everyone, folks. Everyone just loved The Sims 2 sims (now that was cartoony).

In my opinion, The Sims 4 sims (so far) look better than The Sims 3 sims. But that is my opinion. I have no problemos with the way it looks. What I am concerned with is gameplay.

To people saying the graphics look horrible need I remind you of this?

I mean look at TS3 here and look at it now. Obviously things are gonna change and everyone said TS3 was horrible until al the amazing CC started coming out! I honestly believe TS4 has the better graphics
Field Researcher
#49 Old 16th May 2014 at 10:39 AM
Sims look good. Even Saints Row-esque hair looks... eh... hairy.

Everything else looks like copy-paste from The Sims 3 though. Same nausea-inducing art style, same blurry textures, same simplistic meshes... 3D sidewalks tho @_@
Page 2 of 2