Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2626 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 10:57 PM
Well my game refused to load my megahood and scared the crap outta me but once I restarted my game, it was ok.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2627 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:50 AM
Working on my test of time hood and my Daorsus family suffered disaster today. Adeline Daorsus was going through her third pregnancy and managed to make it through the first bit with minimal morning sickness. She's miscarried the pregnancy before this one so I've been keeping a close eye on her and she was platinum and in the green for temp. But then she got her first belly bump and started leaving spots of fire before bursting into flames herself. Her husband Bulus managed to extinguish her though and a few more times when she flamed up a few more times during her pregnancy. But throughout it all, she managed to carry the child to term and maintained a good mood. While nursing her newborn Manlius she burst into flames yet again. Bulus put her out and she took a drink, got to green temp again and went outside to have a quick snack. And again, flames. Bulus who'd been getting increasingly stressed this entire time finally had a mental break and Adeline finally died and because Bulus was still out of it he couldn't plead with Death. Distraught, Bulus invited over Adeline's twin sister Rebekkah and asked her to move in. The hope was that she'd agree to marry him and be a mother to her nephews. He was going to talk to her about it but before he could do anything, he ignited. Rebekkah was caught in the flames as well so couldn't do much except scream, but after Bulus died, she escaped the flames.

She picked up the older child Waldobert, giving the poor orphan a snuggle before putting him down and going inside to tend to Manilius who, through this whole sequence of events, was screaming. She cuddled him as well, then set him down, and then...burned. With no one to save her she burned away, the infant laying on the ground within the flames. The social worker showed up then, of course, and Waldobert went to live with his Aunt Puja as the first orphan of the neighborhood. Next round, he'll move in with his oldest Uncle Armand and hopefully he can forget the horror he was witness to. When he grows up, he may move back into his former family's home. If not to stay, then at least to move the graves from the cursed grounds.

No idea why this all happened. I think the baby was glitchy since every time someone burned they were either holding him or thinking about him.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2628 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:14 AM
@Lilana_Astrix Are you patched? Make sure you have the Season's patch installed if you are on disks or repair your game in origin if on the UC, sims should not burst into fire since the Season patch. I would also run Hood Checker and check the lot with the Bat Box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#2629 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:32 AM
I'm patched and I've run the hood checker and I have the batbox, but I'm afraid to mess around with it too much. So far, I've just used it to randomize sims to avoid the first-born syndrome.
Forum Resident
#2630 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:06 AM
Lien Wong had a dream date with Phil. He came by to drop off a gift (real subtle, Phil), and then this happened in very quick succession:

The burglar was caught, but Lien dumped Phil a few days later.
Mad Poster
#2631 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:16 PM
I've started playing Marka93's The Beginnings of Pleasantview hood.

I moved Victor and Gretle Goth into a house, and moved Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom into a house. Victor and Gretle had a daughter named Frida and a son named Gunther. While Prudence was pregnant with Agnes, Simon got abducted by aliens and was pregnant with his half alien son Caelum. Prudence gave birth to Agnes the day before Simon gave birth to Caelum. I imagine baby Agnes was not happy Simon put her back into her crib with a dirty diaper when he went into labor. Prudence later got pregnant with and gave birth to Cornelia.

Through TwoJeff's school bus mod Gunther is friends with Cornelia which is good, since they will eventually marry and have Mortimer Goth. As of right now though Frida Goth is 2 days away from becoming a Teen and Gunther is 5 days days away from becoming a Teen. Agnes Crumplebottom is 1 day away from becoming a Teen, Caelum is 2 days away from becoming a Teen and Cornelia is 5 days away from becoming a Teen.

Gunther is going to marry Cornelia, but Frida, Agnes and Caelum don't have pre-set spouses. I haven't quite decided what I want to do with them yet.
Scholar
#2632 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:24 PM
maybe caelum marries frida?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#2633 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I've started playing Marka93's The Beginnings of Pleasantview hood.

I moved Victor and Gretle Goth into a house, and moved Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom into a house. Victor and Gretle had a daughter named Frida and a son named Gunther. While Prudence was pregnant with Agnes, Simon got abducted by aliens and was pregnant with his half alien son Caelum. Prudence gave birth to Agnes the day before Simon gave birth to Caelum. I imagine baby Agnes was not happy Simon put her back into her crib with a dirty diaper when he went into labor. Prudence later got pregnant with and gave birth to Cornelia.

Through TwoJeff's school bus mod Gunther is friends with Cornelia which is good, since they will eventually marry and have Mortimer Goth. As of right now though Frida Goth is 2 days away from becoming a Teen and Gunther is 5 days days away from becoming a Teen. Agnes Crumplebottom is 1 day away from becoming a Teen, Caelum is 2 days away from becoming a Teen and Cornelia is 5 days away from becoming a Teen.

Gunther is going to marry Cornelia, but Frida, Agnes and Caelum don't have pre-set spouses. I haven't quite decided what I want to do with them yet.

Why don't you post in the What's Goin On In Your Game Group so that way you can have your own thread dedicated to your Beginnin Pleasantview. Pics would be awesome, but of course not mandatory :P.

As for who to marry Agnes and Caelum to .... do you have other 'spares'? Did you stick w/ just who was already pre-destined, well, other than Caelum of course ... lol? Do you plan on stickin close to cannon or forgin your own path?

I know for me when I think about it I change my mind on what I want to do.... :D
Mad Poster
#2634 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 7:16 PM
At the start I had been planning to just to stick with who was already pre-destined, but then Simon's alien abduction and pregnancy happened. Frida and Gunther Goth were pre-determined, but Frida doesn't have a pre-planned spouse. Agnes and Cornelia were pre-determined, but Agnes doesn't have a pre-determined spouse. Gunther is Cornelia's pre-determined spouse.

I haven't moved anyone else in yet, the Goths and Crumplebottoms are the only ones in houses. I have been considering moving the Calientes and Pollination Technician 7 into houses because of family trees, but if I try to marry Frida, Agnes and Caelum into those families, it will take time.

I'm up in the air about how closely I want to stick to cannon.
Mad Poster
#2635 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:32 PM
Uberhood: Rhett Hart wants to enlist in the military. Well, okay then. (He wanted it before he met Chloe Curious. If he had any Penny related wants--all my aliens known to the government have to live in Strangetown . . . but he hasn't.) Candy wants an entertainment job. Everyone in the house has a # LTW. Candy clearly wants to move out of Widespot, and her downtownie date du jour brought her a stove as a date gift. I have never seen appliances as date gifts before, but Phil, you rock, and Candy loves you, or at least wants to love you, and will woohoo you soon when she's not so exhausted by pregnancy!

In spite of having Chris Hatch's mod for recognizing when your spouse cheated on you in, Hamilton did not realize that little Venice is not his kid. So the Beeches are . . . happyish. Or pretending really hard. They had the Pleasants and the Patels over for a political dinner and socialized, and the party was a roaring success. Ginny and Lil hit it off like a house on fire. I foresee many late nights, police reports, etc, in their future. Ginny also snuck out with Woody.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#2636 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
At the start I had been planning to just to stick with who was already pre-destined, but then Simon's alien abduction and pregnancy happened. Frida and Gunther Goth were pre-determined, but Frida doesn't have a pre-planned spouse. Agnes and Cornelia were pre-determined, but Agnes doesn't have a pre-determined spouse. Gunther is Cornelia's pre-determined spouse.

I haven't moved anyone else in yet, the Goths and Crumplebottoms are the only ones in houses. I have been considering moving the Calientes and Pollination Technician 7 into houses because of family trees, but if I try to marry Frida, Agnes and Caelum into those families, it will take time.

I'm up in the air about how closely I want to stick to cannon.

You could always add in 1 or 2 CAS made pairs of your own to mix in with the pre-mades. Give you a bit of makin it your own and yet still stayin within cannon. Because it bugged me for the 3 of the families startin at the 2nd generation point I went and made them parents so that everyone started w/ gen 1. Two other things I did was to give Mary Sue biological grand/parents (as well as a bit of history in my head to explain who and where she came from) and finish out Kaylynn's family tree seein as how they gave you some background of it in S3.

I did ponder the idea of puttin some of the Townies in (as playables of course) so that they could have ancestors too and make it a HUGE full hood, but I wasn't sure if that wouldn't make it TOO big and if it'd overwhelm me.

I've yet to decide if I want to put in Erik Charming, who according to S3 info, married Agnes but died on their wedding day. Like you, I'm torn between stickin w/ how it was already done and doin it a different way. I know that neither way is wrong or right, but I want to get it so that it's right for me.

I can't wait to see what you decide
Scholar
#2637 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:20 AM
In the Pleasantview megahood, Mary-Sue and Angela are blissfully oblivious to the implications of the maid wandering around the house in nothing but her underwear - though this may be because Daniel is more interested in smacking Dustin Broke around than in getting romantic.

So that's a third Sim headed for prison. What is wrong with them all?!
Top Secret Researcher
#2638 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:50 AM
I'm starting to work on setting up my megahood in terms of batboxing everyone (pre-uni, pre-ft, wipe corrupt memories..), setting their acr and all that happy stuff, as well as doing makeovers of the Sims as I go along! I have currently made over The Broke and Pleasant Households.

Broke Household

Pleasant Household

Having to start over due to upgrading to windows 10 also means i'm having to regenerate all the thumbnails so that is taking awhile lol. I love making over the Sims though! :D

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#2639 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:26 PM
It's that time again to set up my self Sim's home for Christmas. I changed the season to winter the other day even if the winter solstice hasn't rolled yet. I won't let snow fall constantly every day until spring like I did last year, but I will keep the opportunity window open by turning off clear sky. Interesting how Sims are more eager to have a snowball fight over a water balloon fight (at least in my experience).

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#2640 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:54 PM
these houses exist...
Screenshots

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#2641 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:52 AM
I finally have RetroPleasantspot (Pleasantview/Widespot in a mysterious hodgepodge of styles and technologies from the first half of the 20th century) ready to play, so I played it.

First, Don Lothario put off hiring a maid and invited Nina over. He couldn't get into a hot tub with her as advised, because hot tubs aren't appropriate to the milieu, but they found the bed did nicely.

Second, Dina took Mortimer on a date and got pregnant. He was still there (in his drawers and garters, playing mah jong) when the burglar arrived. Nina had already gone to bed, so in between bouts of vomiting Dina attacked the burglar - and won. Try to steal her state-of-the-art hi-fi, will he?!

Third, Cassandra threw her wedding party. Daniel, Mary Sue, Darren, Nina, and Dina were in attendance. Here's where a monkey wrench got thrown into my expectations - Don did not leave her at the altar, but went through with it. Then Mortimer proposed to Dina and they got married on the spot. Don and Cassie are mad at them (officially for upstaging their special day and disrespecting the memories of Bella and Uncle Michael), Darren is mad at Cassie and Don, and Nina and Dina have yet to be annoyed at anyone because they managed to be looking the other way every time Don and Cassie kissed except as part of a cut scene.

Everybody wants to go on an island honeymoon. Dina and Mortimer aren't getting one, because Dina would be throwing up constantly.Cassie and Don could have one, and it would give them time to get a new place ready since Cassie doesn't want to live with Dina taking Bella's place. But I haven't got any vacation hoods attached, am certainly not going to build a custom one right now, and am not sure Twikkii wouldn't be too much trouble to retrograde. So I'll probably just have them move out. But I had to pause and save in order to think about it, because Don and Cassie's schedules don't mesh and it doesn't make sense for such a wealthy couple to not have a honeymoon. And anyway it's getting on for dinner time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#2642 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:10 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 17th Dec 2017 at 7:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
My gosh I LOVE your makeovers! I wish you could somehow package those up. I wouldn't mind having them in my game!

Aww, thank you! I have no idea how to package anything though, sorry. I made Goth and Burb makeovers today!

Burb makeover

I also moved them into 95 Woodland drive

Goth makeovers!

My Simblr is also linked in my signature where I post all my pictures

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
#2643 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 1:35 PM
And today I was doing repairs in the living room/hallway of the O'Makey's. It turned out to be quite good ...

And Jules's triplets grew up (they gave birth to them before they went to college), their father Rhett Hart (of course =3). I wanted to give them a makeover, but the game crashed ...
Field Researcher
#2644 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:39 PM
I downloaded Emerald Heights few days ago. Went though every household, read all bios, re-rolled some lifetime wants, randomized gender preferences, gave sims who should have college education, appropriate degrees etc.

Maddy Kroud attacked Hope DeFirr while I was dealing with Claire's lifetime want. Magnolia Steele and Precious Stone have mutual wants to be friends. And Ash Wood is gay, it turns out (oh, this is going to be fun).
Inventor
#2645 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:03 PM
I had a strange predicament with one of my college Sims, which fortunately fixed itself when he graduated.

While he and his best friend were trudging through the semesters, I noticed the skin he was born with wasn't his mom's light CC skin at all; instead it was Maxis' second lightest skin. I discovered this when he was taking a shower after becoming fit from exercising, and his abs were a tad more difficult to see than the CC skins I've adapted to, which really make certain body features pop out. I changed his skin in SimPE by copying the code of the skin tone his best friend has and pasting it in the two relevant places: Age Data and Sim Description. After going through the mirror process his skin did update...but only on the head. The remainder of his person still retained the old skin. Having tried other steps necessary to fix the problem to no avail (like clearing cache), my last hope was to wait for him to grow into an adult to see if the skin will update all around. Thank goodness it did.

This was a rather droll experience, as I haven't had similar conflicts when changing the Sims' skins to the only CC skin set I have; even with the elderly it wasn't an issue. My only assumption was this Sim was born with the Maxis skin to begin with, and again, not his mom's light CC skin or even his dad's slightly darker CC skin. Took me until his young adult life to finally compare the difference.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Instructor
#2646 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 3:49 AM
I've started making over Takemizu Village and pinpointed why it's my least favorite of the vacation hoods: it's set up as a tiny, pastoral, Asian village...so for me to add like a karaoke bar or an internet cafe would be totally incongruous to my mind. It's certainly challenging!
Mad Poster
#2647 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:13 AM
Someone in the Story Dilemma Thread asked how many bolts Frida had with Caelum, and I planned to have them go on a date to see what chemistry they had. I ran into issues trying to get Frida to ask Caelum on a date.

Victor had completely restored the restorable car and it was sitting on a partial driveway, and they also had a buy able car sitting in a "normal" driveway. When I had Frida call Caelum and ask him to go on a date, she didn't leave after making the call and I had no idea why. I got a little concerned that he would think that she stood him up. I exited the game without saving and then reloaded the game. Out of curiosity I deleted the restored car, and then had Frida try to call Caelum for a date again. This time she did leave after making the call.

They had a dream date, had their first kiss, and it turns out they have two bolts. I hate three bolt Sims and prefer strong two bolt couples. The plan is now to have Frida marry Caelum. I'm also considering making a CAS Young Adult Sim and putting him into Agnes' dorm when she goes to college.

The last play through I had forgotten to mention that Victor reached his LTW of being Hand of Poseidon. Gretle's LTW was originally to Marry Off 6 Children, but I said no way to that. I re-rolled her LTW and she rolled the want to get to the top of the Education career. Her promotions stalled out at level 4 because of lack of cleaning skill. I had her study cleaning this playthrough to try to advance in her job. They both are big on getting badges. First was the Flower arranging, then pottery, then toy making. They both have a gold Flower Arranging badge, Gold Pottery badges, and Victor has a gold Toy Making Badge.

Frida got to the top of the Teen music career and got the Overachiever scholarship, logic scholarship and creativity scholarship. She's now 11 days to adult, and now is when I start to consider when to send them to college. Gunther became a teen. I'm planning to have him go on a date with Cornelia the next playthough. Victor is rolling scholarship wants for both of them.

Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom both wanted to plant a garden, so I created a medium size garden plot for them. They have tomatoes, strawberries, and a cucumber. The apple tree is driving me crazy because no matter what I have Simon do, it always says sickly. Prudence did get to the top of the Education career. Simon's days off have prevented him from getting to the top of the Science career, but I think that will happen the next play through. I had a "Oh Crap" moment when Simon was spraying the garden in the rain when lightning set the telescope on fire. The telescope is fairly close to the garden, and I was scared that the fire would spread and possibly set Simon on fire. The rain put the fire out a little later, and Simon was thankfully fine. I really didn't want him to die. He has a Silver Gardening badge now.

Agnes got to the top of the teen music career. She got the Overachiever scholarship, and creativity scholarship. She is 11 days to adult, and as I said before, this is when I start considering when to send them to college. Caelum is 12 days from adult. He doesn't have any kind of job, he just has the A+ scholarship. Cornelia became a teen. Simon is rolling scholarship wants for all three, and Prudence is rolling scholarship wants for Agnes and Cornelia.
Mad Poster
#2648 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:17 PM
Yay for getting my game back!

Today I was in downtown, the first house in this subhood rotation is the Capp-Tricou's. Juliette gave birth to her sixth and Seventh children, Paris (girl, I know Paris is male in the play) and Escalus. She now wants ten children, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not. She's got enough time to make it happen, but my Sims tend to decide for themselves when to have babies. Plus, I'd rather focus more on the lives of her children now that her eldest, Philip is about to enter university.

Over in the Freshe family, Tom found a magic lamp and the family suddenly came into a lot of wealth. They previously had around $13,000 and have quickly jumped up to over $67,000. Next rotation, once the twins are children, I'll be moving them into a bigger house! Emily (Lee) is wife is happy that she chose Tom, after previously considering divorce and marrying Erik Swain instead.

Jessie Pilferson and long-term boyfriend Gordon King broke up on their son's 5th birthday. Danny actually grew up pretty cute after being a horrifically ugly toddler. Jessie's daughter Tara just autonomously kissed Frances J. Worthington III. He's married, but he's quite prone to cheating. Maybe he can get her out of this mess they call a family?

Next I found my way to Sim State uni. We have 5 freshmen starting! They're the first of my born in game Sims! I'm so excited! But we'll get to them in a little bit... First the Greek houses.
Iota Epsilon Mu was fairly dull. I only have 2 Sims in it: President of the sorority, Ariel Capp and know-it-all Pauline Aspir. Ariel has to maintain her 4.0 GPA if she wants to maintain her rank as the Heiress of the Capp family. She's doing pretty well so far. There's a lot of pressure on her to hurry up and have a daughter though, otherwise the next heiress would be half-Monty thankfully in her second semester she gave birth to Celia Capp, the next Heiress of the Capp family. That made uni life quite a bit harder though. Thankfully Celia was sent to live with her maternal grandparents.

The Delta Psi Gamma house is also wildly empty. Consisting of only one member - Garrett Newson. He was pretty boring, but things are going to be shuck up a little when new Sims join the house. So I won't talk about that house, moving on to the Kappa Tau Rho fraternity. Tommy Ottomas is having a bit of a melt down following him being put on academic probation in his first year. He now cries all the time and wants his ex-girlfriends to go to university. I've been trying to get him to spend time with his son, Reece. But he's pretty uninterested. He was way more interested in throwing a huge toga party.

The other two Greek houses were fairly boring too. I've not had many new freshmen lately. Which brings us to the last thing to do on my rotation: sort the Freshers! First we had Saturnius Capp (Regan & Cornwall's eldest son), he studies literature and got accepted into Alpha Nu Chi, the most prestigious fraternity. Next is Ayisha Worthington (The Ramaswarmi oldest daughter who married Frances J.) studying philosophy and joined Rho Theta Pi, originally a bit of a questionable sorority but President Etsu Cho has been really improving the reputation. Then Emma Picaso, the oldest of the Picaso children, studying economics and joined Iota Epsilon Mu. Her boyfriend, Fetusoid Curious (unborn baby Curious) who decided to surprise everyone by studying literature, and has just joined Delta Psi Gamma. Then Maida Patel (Unborn baby Patel) the political science major, also joining Iota Epsilon Mu with Emma.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2649 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 7:14 PM
Candy gave birth to a baby boy, Corey, and packed up herself and moved downtown to pursue a career in Entertainment. She has no interest in the Manns, but did unbend enough to invite Junior to Corey's birthday. She has a nanny who comes when she's at work. (Her other baby-daddy's name is Jess, not Phil. One of those ever-changing townies--he's originally one of the Strangetown bunch, I think.) Another son, this one named Casey. Candy hopes her little family is complete. Her two-room apartment is jam-packed with two now-toddlers. Her career is going well. She could probably afford to move to a bigger apartment, but she loves the business of this complex: there's always a pick-up basketball game by the front steps, or a chess death-match, or both. (Also Goopy and Abijeet both live there, and they're hot! LTW 20 woohoo) But it's not really kid-friendly. She needs to find a bustling apartment building downtown that's kid-friendly. But she'll sure miss her neighbors when she moves. She can just fit two toddler beds in next to her own bed, which is only a single, so she can only put moving off until Corey grows up. Her boys are totally opposite personalities, and they're just amazing, and living downtown is amazing, and the boys are going to have so many opportunities as they get older, and all she really wants from Junior is child support but she knows he wants weekends with Corey . . . so she'll miss her boy when he spends time at his dad's, but downtown is much better than Widespot.

Rhett Hart loves Strangetown. He loves living in the Barracks. His new best friend, Komei, taught him how to card shark. He's getting decent at pool, he's picking up new lovers (LTW 20 loves--he's got six and two more crushes). Life is awesome. Chloe Curious is available whenever, Sandy Bruty lives upstairs, he's got a thing with the mail girl and one with the bar tender, Bellla Goth calls him sometimes! and Irma, who got knocked up, there's always someone available all hours of the day and night. He's not looking forward to child support payments . . . but at least he hasn't got to pay Sandy Beech! Honestly, he hasn't even thought about the Widespot ladies since moving. He's a LT now, he's moving up the ranks, he loves being in the military and doesn't even mind the early mornings--though he did have to learn to quit playing poker before two-am! Midnight is his bedtime now.

Stella Chesterson, previously Roth, had only $3000 after divorce, so moved into the same building as Candy. She's a single gal, no kids, now, so she rented a single room. She got it all nice . . . as nice as she could for $3000, anyway, and then discovered that not only had her fling with Ronnie (downtownie) resulted in a divorce triggering a clause in her pre-nup that kept her from having custody or funds, but he'd also left her pregnant. She wants nothing to do with Morty, Sandra, or Xander, and she wants nothing to do with Ronnie. She wants to paint and work her Journalism career, and travel.
Stella didn't mind being married to a State Department guy, or having kids, not really. She liked living in exotic places, hosting diplomatic parties, and she never objected to kissing the kids goodnight before their nanny whisked them off to bed. She has no clue why Morty was posted to Riverblossom, there is nothing there (as far as she knows) to merit him being there. He views it as a promotion, she wonders how he trashed his career so thoroughly. (I think he's ambassador to the plantsims? But as their existence is not widely admitted to . . .) She tried to talk him into looking for a business job-there must be someone, someplace, that would hire him as a lobbiest--and Riverblossom is NOT someplace.
So she's living alone for the first time in her adult life. She figures when Sandra grows up, she'll look to reconnect. She'll have much more in common with her daughter then. She should reach out to her niece, Roxie, make sure she's not marrying some guy who's going to drag her off to the back end of nowhere. She's kept in contact with Cleo and Patricia from Riverblossom, who see Sandra around town and think she's doing okay-ish, but they say Sandra's going by her middle name, Justine, now, and that seems like a weird bit of teenage rebellion to Stella.
Stella gave birth to a little boy, whom she named James after her father, and when she held the baby in her arms and looked at him, she felt tired. She doesn't want to raise a kid. She doesn't know or want to know how her neighbor Candy does it, let alone how Candy looks so darned happy about it. Candy's trash, anyway. Maybe she'd have felt something if it weren't a boy? But Stella just can't. And she knows Jason Larson--one of the brother-sister twins who runs the SimCity Orphanage, is a good guy--he wouldn't have an affair with her, after all! Which was smart of him, really. Jason will make sure someone who wants a baby gets James.
So Stella put the baby up for adoption, didn't mention to her two Riverblossom contacts that she was expecting, and it's not like Sandra will miss a brother she didn't know existed. Or Xander. They don't call Stella and she doesn't call them: Sandra will call when she grows up, Stella is sure. She needs to focus on her career--she got demoted while she was pregnant--and on her painting hobby--she's starting to actually sell a bit--and on finding a better apartment building. Someplace where it isn't a raucous party outside all the time. Someplace sophisticated, like Stella.

(Okay, so Stella is playing like an absolute sociopath. It's all about Stella, without any thought for anyone else. She's not rolling any wants for family, she'll roll a want to befriend, then best friend, and then never any more wants for the sim at all. If it weren't for the have # best friend wants, she wouldn't be keeping in touch with Cleo and Patricia. She's . . . certainly different, for a pop sim!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#2650 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 4:31 PM Last edited by DezzyBoo : 20th Dec 2017 at 2:39 AM.
Grandchild of Jenny Smith, Piscus; a PlantSim, moved into his new home in Sedona with his zombie wife Brenda.

The house had an extra bedroom with adorable horsey wallpaper and Brenda teared up knowing she could never give birth. She had adopted Piscus' PlantBaby but it just wasn't the same. Especially since the toddler became an adult. She wanted a real baby...

So Piscus used his aspiration points to buy her a de zombiefication potion.

She took it and gasped as real breath entered her.

As if on cue, without any control from me, ACR made them try for baby.

So that tells me even though she's grilled cheese aspiration, she wanted a baby. So I made the right choice. She's pregnant now after I made them try again.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Page 106 of 349