Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:00 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 3rd May 2018 at 11:10 PM.
Default "Tab" vs "F10"
which keyboard shortcut do you use?

me; F10 when taking pictures, Tab to explore neighborhood/sub-neighborhood (in neighborhood view).

edit::
for those who do not know, Tab is the shortcut for cameraman mode and F10 is the shortcut to hide the control panel.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:03 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd May 2018 at 11:45 PM.
I use the TAB button for the camera man mode. Had to look up the F10, and it might come in handy. I've been playing TS2 for 12 years now, and there's still something new to learn, apparently...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:11 PM
edited first post.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:15 PM
I use Tab.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#5 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:29 PM
For as long as I've used GunMod's Camera mod, I've been playing with Tab more than F10. Although these new configurations cannot allow the camera to go lower than an adult Sim's head level, it opens up to how Tab can be used more freely. Also, the camera isn't as slippery as originally, which allows me to take some really nice, personal shots of my Sims. I only use F10 whenever I want to clear the HUD temporarily.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Link Ninja
#6 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:48 PM
Tab for sure. just because I can play with camera angles and the like in that mode rather than just removing the UI.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:08 AM
I don't think I've ever use F10 or even if I knew about it. I see no point to it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't think I've ever use F10 or even if I knew about it. I see no point to it.

I never used F10 either, but if it just hides the control panel, but lets you *play* normally, then it might be useful in fact.
I always used Tab, and mostly to take better screenshots. Playing with Tab on is quite impossible if you want to click here and there etc. This is why i think, F10 would be great. I'll try eventually, so thanks mdsb759!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:42 AM
Tab for camera mode and F10 for taking the pics (with Fraps).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:50 AM
I use both, but I use tab more often than F10. They are different so they're both useful. I use tab more for taking pictures, including zooming in for close-ups. I use F10 more just to see what's going on behind the GUI. I don't have a camera mod -- maybe that makes a difference to the way they work.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th May 2018 at 4:15 AM
I also use both - since I take all my pics with Windows (Alt+PrintScreen) - F10 is perfect around 90% of the time. Tab comes in handy if I want to improve the angle (especially big lots).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th May 2018 at 4:30 AM
I use F10 sometimes when I need more fine control over the camera. Or when the free camera glitches out and goes underground. There's one downtown lot where it does that with the camera mod I use.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#13 Old 4th May 2018 at 2:56 PM
I use tab, but that’s just because I forgot f10 existed.
just a girl
#14 Old 4th May 2018 at 3:57 PM
F10 can be useful for screenshots when you need the camera to be perfectly steady while you change things around.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th May 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

You definitely know about it because you have seen me use it a gazillion times in livesimming.

F5 then F10 then F9. I say it all the time.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Mad Poster
#16 Old 4th May 2018 at 9:05 PM
I mostly use the tab key because, with a little practice, it can be positioned very precisely. Trees and stairs don't fade out with the tab key either. (I think there is at least one mod that disables the fade-out for the normal camera, but I prefer to use the tab key if that's going to be a problem.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJessaChannel
You definitely know about it because you have seen me use it a gazillion times in livesimming.

F5 then F10 then F9. I say it all the time.

@TheJessaChannel This is my memory, and it ain't worth a hill of beans. I remember what I do, not what I am told most times. For photos I press Tab and use Fraps which is 9.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th May 2018 at 11:59 PM
Tab. I found out about F10 by accident when while using FRAPS. I kept hitting the wrong button!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.