Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:36 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:18 AM.
Default "No Protest" mod?
Although I like the idea of my Sims having the free will to go elsewhere in the community, I absolutely hate the Join Protest action.

It seems that if I turn my back for a second, the mother in my active household is back at city hall protesting something! I wish I knew Simlish so I can figure out just what the hell is so important that they feel the need to whine about it night and day

Is there a way to turn off auto-protesting without turning off freewill altogether?

Or, is this even feasible at the moment?

I mean, I'd really rather have my mom at home doing housework like a good little wife should do ;D None of that free opinion silliness!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
I wish I knew Simlish so I can figure out just what the hell is so important that they feel the need to whine about it night and day !

Take a look at the protest sign. The graphic should tell you everything you need to know. :P
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:17 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:45 AM.
Okay, I tinkered around with sim3pe and I edited the autonomous city hall file...script..thing. All I did was turn the autonomy to false...is this the correct way to do it or was I supposed to set the ActiveSim autonomy to false?

Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:17 AM
I have never had any protest in my game. I wonder why that is? Is there something that triggers it?

Check out my Gaming Site!
http://www.petreak.com/
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petreak
I have never had any protest in my game. I wonder why that is? Is there something that triggers it?

idk. I think it's something the game generates at random.

Eminence Grise
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:20 AM
yeah, I haven't either, and I've played a lot of different families.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:31 PM
hello all,

Daluved maybe the solution :

Resource name : CityHall_0xf4ba6fb4d11e7d47 from the GamaplayData.package

At the beginning :

<kProtestDuration value="8">
<!--How long in Sim hours the protest will last-->
</kProtestDuration>
<kProtesterLimit value="7">
<!--Max number of sims that can protest-->
</kProtesterLimit>

At the end :

<kDaysCanProtest value="Sunday, Saturday">
<!--Range: Days of the week. Description: Days of the week a protest can happen.-->
</kDaysCanProtest>
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:31 PM
I used AutonomouslyGoToCityHall resources and I changed what's in bold:

<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="True" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />

This has worked, however, it's stopped all protest in the game. I still want the other citizens to protest, I just don't want my active household protesting unless I tell them too. So now I'm thinking I should flick DisallowAutonomous back to "False" and turn DisallowPlayerSim to "True"

Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:34 PM
Interesting, I have played for many hours and a few families's epic life, but never seen any protests.. Now I want to see! :D
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:49 PM
They happen at the City Hall on various days. But, usually only the more political and/or outspoken sims join in autonomously...I think..

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
I used AutonomouslyGoToCityHall resources and I changed what's in bold:

<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="True" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />

This has worked, however, it's stopped all protest in the game. I still want the other citizens to protest, I just don't want my active household protesting unless I tell them too. So now I'm thinking I should flick DisallowAutonomous back to "False" and turn DisallowPlayerSim to "True"
DisallowPlayerSim to "True" should do it.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 9:24 AM
Ah...I knew it..

FIRE UP S3PE!