Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 4:02 AM
Default "Netflix" mod ideas
I was thinking it would be interesting to have something like Netflix - "Simsflix," maybe? - to put on TVs, phone, etc. It could be added as a service that you order on the phone, and then you can maybe "watch one episode" or "binge watch" something on the TV.

My question is ... is there a way to make Sims watch TV for a certain period of time? For example, 30 or 40 Sim minutes for a single episode, several hours for binge watching, etc. 2 hours for a movie, maybe.

It would be nice if the interaction queue that comes up when you watch a movie at the Theater, for example, came up. Perhaps I could find/use that code, and make an interaction that would apply the same idea to the TV?

Just an idea, but I think it would be really neat!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 1:20 PM
Considering your modding experience, it's definitely feasible! Look into the watch TV interaction code using a code decompiler, and then inherit a new interaction from that, adding an input box that allows the user to choose the duration of watching, and then add a timer, that when it ends, the interaction is dropped.

Good luck!
But I don't quite understand the part with the "theater" thingy. Supposedly, this has nothing to do with it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Considering your modding experience, it's definitely feasible! Look into the watch TV interaction code using a code decompiler, and then inherit a new interaction from that, adding an input box that allows the user to choose the duration of watching, and then add a timer, that when it ends, the interaction is dropped.

Good luck!
But I don't quite understand the part with the "theater" thingy. Supposedly, this has nothing to do with it.

I didn't realize there could be timers. The theater thing was just a suggestion, that I could maybe call that function, but have it work on a TV instead of the theater rabbit hole.

Adding an input box would be new to me! Guess I should search for that.
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:39 AM
Look in the tutorial section, the Adding Pie Menu Interaction one has the inputbox example, Buzzler's Pure Script one has the usage on alarms aka timers. Personally I ain't very interested in this so I didn't bother reading the code, but basically that's what comes to my mind if you want to implement the idea )