Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 6:16 AM
Default hi i need help with my files
hi i just got a new laptop because my other one stopped working is there a way to get my mods and saved families back? im trying to through onedrive but its sending me to a shortcut how do i actually open the file to where it shows all my saved files?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:18 AM
1. did you back up to onedrive in the cloud or on your computer? If your go to onedrive.live.com, and you login, everything it backed up should be there. If your only backup was the laptop that is now not working, you may have a problem. Have you tried a REFRESH of your computer? (you can try and clean your computer but it won't delete your files like a RESET will) or is it hardware that has made it unusable?

2. The other option for you to recover things is if you UPLOADED any of your tray files to the gallery, buttttttttt it sounds like you didn't.

3. In the future, you can use onedrive, google drive or dropbox (I use all three because I am insane about backing stuff up) and, as long as you have an internet connection, you will have backups, but there are size liimitations unless you are a business user (of dropbox - I have a terabyte.)