Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 3:54 PM
Default Sims 4 CC making my Sims glitch!
Hello, I'm new and really nervous that I might not be following the rules but I've read them and I'm pretty sure I'm not. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, I've googled a solution to my answer and can't find anything so either it's really easy to fix or no one else is experiencing this!

When I use CC in my game (I don't have any mods.. just CAS items) it makes my Sims' arms go really glitchy if it's a top (like their arms go through their legs or their elbows stick right out behind them when sat at a table), or sometimes if it's a top it can make their waist go jagged. If it's jeans, it makes their ankles connect together when they're walking? It's only with certain items though!

I've removed all my CC and have found that it is the items that are causing it - when they're removed the issue doesn't happen. I've also downloaded Sims4Studio and done a batch fix (?) which hasn't made a difference. I really like these CC objects and would love to use them!

Can anyone help? Please?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:02 PM
These are some screenshots of the glitch I'm talking about.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:04 PM
what specific mods are you having difficulty with? maybe someone else could test them as well. That problem would happen in sims 3 with corrupt files, or clothes that were enabled for ages that weren't supposed to wear them, and maybe the clothes are enabled for all age groups in your game (idk, but I could take a look).

Maybe there are LOD issues with the ones in the first pic?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
what specific mods are you having difficulty with? maybe someone else could test them as well. That problem would happen in sims 3 with corrupt files, or clothes that were enabled for ages that weren't supposed to wear them, and maybe the clothes are enabled for all age groups in your game (idk, but I could take a look).

One of the items in particular is the Savage Sims MILF jeans and the shorts.. another is the grimcookies frilly top and the Simpliacity Avery top to name a few!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Maybe there are LOD issues with the ones in the first pic?

What are LOD issues? I'm so not technical.. sorry!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:45 AM
LOD is the Level of Detail. I am not sure either (I am new to modding) but, it can cause issues like that.

can you upload those files for me to take a look? or do you have sims 4 studio to run batch fixes and take a look at the tags for each one? I don't use those creators mods but I can look at them and **maybe** fix them for you. I won't keep the files, just re-upload them back to you, then delete.
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:45 PM Last edited by FzzyDg8 : 15th Feb 2019 at 7:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by rachaelamyy
One of the items in particular is the Savage Sims MILF jeans and the shorts.. another is the grimcookies frilly top and the Simpliacity Avery top to name a few!

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not, but I'm also having problems with items by the creators that you've listed plus other creators as well. Many, if not all of the files I've been using in my game for years. I've done batch fixes till I'm blue in the face. I've also reinstalled the content thinking they may have been corrupted but still get the same result; the game won't load with them. So far, I have about 400 files, and counting, that are not loading. I've removed my mods and the game runs smoothly and then put the mods back in minus the clothing, hair, makeup and objects resulting in a smooth running game. What I am finding is that most recolors or edits; not all but most of them, are causing my problem. And, unfortunately, if the content does load today, it might not load tomorrow. So testing CAS content starts all over again (rinse and repeat). Could this be yours as well?