Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Aldakoopa : 28th Jan 2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets
Default I need help avoiding 'puddingface' using NRaas SP
I just started up a game, I'm using Nraas' story progression on all default settings, and most of the NPCs generated to populate the town and fill jobs look exactly the same in the face. I have a wide variety of people in my household bin, and I have read this thread on how to set the story progression to use them: http://modthesims.info/t/546730

The trouble is, I'm not seeing those options it refers to. I tried downloading the Story Progression: Population module thinking maybe it would include the options, but it didn't change anything. So, when I go to NRaas > Story Progression > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration, I only have two options, Replace NPC Sims with Immigrants and Replace Service Sims with Immigrants. Both are set to false, and when I set them to true, one new option comes out that allows me to select the gender of those sims, but nothing else. I don't see anything regarding Bin or Random offspring. Have the options been moved to another category? Or do I need a different module? I'm so confused and would appreciate some help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 6:18 AM
The arriving inactive residents in town are governed by SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration. In this case, the Immigration Gauge must be set to >0 to open up all of the options settings.

The other menu, SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration governs NPC Roommates and Service Sims, not NPCs generally.

Role Sims' genetics will depend upon whether newly spawned sims or residents are used to fill the assignment slots, which is best controlled using the Register mod. Some sims, such as homeless co-workers and street performers, are not reachable by either means and are always going to be EA-spawns.

Does that help point you back in the right direction at all?
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 1:52 PM
One hack that I do to quickly combat the EA drone spawns is to click on them with MC, then I think Advanced> Play with genetics. I choose any 2 random sims who have none-default looks and mix the crap out of the new sim's facial features.
I know it's not what you asked about - but that's one option to consider.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The arriving inactive residents in town are governed by SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration. In this case, the Immigration Gauge must be set to >0 to open up all of the options settings.

The other menu, SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration governs NPC Roommates and Service Sims, not NPCs generally.

Role Sims' genetics will depend upon whether newly spawned sims or residents are used to fill the assignment slots, which is best controlled using the Register mod. Some sims, such as homeless co-workers and street performers, are not reachable by either means and are always going to be EA-spawns.

Does that help point you back in the right direction at all?

When I go to SP > General Options > Options:Lots, it gives me two choices: Show menu interactions True/False, and Stories, which takes me to the submenu to change which stories appear I guess. I have it set to none because they annoy me. There's no Options:Immigration/Emigration or Immigration Gauge.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 8:06 PM
Ah. That would be the case if you do not have SP's progression actually running and is likely why you were only seeing a partial menu on the Options:Sims side as well. You cannot use SP to manage immigration and genetics if SP's progression is not active.

Check NRaas > SP > General Options > Enable Progression > (should be True).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Ah. That would be the case if you do not have SP's progression actually running and is likely why you were only seeing a partial menu on the Options:Sims side as well. You cannot use SP to manage immigration and genetics if SP's progression is not active.

Check NRaas > SP > General Options > Enable Progression > (should be True).

That was it. I had turned it off recently.

Thanks for the help!