Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 905 (Who?), Viewed: 82199 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 37 of 37
Instructor
#901 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 11:44 PM
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! MY BREAKERS MANSION HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!! I worked so long and hard on that house! I'm so Happy!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#902 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 20th Mar 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorMan23
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! MY BREAKERS MANSION HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!! I worked so long and hard on that house! I'm so Happy!

Yay! Any plans for your next big project?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Restoration yes lol. I probably think of 1800 as fairly new actually ... or something

Today I happened across the story of Arundells House, a 13th century house that was restored in 1609, so it's a nice example of a genuinely historic restoration. That being said, we can't judge the quality of the restoration because in 1719 someone came along and undid it all by giving it a makeover in the more fashionable Queen Anne style.

My Jacobean mansion is nearing completion now as I've finished the servants rooms and the gallery. I just need to add the finishing touches to the kitchen and a couple of rooms elsewhere in the house.

EDIT: And then I've also been working on another lot which I'm intending on making some kind of abandoned rural Italianate-style mansion/farmhouse. The theme/concept I have in mind is 'palace on the plains', so I'm taking inspiration from the many numerous abandoned houses found scattered across the great plains and the mid-west to some extent too.
Screenshots
Instructor
#903 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:54 AM
@Fergus' Mind yes i have! i started the Tudor i'm redoing! and another mansion from the Gilded Age but its my interpretation Within in the sims

C.T.HOLKO88
dodgy builder
#904 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:12 PM
TudorMan23: How very nice for you! Can I just come with a suggestion for your next build? All facades needs a bit of fun, you can add that by having different colors on the different bits and piezes, like the fences could have a slightly different color. Perhaps just a cold one instead. That color you have chosen can soon be very heavy

Fergie: The Arundells house looks really lovely. On your house I would have worked a bit on the color combination. Awesims friezes would have been lovely on that house, but I guess you're doing noCC? I must admit I hate those ts3 windows for most things, but that's just my opinion.

I have done a house in 4 hours in ts4 with no CC. I have tested it and have to make the upload for it. I don't think I can make a video of this one on this comp at the moment, because the sound is so strange. I wonder if I should take my old monitor back instead. At least it had better sound.

I have to send my computer for a repair as soon as the plastic I ordered comes. I'm planning to buy a soundcard for it, but as it sometimes has a screaming issue with sound, so I just have to fix that first.
Screenshots
Theorist
#905 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:35 PM
I don't know what TS is trying to tell me.

Screenshots

Going BAMBAMBAMBAM #ExtremeMusic#HashtagsRstupid
#906 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:12 AM
@Volvenom I wanted to make the house look as authentic as possible! If i was not trying to copy an historic house then i would have

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 37 of 37