Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1076 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 5:31 PM
I have a question. In the 2.5 teaser pdf on page 93, tables 62 and 63 list "aspiration match" as a potential point gain or deduction...what exactly does "aspiration match" mean? I've read this section over several times and I can't find anything that explains how to calculate this?? Any help?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1077 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RayeNation
I have a question. In the 2.5 teaser pdf on page 93, tables 62 and 63 list "aspiration match" as a potential point gain or deduction...what exactly does "aspiration match" mean? I've read this section over several times and I can't find anything that explains how to calculate this?? Any help?

I can't find anything either, but my best guess is that if the aspiration of the behavior matches the sims aspiration, they get those points. For example if they're trying to decide if they should marry for love or not. That behavior is under the Family chart a few pages below. If the sim is a family sim then use those numbers to figure the odds, but if they aren't then ignore that column.

But yeah, that's just a best guess on my part.

Lauri
Instructor
#1078 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:37 PM
Well, I'm currently trying to play some more (though my game is way too advanced compared to my stories) and I came up with the idea that I should document my characters' lives. So I began by taking their photos
Those are some of my noble families

The Leinster family (you might recognize them as Alleken's brother and sister-in-law, Albrecht and Agnes). The children are Jane, Anne-Louise, Constance, Edward, Frances and little Eleanor.

The Fairfax family
Angmar, Alyon and Edmund.

Leofrick, Blanche, Ashcroft and Roland.

The Royal family, the Lancasters. King Geoffrey, Prince Josef, Dowager Princess Mathilde and Crown Prince Philip.

The Beaufort family. Enndolynn, Louis-Philippe, Marie-Louise, Nicolas Henri and little Rebecca Warren (their cousin).

And of course, the Calvert family. Gregory, Alleken Marie, Francis, Rosaline, Lyonnete, Matilda, Sarah Webb and Charlotte.

I might come back later and elaborate
Test Subject
#1079 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:19 PM
In all the years I have played Warwickshire I never tried the challenge ^.^"

Has anyone succeeded in making it from Serf to King? In 10 generations even?

The fastes way from Serf to Lower Burgeoisie is the monastry... but that only works with the heir if the parents died which is against the "you shall not kill sims for convinience" and from there getting a position that elevates to Lower Gentry. Here at the least the lack of money is a huge problem since a titel-less broke Gentry can only use a royal/noble appointment to gain money... which takes forever and fiveteen days.

I'm working on a slow way right now, meaning that I take the class stations pretty much one at a time and buld money to see how long it takes. I planned a few things but there are many "only if"s... like going from Nobility to Royalty with a male heir (since an heiress marrying into the Royal Family wouldn't take the family name to the top

Any other ideas or experiences?
Lab Assistant
#1080 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvi-sama
In all the years I have played Warwickshire I never tried the challenge ^.^"

Has anyone succeeded in making it from Serf to King? In 10 generations even?

The fastes way from Serf to Lower Burgeoisie is the monastry... but that only works with the heir if the parents died which is against the "you shall not kill sims for convinience" and from there getting a position that elevates to Lower Gentry. Here at the least the lack of money is a huge problem since a titel-less broke Gentry can only use a royal/noble appointment to gain money... which takes forever and fiveteen days.

I'm working on a slow way right now, meaning that I take the class stations pretty much one at a time and buld money to see how long it takes. I planned a few things but there are many "only if"s... like going from Nobility to Royalty with a male heir (since an heiress marrying into the Royal Family wouldn't take the family name to the top

Any other ideas or experiences?

Actually, untitled gentry can get a job from the paper. And those tend to pay fairly well. Even at mid-levels.

Lauri
Instructor
#1081 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 4:26 PM
I've got an update! I have actually written this chapter quite a while ago (in May?) but I just mever got to publish it Well, here it is! Alleken is finally reunited with one of her daughters! I've also added an author's note at the end because I know how hard it can be to keep up with all the names, especially when I post new chapters so rarely.

Nostalgia
“The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.”

We arive at Riverswood late in the evening and we are met with the whole flurry of a country estate. Dogs barking, children running in the frozen mud and servants hurrying to see the catalyst of the entire commotion. Somewhere in the back of the estate, there's even the sound of sheep and through all the amusement, I can't help but wonder if Gregory too is reminded of growing up on his father's farm. It certainly awakens long forgotten memories to me.
Read more...
Test Subject
#1082 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 5:54 PM
I've got a question on illegitimate children:

I have a daughter of a baron who is an heiress. (If she had married and born children I'm assuming they could inherit both lands and title) However she was unmarried and had an affair (with another baron who was married, though no one knows for sure) and had twins, a boy and a girl. Am I reading right that there would be no way the boy could be considered for the title baron of Azure with his grandfathers title? (Yet if his married father adopted him and was the first born son, could he be the Baron of Wallburn?) Is either child allowed to inherit the land?

This is complicated by the fact the woman died in childbirth and was residing at her sisters. Her sister and her husband (The viscount of Dragona) are both radical evil, so I imagine if there is a way to take the land they will.) The midwyfe and some servants witnessed the birth. The woman was well loved and I figure soon there will be tales of the birth of the Bastard Baron Blue.

So now I'm deliberating if the kids stay at their uncles where they can be molded in his image or treated as servants, if they would ship them off to the orphanage, or if the father (also radical evil) might step in and legally adopt one or both as he currently has twin daughters but no sons, or just provide them and bide his time in case he NEEDS to adopt the boy.
Lab Assistant
#1083 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kstaron
I've got a question on illegitimate children:

I have a daughter of a baron who is an heiress. (If she had married and born children I'm assuming they could inherit both lands and title) However she was unmarried and had an affair (with another baron who was married, though no one knows for sure) and had twins, a boy and a girl. Am I reading right that there would be no way the boy could be considered for the title baron of Azure with his grandfathers title? (Yet if his married father adopted him and was the first born son, could he be the Baron of Wallburn?) Is either child allowed to inherit the land?

This is complicated by the fact the woman died in childbirth and was residing at her sisters. Her sister and her husband (The viscount of Dragona) are both radical evil, so I imagine if there is a way to take the land they will.) The midwyfe and some servants witnessed the birth. The woman was well loved and I figure soon there will be tales of the birth of the Bastard Baron Blue.

So now I'm deliberating if the kids stay at their uncles where they can be molded in his image or treated as servants, if they would ship them off to the orphanage, or if the father (also radical evil) might step in and legally adopt one or both as he currently has twin daughters but no sons, or just provide them and bide his time in case he NEEDS to adopt the boy.

All of these sound like awesome ideas. Also depending on how well connected the uncle or father is with their own feudal lords, they might use some royalty points to get what they want. I can easily see them fighting over the boy. Whatever happens, you've got story potential in spades right now!

Lauri
Test Subject
#1084 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 10:28 PM
I'm so glad to see this challenge is still active. Could I set it in modern day? I've lurked for quite a while and only now made an account. This is my first post
Lab Assistant
#1085 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dietcherrycoke_23
I'm so glad to see this challenge is still active. Could I set it in modern day? I've lurked for quite a while and only now made an account. This is my first post

If you want to, go ahead! It would be an interesting twist on it, for certain!
Test Subject
#1086 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 5:26 PM
Has anyone come up with a suitable way to tackle court cases or law and order in general? I have criminals that needs to be tried but that section of the challenge pdf was never finished and I’m not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions?
Instructor
#1087 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 11:28 PM
In light of recent events, I've come back to this challenge Right now I'm working on some character sheets to help me keep a record of everything and everyone. I might even publish those later. I've been playing this neighbourhood on and off for 7 years already and with my predisposition to take such lenghty breaks, I noticed that I tend to forget some details and ideas
Here's an example. You might remember Sarah from an old chapter back in 2013 (New Addition To The Family).

Sarah Webb
(Gregory Calvert & Maud Webb)

Disgraced

secretive, pleasant, witty, suave, rational, clever, observant, discreet, educated

Siblings
Rosaline Calvert-Leicester (m. Anselm Leicester; had issue), Lyonnete Calvert-Lancaster (m. Grand Duke Josef Lancaster; had issue), Matilda Thorne (m. Lúcás Thorne; had issue), Francis Calvert (m. Laurentia Fairfax-Calvert; had issue), Charlotte Calvert, Sedgewick Rolfe (m. Rinilda Rolfe; had issue), Caldwell Rolfe (d. infancy)

Issue
Arthur Thorne (formally the son of Matilda and Lúcás Thorne)

About
  • is the bastard daughter of Gregory Calvert and Maud Webb, who worked as a wetnurse for his children; her mother died giving birth to her
  • was adopted and raised along her father's legitimate children and has always been treated as their equal; get along very well with most of her siblings, especially her sisters, Matilda, Lyonnete and Rosaline
  • even as the bastard daughter of an important nobleman, she has never been fully accepted by polite society; in spite of that, she was educated in a convent together with her sisters and spent some time at the Court
  • after her three older sisters got married, her father started looking for a suitable spouse for her; he settled on a minor Knight who agreed to marry a nobleman's bastard in exchange for a substantial dowry
  • before her betrothal could be celebrated, she was seduced by Duke Aldous de Cordova who took advantage of her position; she gave birth in secret to a baby boy, Arthur, who was quickly passed off as her sister's son; the boy was adopted by Matilda and Lúcás Thorne and taken to be raised in their household along with the rest of their children
  • after falling into disgrace, she couldn't be betrothed anymore
  • some time later, she moved in a small residence where she began hosting gatherings for artists and philosophers
Test Subject
#1088 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 1:17 PM Last edited by dietcherrycoke_23 : 22nd Apr 2020 at 6:04 PM.
I restarted this challenge yesterday! I rolled several teens, so the heir to the throne (Prince George Allencourt), his younger brother Henry, Lord Marcus Beauclerk (heir to the dukedom of Olithia, his sister Lady Catherine, and Lady Celeste Astley are all off at college together. To get educations, of course, but also to find a suitable bride for the heir to the throne!

Update: SCANDAL! Prince George would like to announce the end of his engagement to Lady Catherine Beauclerk. He would also like to announce his engagement to Rosemarie Jitmasukol, Catherine's roommate--with no noble blood at all! . There are murmurs among the upper class that a Crown Prince would dump a lady of the realm for some grace-and-favor nobody! On a happier note, Prince Henry would like to announce his engagement to the very same Catherine--looks like she'll get her princess crown after all! Lord Marcus Beauclerk would also like to announce his engagemen to Lady Celeste Astley.

King Philip and Queen Estelle. I'm trying to decide if I should write a story or not :-/

Test Subject
#1089 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 7:56 PM
Deleted the kingdom lol
Test Subject
#1090 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 4:16 AM
Hey all! I know the thread hasn't been very active, but I just want to say how much I adore this challenge.

I've been lurking about for years but never posted anything...but my old kingdom crashed and I restarted, so I figured now is a time as good as any (and I've learned the importance of creating backups... )

I'm about halfway through Round 1 right now, which for me is mostly setup of the rules and my self-sustaining economy. Does anyone have suggestions for how to move money when Maxis steals it away? For example, with a Tailor, if Maxis takes $40 from the sewing machine for a potholder automatically, but that money (or more) should technically be going to a shepard who supplied wool, what do you do? I currently have an NPC hold a ton of money and then transfer it appropriately (my tailor pays Maxis the $40, then I go into my NPC lot and have them send $40 to the shepard.) but if anyone has a better way, I'd love to hear it! Also, shoutout to Abhijeet Deppiesse, who is easily the richest NPC in any game I've played. XD

Even this early in the game my sims have started taking on stories of their own. I usually have stories I plan around 1 or 2 members of a household at a time: I find I can only deal with so many at once, what with Sims and their absurd need to go to the bathroom every three seconds. But I keep getting surprise contenders coming up out of the woodwork. I have this child in my Innkeeper's family: he has poor health so I essentially leave him to do his own thing in the family rooms while the others work downstairs, and sometimes cheat his energy down so he has to sleep more often. One day I'm scrolling around randomly, and I click on his skill panel. In 2 Sim days he had 8 CREATIVITY POINTS??!! All my other sims do is slack off and play poker, so I watch this kid like a hawk, and it turns out that every day he's been rolling the want to play piano, and then practicing from the time he wakes up to the time his exhaustion kicks in. The Royal Musician appointment is only for Gentry and up, plus he's very sick, so he wouldn't be able to apply. But I want to give this kid some kind of chance to reach his dream-I've never had a sim be so dedicated. So I decided that if by some miracle he can max creativity, charisma and the music & dance hobby, he might be allowed to apply. But, only if he can befriend the Duke, who is a radical neutral popularity sim and who loves people who are 'interesting'. (He's a very genial guy, but a woman once won her court case with him because he liked her slightly more than the accuser). I think the Duke would love this child prodigy, and that instating him in Court would stir the pot a bit. Of course, the Duke can't do it alone, so after befriending the Duke, the kid has to get in the good graces of the Princess (currently ruling with her husband until the Monarch comes of age), who might give him the appointment. Of course, he has to do all this with poor health, a few meager royal favor points and little access to the outside world except for those who come to the inn (which the Duke does sometimes, he's a partier.) It's a really long shot, especially since I haven't started implementing changing class stations yet (I want at least one round of stability before everyone starts ladder-climbing.), but man, I want this kid to succeed.

This challenge is so much fun, thank you for sharing it with us!
Test Subject
#1091 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:23 PM Last edited by khagen : 11th Nov 2020 at 5:43 PM.
I have a question for those who have tried out this challenge. I love the idea of the health score, but obviously, this is something you calculate outside of the game. Things like illnesses, which are built into the game, don't take this into account. So while in the real world, someone in poor health might be more likely to catch an illness and die, there's nothing stopping the game from potentially striking down a sim in superior health. How do you reconcile that? Do you just consider it a plague and let it happen? Or do you cheat to cure sims in superior health if they get sick?
Mad Poster
#1092 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:16 AM
I have mine where it would depend on what background the settlers in mine came from since mine would be a colony in the New World in the 16th century just about the time the Europeans were ending the war against the Turks who'd invaded years earlier.They'd be heading over to colonize the new world after a volcano erupted and turned the European weather patterns upside down causing crop failures and famine.Sims from the porrest backgrounds might have it a little harder with health than wealthier ones because poor sims couldn't eat as well as richer sims.
I'm locating mine in what would one day be Riverview City in the Warwick County,Massachusetts in modern times only they're starting the settlement in 1520 in the spring when their transport ship arrived.I've got a recently uploaded terrain for Riverview City and that can be the template for this.
Test Subject
#1093 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by khagen
I have a question for those who have tried out this challenge. I love the idea of the health score, but obviously, this is something you calculate outside of the game. Things like illnesses, which are built into the game, don't take this into account. So while in the real world, someone in poor health might be more likely to catch an illness and die, there's nothing stopping the game from potentially striking down a sim in superior health. How do you reconcile that? Do you just consider it a plague and let it happen? Or do you cheat to cure sims in superior health if they get sick?

I usually equate the in-game sickness to one of the illnesses in the challenge, e.g. flue is tertian ague, pneumonia is quartan ague. I roll for loss of health points for each day until I get the in-game notification that the Sim has recovered.

I believe there is also a reference in the section on poisoning for how to calculate loss of health from food poisoning.
Mad Poster
#1094 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 8:09 PM
I would use a Mod to reset a sim's health if they were supposed to be healthier because of their background and might even use it to trigger a death in a sim who refuses to die who was in very poor health and kept recovering from illness when they shouldn't be getting over it.I might also have babies be stillborn or die in infancy or as a toddler because of cot death or a sudden illness.Infant motality was very high in the 16th century and remained thay way almost unilt the 20th century.
Test Subject
#1095 Old 11th Oct 2022 at 6:55 PM
Hi. I am unable to access the newest version on google drive. (Like the holiday link with version 3.5). It asks for permission from the author. But my request stays unanswered. What am I missing? Help is highly appreciated. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#1096 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 7:30 AM
I'll look at what I do have and start to write up some new documents on this and work on some versions for both those playing Europeans still living in Euope and those who are colonizing in the New World like with my playthough which is to be playing in a new town I' building called Alpine Valley.
Page 44 of 44