Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM
Default 2018 Calendar!
It's up, the annual MTS calendar! Sim 2,3 and 4!

I think Gdayars needs some congratulating for her hard work on this, she has spent days trying to perfect the coding so please go give her some encouragement for all the hard work. We now have not only a calendar that changes days at midnight and changes pictures at 8am, but can now be synced to the Northern or the Southern hemispheres. There is also a base game version if you don't have Seasons so nobody is left out.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=606291

Sims 3 and 4 also have deco calendars.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=605884 by Hellfrozeover
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=606302 by justJones
These can be changed manually.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 11:13 AM
I love them! Well done you clever people.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:28 PM
Lovely work. Congratulations to all who made it in, and great job for the folks who all collaborated for this big project!

...But out of curiosity, assuming this picture is from the Sims 2 and not the Sims 4, where can I find the dress the Sim on the left is wearing? I loved it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:39 PM
@OpelSpeedster
aisquared gives the answer to your question in the calendar contest thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...12&postcount=34
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM
@OpelSpeedster That is Sims 3 actually! Sometimes with all the cc used it can be hard to tell.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:22 PM
@OpelSpeedster That has been converted to 2 I am almost positive. Perhaps do a search for 3 to 2 store conversions.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:04 PM
Alright, thanks for clarifying.

@gdayars I searched high and low, but couldn't find the conversion to Sims 2, unfortunately. Then again, search engines hate me, so it's possible that it's hiding around somewhere and the search engines being super strict didn't quite let me find it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Jan 2018 at 8:12 PM.
That two-tone outfit on the left? Definitely a conversion. I have variations of it, though perhaps not in the colors in the photo. I don't go on the game much now. It's not always a dress ... often, it's a top with a long tunic and leggings beneath.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
I mean, hey, it works. :b

D'ya remember where you found it? And is it for Everyday wear only?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:20 PM
I had to change my previous post. Apparently, I do have a dress version of it in my game. Not the same colors, though.

CAS has "Chic Long Term InVESTment Mel" on the outfits, so there's a clue. I did a WCIF ages ago looking for a variation of this, but good question where THAT WCIF is in the forum now.

More clues:http://digitalperversion.net/garden...99385#msg699385 (I believe that was the Photof*cketed picture.)

http://rented-space.tumblr.com/post...term-investment

I don't have the exact color combo in my game, but I use these outfits a whole lot; probably because I would wear a variation of this in real life!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM
The new calendar looks great, Congrats Gayars ( I didn't know the calendar was getting a complete overhaul)! What does it mean that the calendar "can now be synced to the Northern or the Southern hemispheres?" I'm a little confused about how this works in our game? I may be overthinking this or I'm totally clueless so I thought I'd ask.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:30 PM
Sync to Southern and the Christmas picture will show up in summer instead of in winter.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:35 PM
Yes, as Jo says, there are options on the calendar to sync it with either northern or southern, depending on which hemisphere you prefer your sims to live in. When testing it, I usually kept in in northern, because that's where I live, but I did switch it to southern a few times, which would make the picture change to the one for the southern equivalent of that day. Useful option for people in Australia, I wold think.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:44 PM
Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and South America. :D

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:17 AM Last edited by LilSister : 25th Jan 2018 at 2:28 AM.
Thank you Joandsarah77 and Rosawyn for clarity; that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. I have another question - my main neighborhood is Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter and my subhood is Spring/Summer/Summer/Fall would this calendar be able to work with my neighborhood set up or is my set up considered a quadrant set up? I also use Phaenoh's Summer Vacation and Winter's Day mod ... is anyone else using this calendar along with her mod?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:48 AM
I believe it should, I'll ask Gina.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#17 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:55 AM
It will match your seasons, so in the case of your main hood, it will do spring, summer, fall, and winter. and in your subhood, it will do spring, summer, summer, and fall pictures. however you can choose a different picture, and if there is a different holiday set, it should give you the holiday attached. Or I can send you a revised one with a quadrant set up. I intend on a toggle for that as well, as I had a few more improvements to do, but ran out of time frankly. I am also going to test a 7 day season length option as well.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:59 AM
Thank you, I accept your offer for the revised calendar with a quadrant set up. Thank you for offering the choice, I sincerely appreciate it.
Theorist
#19 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
It will match your seasons, so in the case of your main hood, it will do spring, summer, fall, and winter. and in your subhood, it will do spring, summer, summer, and fall pictures. however you can choose a different picture, and if there is a different holiday set, it should give you the holiday attached. Or I can send you a revised one with a quadrant set up. I intend on a toggle for that as well, as I had a few more improvements to do, but ran out of time frankly. I am also going to test a 7 day season length option as well.

I don't wanna add more work for ya or be greedy ... but what about the 10 day seasons?

I've never used any of the calendars before mostly because I didn't think they'd work for me as I use the 10 day season mod.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 11:30 PM
If I can get it to working for the 7 day, I will do the 10 day too. but those will probably be a separate calendar
Meet Me In My Next Life
#21 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:05 AM
@joandsarah77 Yes I downloaded the calendar just this pass Tuesday. I was jumping with joy, now my Sims can stop bugging me about a new 2018 Calendar lol. Thanks again gdayars
I am right now in the process of going to each Sims household to add the calendar, in my Custom Hood. Will do Pleasantview next.
Question Do Anyone Still Play Pleasantview?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:20 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Jan 2018 at 2:47 AM.
I have never bothered with pre-mades but I know a lot of people do Simonut, so I am sure Pleasantview is still going strong in many peoples games.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#23 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Question Do Anyone Still Play Pleasantview?
I follow several tumblrs that are about Pleasantview, and there's a current story in the MTS section that is set in that neighborhood.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:47 AM Last edited by gdayars : 26th Jan 2018 at 11:36 PM.
Step one done

Editing to add... I am testing a bit more, but I have the quadrant and seasons toggle working by all appearances, and it remembers your settings, so I will be uploading the updated version probably tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I will try and do the extended seasons ones after that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:06 PM
New version is up. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=606291

~Call me Jo~