Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#4126 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 2:55 AM
"Oh it's raining outside!"

My view was inside the house so I didn't realize it had been raining for hours in-game until I saw the lightning.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4127 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
"Oh it's raining outside!"

My view was inside the house so I didn't realize it had been raining for hours in-game until I saw the lightning.

I can get so engrossed in my game, that I don't notice that it's started to rain outside in Real Life.

------------------------- oooooooooooo -------------------------

"Fascinating, isn't it? It holds the roof up."

"It's so you can look out at the back garden."

Little Joey Hamble is showing a lot of interest in the downtown house he has just moved into with his teenage parents. I suppose it's really a sign of intelligence. I think I was a bit like that at his age. After all, the grown-up world really is fascinating.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4128 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 4:35 PM
How do teenage parents have a school age kid lol? They must have had him when they were about 8.
Top Secret Researcher
#4129 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 10:16 PM
My cousin got pregnant around 13 so she had a school aged kid by19 if that counts
Mad Poster
#4130 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 11:44 PM
I didn't say this during a sims game, but during the socialization before our weekly tabletop game one of our friends was talking about his Skyrim game and all the trouble he was having with it. It glitches a lot and apparently game consoles don't let you input cheat codes which just seems wrong to me? Anyway he said: "It's still a good game, though, even as glitchy as it is, and it's old, like, ten years old or so."

I said: "Ten years, huh? That's cute, said the Sims 2 player."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#4131 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I didn't say this during a sims game, but during the socialization before our weekly tabletop game one of our friends was talking about his Skyrim game and all the trouble he was having with it. It glitches a lot and apparently game consoles don't let you input cheat codes which just seems wrong to me? Anyway he said: "It's still a good game, though, even as glitchy as it is, and it's old, like, ten years old or so."

I said: "Ten years, huh? That's cute, said the Sims 2 player."

And in my case, The Sims 2 is among the newer games I play

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#4132 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How do teenage parents have a school age kid lol? They must have had him when they were about 8.

You definitely have a point. The relative ages of some parents and their children in my game has long been "interesting". I mean just how old was Gloria when she had Andrew? For much of my game she has been a professional sportswoman at her peak. Now professional sportspeople usually peak in their mid to late twenties. Which would suggest that she must have been a very young teenage mum, since she has a teenage son who is now clearly old enough to be married. Now I think the minimum age for marriage may be younger in Veronaville than 16, which it is in Scotland. Especially since that champion of young love, Juliette Capp, is head of state there. However Andrew told me himself that he was 18 when he married Julian, and Julian was 17.

I reckon you become a teen on your 13th birthday, and cease to be a teen on your 20th birthday. Now in the UK, school starts at 5 years of age, and many children, including myself, actually start while they're still four (though in my case I was only a month away from my 5th birthday). So, like Gcgb53191's cousin, it is certainly possible to have a child at 13, and have them start school before you reach 20. But I have to admit that Roxie and Ron Hamble look more like 15 than 19. However some people do look younger than the really are. In fact I reckon at 19 or 20 I myself could easily have passed for 14 or 15 if I'd wanted to. (My height never got past 5 foot 5 inches (165 cm) and my speaking voice was, and is, quite high pitched.) So maybe Ron and Roxie really are 18 or 19.

Now it certainly seems Gloria must indeed have been really young when she gave birth to Andrew, yet Andrew never stops telling us that as a mother she's sans pareil! So I'm sure teenage mothers can still be very good mothers. Roxie is trying very hard to live up to Gloria's standard, autonomously tucking Joey up in bed. Sadly Joey, unlike Andrew, is singularly failing to return his mum's love. Last night he refused a family kiss from her. She's thinking of buying a chess table so she can spend more quality time with him. Or even a dolls' house or a toy garage where they can play together.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4133 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 3:41 AM
Upon loading up a household to find a Sim juggling coffee cups in the kitchen: "It's three a.m. and you don't live here."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4134 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 6:19 PM
"That must be a major step down. At least your husband's mother unlocked showers."

I am very loosely playing (I follow the general premise, but not every single rule) an apocalypse challenge with Phaenoh's rule mods in. One of my founder's twins ended up marrying Monica Bradford from the La Fiesta Tech Sorority, and I was commenting how it must be a step down from the sorority house to a bare bones apocalypse house.
Theorist
#4135 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 5:02 PM
"Omg I'm a theorist now ???"

(wasn't said during me playing TS2 but rather surfing MTS)
Mad Poster
#4136 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Little Joey Hamble is showing a lot of interest in the downtown house he has just moved into with his teenage parents. I suppose it's really a sign of intelligence. I think I was a bit like that at his age. After all, the grown-up world really is fascinating.

Architect in the making
Forum Resident
#4137 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 9:56 PM
"Dammit, I need to kill an elder! I need to find someone to die!"

This is my current hood count and it's so close to being great:

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4138 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
"Dammit, I need to kill an elder! I need to find someone to die!

I said something similar recently when my sims were running out of houses
Page 166 of 166