Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6776 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 9:20 PM
Toddlers can't get into the bathroom to use the potty if someone else is using the bathroom. What parent tells their barely potty-trained toddler "No, you must wait until I'm out of the shower to use the potty!"

I like to keep the toddler potty in the bathroom for the realism and the convenience of emptying, but privacy rules applying equally to toddlers is annoying and unrealistic.
Advertisement
Inventor
#6777 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 3:29 AM
If it is a regular physical door, and not a mind reading one, how does it let a toddler in who can't even reach the door handle?
Forum Resident
#6778 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
If it is a regular physical door, and not a mind reading one, how does it let a toddler in who can't even reach the door handle?

Toddlers can open doors IRL
Inventor
#6779 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 6:26 AM
I accept. In my Outerwear mod, toddlers can now enter private bathrooms.
Mad Poster
#6780 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I like to keep the toddler potty in the bathroom for the realism and the convenience of emptying, but privacy rules applying equally to toddlers is annoying and unrealistic.

Ohgawdno! In TS2 I've always kept potties in the nursery. Toddlers are too distractable, so once they're done with the potty it takes 2 seconds and then you find them head-first inside the toilet or splashing in a puddle (usually one they created). And it's even worse if you've got more than one. I had a family with toddler triplets once, and my single memory of them is the picture of all three toddlers following a parent into the bathroom like a row of ducklings.

Also, while I like using decently large rooms, putting 2-4 potties with space enough for potty training does take up a lot of space in a bathroom.

So I'd much rather just keep the bathrooms inaccessible to the toddlers, or keep them distracted in the nursery as much as possible so they don't go doing other stuff.

(Potties in the bathroom works fine in TS4, though. They seem a bit less drawn to bathroom furniture...)
Mad Poster
#6781 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 8:13 AM
I prefer to put the potties in the bathrooms.

Over the years, the potties have been elsewhere often. In the nursery, of course, it is the 2nd choice. But also

in the kitchen, in the dining room, in the study, in the lounge, on the porch and

for one very poor family

in the tiny backyard.

(All of the toddlers have been potty trained successfully, no matter where the potty was )
Mad Poster
#6782 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn

All sim doors are mind reading ones. XD They let pets in too.
Mad Poster
#6783 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
All sim doors are mind reading ones. XD They let pets in too.

While I don't like those automatic doors, I wouldn't like dogs peeing in the house because they couldn't get out. And why don't Sim pets poop? Too much realism?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6784 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
While I don't like those automatic doors, I wouldn't like dogs peeing in the house because they couldn't get out. And why don't Sim pets poop? Too much realism?

Well, sims don't poop either. XD

You made me suddenly wonder ...

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=228531
https://www.simfansuk.com/wp/pet-do...-special-doors/
Mad Poster
#6785 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 5:30 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Mar 2024 at 8:34 PM.

They "advanced" to pooping in TS4. That poop is everywhere, especially in the neighborhood that came with the pet EP, and can spawn "trash plants" if you plant them or they're left alone long enough, which gives "trash fruit"

Honestly, I prefer the occasional puddles in TS2, at least if you train them to only go outside... (Edit: The pets, I mean, not the puddles - I don't think you can train puddles. Poodles, on the other hand... )
Theorist
#6786 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
poop is everywhere, especially in the neighborhood that came with the pet EP, and can spawn "trash plants" if you plant them or they're left alone long enough, which gives "trash fruit"
Still more realistic than the Dust Kit, where not cleaning generates dust, and that dust is alive and your buddy and helps you find roughly §2,000 a day hidden between couch cushions. And maybe sometimes a rare golden object worth over §10,000. You know, just stuff you have in your apartment lying around that you may have forgotten about...
https://youtu.be/IkhGQ-vEIVU
Mad Poster
#6787 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Still more realistic than the Dust Kit, where not cleaning generates dust, and that dust is alive and your buddy and helps you find roughly §2,000 a day hidden between couch cushions. And maybe sometimes a rare golden object worth over §10,000. You know, just stuff you have in your apartment lying around that you may have forgotten about...
https://youtu.be/IkhGQ-vEIVU

I don't have the Dust kit (I stopped buying packs after Dogs&Cats, seeing more or less where TS4 was headed), but I have seen how it works. There are quite a lot of ridicolous things in both that kit and in a lot of other packs. There are some neat things in the game, but there are a lot of questionable things (and a heap of very repetitive ones) as well... I think there are several critters that can collect items/money for you in the later packs/kits, not just the dust bunnies (birds? Bunnies? Chickens? I don't know...)
Mad Poster
#6788 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 10:45 PM Last edited by grammapat : 15th Mar 2024 at 10:55 PM.
[QUOTE=Charity]Well, sims don't poop either. XD

I always thought when a male sat on toilet he was pooping (do they always read the paper?). Never noticed if females sometimes read paper..
I like the idea of pet doors, but it's ridiculous that a sim can "use"it! But it would be funny (and realistic) that a toddler could use it. And any SIZE pet should be able to use it. But I guess that's too complicated; hope somebody can figure out how to create.
Yes, maybe it's realistic that a toddler can open doors --but only if he's learned to walk! But sorry, animals can't open doors. well, actually I've seen some really funny videos of horses, dogs, even cats being able to open some types of doors.

Mad Poster
#6789 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 10:50 PM
I think females do read newspapers. I just always assume that the 'Bladder' motive covers both. Maybe something like birds.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#6790 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 10:53 PM
They read the paper if their logic skill is high enough. I always assumed male Sims sit down to poop too – until I myself realized that sitting down regardless of your business is much more comfortable (and cleaner for the rest of the bathroom).
Mad Poster
#6791 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
They read the paper if their logic skill is high enough. I always assumed male Sims sit down to poop too – until I myself realized that sitting down regardless of your business is much more comfortable (and cleaner for the rest of the bathroom).

Ahh, the Poop Controversy...and do we need such details? Um ..when a sim is sick they throw up a lot, and sit on the toilet a lot...I always figured diarrhea..yea, TMI

Mad Poster
#6792 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=simmer22]They "advanced" to pooping in TS4. That poop is everywhere, especially in the neighborhood that came with the pet EP, and can spawn "trash plants" if you plant them or they're left alone long enough, which gives "trash fruit"

well that's just gross...

Mad Poster
#6793 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 8:38 AM
The need is only 'Bladder', so that doesn't cover pooing to me.
Mad Poster
#6794 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:46 PM
Ahh, the Poop Controversy...and do we need such details? Um ..when a sim is sick they throw up a lot, and sit on the toilet a lot...I always figured diarrhea..yea, TMI

A little bit of imagination is all a player needs
Page 272 of 272