Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:15 PM
Default What are the strangest glitches you've ever seen?
I'll start off with one of mine.

Back when I first got all of the EPs, I went gleefully at it. I made a Sim to send to university, and I jammed him into a dorm with a bunch of premades and Pescado's nodormieprotect. It was a rather nice dorm, had a hot tub and even a pool. Anyways, at some point one of the dormies glitched and began swimming through the floor. It was funny, so I didn't bother fixing it.

Then one day, while focusing on Marla Biggs and Stella Terrano's date (they ended up falling in love with each other), the swimming dormie died. He popped out of the floor, started to do the starving animation....and threw an error and reset, sinking back into the floor. Then he started dying again, but this time he ended up drowning in the floor. Grim showed up, did his thing, Marla and Stella came over to sigh and then began making out again. I sent the grave off to the graveyard.

I still have no idea what happened there.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:44 PM
Well..he was not protected by the usual dormie law...and he just ignored his hunger, because he was swimming. So he died. This is probably what happened. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 7:07 PM
You can get some unusual results for the Bring a Friend home from Work scenario, if you have the Antiredundancy mod.

Once, I was playing a young, single female Sim, and I got the Bring a Friend pop up. When the pool car pulled up and I saw the profile in the car window, I thought "I know that face!" I hovered over him with the cursor and yes, it was Repo Man! Apparently he is in the Business career track.

They got out of the car, and with no social interactions headed directly into the house. The fact that the door was locked didn't bother Repo Man! They headed directly into the main bedroom, where they immediately proceeded to Woo-hoo like bunny rabbits. After a very brief cuddle, he got up again and immediately left the property.

Yes I know, possible corruption. But it happened so fast, I couldn't do anything to stop it. That post - Woohoo smirk on his face while cuddling was quite repulsive!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 7:25 PM
56 pages with strange funny glitches

I've had some weird ones over the years, but no specific one comes to mind right now. Maybe when the ground on one lot became transparent in some squares, making it look like the whole Sim world is floating on a paper thin sheet of paint, and that that sheet is all that separates them from falling into the void. It was very trippy.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 7:39 PM
Did you move a dog hole with moveobjects? That always does it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#6 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 7:59 PM
The weirdest one for me to this day was simmaculate conception.

Back in the day, before I ever added game changing mods like ACR or SimBlender, I had an issue with the Hillenburg family. The new son, Avery had become a toddler but acted as an infant and was attached to his father's chest, slowly draining his needs like some kind of parasite. Thinking back on it, I should have just put move_objects on and forcibly removed Avery but I was such a newb and freaking out because this poor dad was like dying and if he transferred the toddler/baby over to the mother then she would have a chest-baby. So my awful solution was that I created a sim, moved him in with the HIllenburgs, had the dad give the chest-baby to the new sim and then moved the HIllenburgs out so the new sim and Avery were the only family members left, moved them out and trashed them from the family bin (one of the reasons my game has been corrupted over the years)

Anyway, the STRANGE GLITCH happened when I put the Hillenburgs onto a new lot and the mother immediately did a twirl and got a baby bump, stepped a space closer to the house and did another twirl to get a bigger baby bump and after another step did a final twirl to get the 'about to pop' preggo belly. Then she gave birth right there on the front step to a little girl and I was wigging out because she was not pregnant when I moved her out and to have an accelerated pregnancy like that was just bizarre and I've never heard anyone else to this day having a similar occurrence.

Luckily the simmaculate concepted baby wasn't glitch and grew up just fine.

TL;DR
Grieving mother decides to get pregnant with no outside help and has a new, replacement baby within 30 seconds of arriving to new home.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#7 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 8:11 PM
My favourite one was the day it SimHampton University not-very-scientifically proved that water is flammable.

One of my students (I forget which one now) did a sprinkler prank, then lit the fireplace next door and dozed in a nearby sofa. She woke up soon afterwards to find 13 squares (most of which had been covered in water) were on fire! She escaped and called in the fire brigade, who confirmed what I'd seen - the squares were wet right until the moment the cinder jumped the line.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 9:08 PM
Three more:

1. In an unpatched game, someone bringing an infant along to one of the NL outings. They got out of the taxi holding the baby and dropped it on the sidewalk.
2. Due to borked portals or something (the entire apartment building was rather glitchy), three nannies showing up to take care of a kid after school. Two of them got into a fight while the other watched movies.
3. A Sim spontaneously turning invisible during a date. I sent them to woohoo to see what happened. It was interesting. He became visible again when I reloaded the lot.

There was also a headless dormie wandering around in Black Mesa. That was when I decided to start a new hood.

Link Ninja
#9 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:07 PM
ooh yeah that reminds me of the shadow dormie I once encountered back when I played on a mac. They were just a solid black silhouette walking around, picking up mac n cheese from the cook and eating like nothing was wrong. I have a picture somewhere out there. I'll see if I can dig it up!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#10 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:53 PM
I've had two really weird ones, both in Pleasantview (which for some reason I no longer play).

One was Angela Pleasant-Centowski's ten-day pregnancy. I got the lullaby music, but nothing progressed beyond that point, and she continued to go to work every day. I tried to get help with the issue and was told I must be mistaken: obviously she wasn't pregnant. But I knew she was, not only from the lullaby but also because she could not try for baby, though she was plenty young enough and her relationship with Orlando was just fine. I tried moving her out and back in again. I deleted her with moveobjects and moved her back in again. I had the entire family move house. I tried boolprop force error. Her older child, who had been a toddler when she conceived, became a teenager, and still Angela showed no sign of pregnancy. It was only when she got the pop-up about being two days away from her birthday that the game realized she was pregnant when she ought not to be and she finally gave birth.

The other was Nina Caliente's "Vow of Chastity" glitch that I've posted about elsewhere. I tried to change her aspiration, and she went from being a Romance Sim to being completely unable to do anything if there was a male Sim on the lot or even on the phone. I couldn't send her to a community lot to buy food because as soon as a male Sim wandered along, everything would freeze up. She couldn't order groceries because if the delivery Sim was male she froze and couldn't accept the order. She couldn't go to work because her carpool driver was male. So I played her as a crazy cat lady, since her freezing up didn't prevent her cats from getting in the carpool and going off to work, and when she ran out of groceries I just bought her a new fridge and pretended she'd had groceries delivered by a female Sim. She was perfectly happy with her rather strange life, and remains one of my favourite Sims.
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:10 AM
@BlueAlien Oh man, what a glitch!

My worst glitch was when I was trying to create new alien blood into my hood. I created an Alien Queen and a poor farmer dad, and made them have quadruplets. so I used an InSiminator to age them up to toddlers and everything went fine...for three of them.

The fourth...never aged up mentally. He was a toddler but still acted like a baby. The others were taught the toddler skills and were just fine as I forcefully aged them up through the stages.

Four did not. No matter his age, he was internally an infant. Lying on the ground, whining and cooing. I tried everything. I tried deleting him. I tried forced errors. Nothing worked. And since he was an infant, he could not die. He never starved to death. The Social Worker never came for him. I couldn't burn him to death either. I gave him death tokens. NOTHING!

Birthdays also no longer worked. As an infant, the birthday came and, nope. Nada. He was IMMORTAL.

In hindsight, the omgwtfbbq could have been useful then but I didn't know about it. Maybe that might have worked. But I aged him back to infant, moved him out with a random CAS Sim, put them in the Bin and deleted them.

The Hood is still running and his siblings are married off and having children now.

I could have kept him as a disabled person, or someone's baby that never ages from a genetic disorder. But I freaked out and just wanted him gone.

His portrait is blank though...

"'Cause I'm looking through the yearbook
Then I find that empty space
There's a name without a picture
But I can't forget his face

Tell me, where did he go?
I want to know
Where did Johnny go..."

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Did you move a dog hole with moveobjects? That always does it.

Almost! Dig for treasure hole

Scholar
#13 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:23 AM
Oh, those light blue squares never go away...they just mock you like...you idiot. I covered one in shrubs once.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:32 AM
I managed to get them to go away, though I don't remember how now. Maybe painted over it with floor tiles and then removed them?

Instructor
#15 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:17 AM
Found this in my Bandicam folder I don't even know how to describe it.

It only happened when I switched from this family to another one. When I went back to this one, the babies were acting normally
Forum Resident
#16 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:11 AM
I've had a few odd glitches, but nothing like chest babies, Simmaculate conceptions and mentally disabled children. <knocking on wood>
Velvetina, the last two baby photos are so cute!

My glitches have been things like fish swimming in the grass, the blue hole Gummi mentioned (I think I fixed mine the same way, but I don't remember), an occasional backward arm and, most recently, these two.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Scholar
#17 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:27 AM
Well, hey, that looks like my avatar!

I swear she was smelling the air or something.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:43 AM
Custom eyes like to glitch a lot. It can be pretty horrifying.

Has anyone else had Sims glitch out when giving each other backrubs? Sometimes they try to do it from across the lot and their arms twist in all sorts of weird contortions.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:10 AM Last edited by gazania : 19th Sep 2017 at 4:49 PM.
I have had tons of weird stuff happen over the years! Almost all are due to mods. Some are graphics card-related. Some are Maxis burps.

How about just a sample?

1. I remember way back in the day, I once opened the game to find my entire neighborhood covered in what looked like a thick gray fog. I couldn't see the lots, the terrain ... anything. All I saw were text boxes for the lots. And not the usual text boxes ,,, these were much, much smaller. Everything went back to normal when I restarted the game, but I asked about it here and no one could figure out what happened, and to this day, I have not seen any similar reports.

2. Lucky me was one of those who got the glitchy Happy Holidays Santa some time back. He loses his face, and all you see above what was once his neck is is a bald scalp. A bunch of hair, hats and clothes also drop out of the catalog. Even today, I still check my files from time to time to make sure the clothes, hair and hats are still in there, and admittedly, once I tested the game to make sure Santa Claus and Baby New Year/Father Time were back to normal, have played them all of once, if that. I'm afraid that I'll see Almost-Headless Santa again! It was a real hassle to get that stuff back, and I'm crossing eight fingers (two pairs on each hand) that I will never, never see that again.

3. This is a story I've often told, so those who remember the one about frisky mods and Rebecah's chickens can skip this one. I admit to having a few frisky mods in my game, and my Sims are not Barbies. Apparently, one frisky mod did not play well with Rebecah's chickens. I kept seeing male appendages above the chickens' heads, and my Sims wanted to woo-hoo with the poultry. Killed the hood as well, though it was amusing to see as it went up in that fiery ball. I've often written that I found some really weird and rare ways to corrupt hoods over the years. That was probably the best one of the bunch!

4. Looking at my old pictures from around 2008, they reminded me that I had shadow dormies for a while. They'd suddenly become transparent. They went back to normal ... eventually.

5. One of my Sims got a serious version of the bubble glitch. Like many people here, though, the bubbles were in such a place that they looked like they were coming out of his butt, and they would just not go away for a couple of days ... real-life days.

6. Another story I've often told ... Mrs C's wild side. Skip, please, if you've heard this before and don't want to again.

One reason why I no longer play Downtowns is that I once had a frisky mod that you couldn't really turn off. Apparently, it affected Mrs C. as well, and she proceeded to woohoo with any single male Sim she saw in a nightclub one night. Since I have the See Them mod and do not have Barbie Sims .... (shudders). I'm really lucky I didn't cook my game, since I'm sure that EA did not intend for us to see that side of Mrs. C. And it's pretty darn hard to unsee!

I believe that mod is long gone (at least eight years or so!), and so is that entire game. I have switched my operating systems once or twice since them, and even the machine. This game is long, long a memory. Still, the thought of Mrs. C and my male Sims ... oh ... I just can't go on!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:08 AM
Those eternal burning trees during and after a storm - so cool but so freakishly weird
Inventor
#21 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:35 AM
I swear that dog pretending to be human was one glitch I will never forget. A floating canine with its anatomy gone wrong, floating in midair, and interacting with other Sims like some regular intelligent bipedal. It's still a memory of how that came to be, and I haven't seen an incident like it since.

Only other strange graphical glitch I observed is when some baby CC furniture I downloaded once were flashing blue. I actually let that slide as if it was all a normal animation.
Scholar
#22 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:33 AM
Gazania: I had a sim getting Mrs. C for a blind date once back in 2008. I had been playing for like 2 weeks. No patch, hacks or anything.

About your nr 4: I often have dormies turning transparent. And I do get some dormies showing up twice on some lots in my uni subhood.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:12 PM
Kamoodle, that dog thing is what happens when a deleted sim's ID is given to a new sim who happens to be a pet, and the stray bits of code associated with that ID are activated. The dog was trying to be someone who was long gone.

Gazania, you should be able to use Downtown fine if you have creaturefixes and your objects packages are locked; which, given how careful you are these days, I presume is true. But I can understand, with your experience, why you hesitate.

The ever-burning breadfruit tree has a fix.

My strangest glitch was the mod conflict with Cyjon's Slower LTA Gain which caused the vacation clock to freeze. This does not happen to most people, but it did to me and one other person. Cyjon likened this to the toilets flushing when the light switch is flipped - the two code systems should have nothing to do with each other.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#24 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
3. This is a story I've often told, so those who remember the one about frisky mods and Rebecah's chickens can skip this one. I admit to having a few frisky mods in my game, and my Sims are not Barbies. Apparently, one frisky mod did not play well with Rebecah's chickens. I kept seeing male appendages above the chickens' heads, and my Sims wanted to woo-hoo with the poultry. Killed the hood as well, though it was amusing to see as it went up in that fiery ball. I've often written that I found some really weird and rare ways to corrupt hoods over the years. That was probably the best one of the bunch!

This is hilarious.

As for my contribution:

Mortimer was visiting the Burbs, and bathing their baby in the sink. I had instructed Jennifer to change its nappy before that went through, so I expected the interaction would cancel because the baby was being interacted with by someone else.

I was wrong.

So yeah

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#25 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:52 PM
I had a hood go up in a flaming ball overnight. I think it was the combination of a few different things. Well how I figured it out is I had just made a couple of sims in it's bodyshop and moved them in. They only had dog interactions and everyone had the jump bug around them. Needless to say that whole documents folder went away....

I cried and started another. Word to the wise don't use your main hood for a tester hood :p
Page 1 of 15