Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:11 PM
Default Do you play with premades?
do you play premades? if you do how often do you play with them?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:19 PM
Yes. Just the Maxis premades make up around 1/3 of Oakbrook's population.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#3 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:26 PM
Yes, almost exclusively.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:33 PM
No, unless you count like two of them that came with Sim State University. They made great partners to my custom sims.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:58 PM
I rarely make my own Sims unless I have a story to tell. 90% of my Hoods are premade.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:22 PM
No - 100% not. Custom all the way.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

*gasp* how dare you

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:05 PM
This is sims! We dare all!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:24 PM
All the time. Even Carr's Crossing, which started out with five custom families, is gradually bringing in the bin Sims and townies as they befriend the first settlers.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:52 PM
Well, I'm considering playing Pleasantview soon again, since it's my favorite Maxis hood. Going to restore Bella Goth cause I downloaded the 2t4 dress. I do like the Pleasantview premades, however, they can get a little hard to manage, when you're trying to manage the Pleasant twins' grades and love lives, Mary-Sue's new career and possible husband, Daniel's new home and affairs, and the maid's new house and baby. Bit of a headache but worth it!

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:54 PM
Yep, maxis and custom sims together. I play with them fairly often. Even attempted recreations of side game sims too. Makes it feel all connected and i like that.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM
I'm installing Pleasantview again just cos I keep quitting on them before as a kid =))
I couldnt handle the drama lmao I just wanted them to all live peacefully but NOOOOO Daniel needs to woohoo everybody! maybe Im better prepared this year lmao
Instructor
#13 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 7:49 PM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 5th Jan 2018 at 8:14 PM. Reason: Wrong choice of words
I've only played 4 pre mades from University hoods and 3 from Belladonna Cove. Most of the times, I clone them with BodyShop for my custom hoods and create their stories from the very beginning.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:12 PM
I play with certain pre-made Sims not all, but In Pleasantview I play all the premade there. I do because it was the start of the "original Sims" families. But I do know Sims 1 was first with the same families ( I think )
In the Bluewater Village neighborhood I play the main Premade Sims there. But I mostly just stay in my Custom hood and in Pleasantview.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#15 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:35 PM
The reason I like the Premades is because they offer the more interesting starting points. SIms fresh out of CAS always seem a bit like pod-people to me, no past no memories beyond the generic ones. CAS families usually take a generation to get interesting to me, unless I create them for a specific role in a storyline. For example in my current Beginning of Pleasantview hood I have a cas Sim called Lottie Schuster, who was the Goth's life-in nanny when Gunther and Flora were young. Since then, she has developed her own storyline with another CAS Sim.

SO my usual neighbourhoods tends to start with the Premades and then gain more and more CAS sims over time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Same here. ^ No pre-made sims and no pre-made hoods. All given the boot. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:51 PM
Yes, almost exclusively. I'll add my own custom Sims for certain reasons but mostly I just love the play the pre-mades I find I get so attached to them and I like taking their backstories and seeing where me and the game takes them from there.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#18 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:03 PM
I use a mix of premade and custom sims, and the mix depends on the 'hood. I rarely play the premade 'hoods aside from occasionally bringing one in as a subhood, but I add the bin sims regularly. My current 'hood has all the bin sims, the garden club, and the social group townies, as well as Veronaville and its residents. The bin sims are part of my rotation, and several of the townies have been either made playable or are friends with playable sims. My last couple of 'hoods also made heavy use of premade sims, and I enjoy having the back stories in place for some sims. That said, I'm ready for a break from some of them. For my next 'hood, I'm currently undecided on which templates to include as I want that break but also really like a few families and would miss them. I keep changing my mind about which premades I want and which I don't. I'm currently leaning towards empty stealth 'hoods and downtown but having Pleasantview townies and then temporarily adding Bluewater to get those playables and a pool of townies with skill badges. I don't have any of those premades in my current game, so it would be a nice change and I'd have plenty of townies without having to make my own (except for a few tourists and downtownies), and the Bluewater sims will be in the bin for when I am ready to add them into the mix with the CAS sims.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
*gasp* how dare you

Heh - I'm like Jo
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Same here. ^ No pre-made sims and no pre-made hoods. All given the boot. :P

In my case, around 2005. I've just never found the EAxis sims and hoods interesting. I always wanted to make my own. The only ones who did ever interest me a little were the Curious brothers - three bickering eccentric brothers had potential.

People like different things.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Link Ninja
#20 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:44 PM
Here, have a poll!

Let's make some data!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:49 PM
Voted. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
I do a mix of both premade and custom - but only if I make an uberhood! I looove making uberhoods <3

I have some pretty interesting romances built up, you know? In one of my 'hoods, I paired up Natasha Una and Buzz Grunt!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:40 PM
Every premade family I've tried to play, I get bored with and quit playing within an hour. It just feels kind of awkward to me... I'm told what has already "happened" to the families, but I don't actually get to play through that myself, and when I load the families they're just normal sims and it feels like there's nothing going on even though they're supposedly in the middle of their stories. I dunno, it just doesn't seem to work for me. I find the sims I create develop their own drama pretty quickly anyway and I feel more invested in them after the time I spend making them. My sims will often marry townies but that's a bit different to me, because they get a gradual introduction and I still have the one sim who is custom or born in game.
Theorist
#24 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:45 PM
Yay, I love voting on things ^-^

Right now "Mix" seems to be the preferred choice, but so far only 14 people have voted, so...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:45 PM
The bin Sims and townies, yes - the premade hoods, no.
Page 1 of 3