Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:56 PM
Default Do you use a prison system in your neighborhood?
If so,how do you manage it?
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:25 PM
I don't have a prison system in my game, but I think member and moderator joandsarah77 have one setup in her Sims game. I sure Jo's will share.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:45 PM
I built a precinct with prison-like rooms in the basement but I just built to add some environmental realism. What would sims be sent to jail for? The biggest crime that my Sim ever did was to influence a sim to fight with another sim, and that sim was happened to be his spouse.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Simonut : 15th Jan 2018 at 6:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
I built a precinct with prison-like rooms in the basement but I just built to add some environmental realism. What would sims be sent to jail for? The biggest crime that my Sim ever did was to influence a sim to fight with another sim, and that sim was happened to be his spouse.

@legacyoffailures So funny what you said, I think Sims are not so innocent they steal other Sims Newspaper even some of the rich Sims steal Newspaper.
They also will walk up to another Sims and Slap or poke them for no reason ( I think that is a crime of Assault )

Also you have the good for nothing "Burglar" that love to rob the Sims home.
And if you use your imagination in the game you also can have "Shoplifters" who come to community lot and steal items like clothes etc. Yes we need some form of Laws and order.

Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:30 PM
I once used the Simlogical system and ran an involved prison once. Reception desk with staff working. Integration cells, before they take your picture and put you downstairs in the basement cells. A prison shop was upstairs and a visitor canteen. The prisoners ate downstairs and worked in the workshop making things to sell. All door's locked, automatically opened at visiting time, where prisoner's finally got to meet their families in the common room. I just locked any sim that I really didn't like. The system pulled in any sim (or NPC's) working in law enforcement. It was fun. I gave up because I couldn't get them upstairs to garden at the warden's house. That needed fencing and I suck at that. (yep, they kinda escaped)

Seen other players using much simpler system, some way to lock the sim in, some way to keep them alive, and some way to isolate them from the general population should be all that you need.
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:34 PM
1 I'm having Cyjon's hack that prevents stealing newspaper and kicking garbage. More importantly I already disabled newspaper delivery because newspapers only waste too many papers. And oh, I'm also using no visitor hacks from Christianlov so there's no walkby at my Sim's house.
2. Sims (both playables and townies) are rarely seen poking and slapping at each other in my game, it mostly happened to NPCs in hobby lots. I guess it must be the hacks from Cyjon or Pescado that make less social interactions failures.
3. There aren't burglary in my game, it must be that I'm using clean templates by Tarlia.
4. That's in your game. I never want my sims to steal anything at community lots. If my Sims want that shiny stuff, they gotta work for it.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:48 PM
I have tried out the Simlogical prison System if that is what you are asking about OP. I must admit some of the area controllers I never seemed to get right. But you can run a jail without all of those. I don't currently have a prison as such only a couple of jail cells at the police station.The prison system is similar to the school system, you enrol the prisoners and use the prisoner tag so they don't wander onto comm lots or other places they should not be. If the prisoner is made selectable and they have a job you might want to use the sign to stop them losing their job/conversely losing their job may be part of the punishment. There is a prisoner toilet, meal or the institution food table. Don't want those prisoners eating turkey or whatnot. Back when I had a proper prison with guards I had a workroom at the prison where they made things. Mostly toys or sewing items like teddy bears. Part of their community service. A larger prison could have a Free Time car shop for making cars. Or if you use the digging controller from simwardrobe you could set them all to hard manual labour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:07 PM
I will use a prison system, once I get police in my neighborhood and somebody (likely somebody from criminal track) to lock up.

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@legacyoffailures So funny what you said, I think Sims are not so innocent they steal other Sims Newspaper even some of the rich Sims steal Newspaper.
They also will walk up to another Sims and Slap or poke them for no reason ( I think that is a crime of Assault )

Also you have the good for nothing "Burglar" that love to rob the Sims home.
And if you use your imagination in the game you also can have "Shoplifters" who come to community lot and steal items like clothes etc. Yes we need some form of Laws and order.

Jailing people for those minor offenses would be hilarious. I would have to try that out. >

Don't forget Charlaton/Pickpocketter. If I had Bon Voyage, I would lock him up (or his identical self, If that NPC wasn't safe to interact with).
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:24 PM
*lurks in the background stealing ideas*

A prison is actually another lot that I've mentally been putting together ideas for for a while now... Once I have access to the game again, I imagine it'll be one I'll try my hand at before too long... I enjoy trying to figure out how to make institutional buildings look "right" and still be fun to play in... (though maybe "fun to play in" is the wrong approach for a prison...)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:28 PM
Lol fun for us overseers, miserable for the prisoners.

I had a shoplifting professor at my post office a couple of days back. Dude just because you're a prof with trendy hair doesn't mean you get to walk out without paying! Not a Police officer in sight.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:35 PM
I've built a couple of prisons, and I have a couple of downloaded ones, as well-you really should get Inge's prison set because they will make any prison very easy to play, with controllers and punishments for the bad guys.
I usually get one of the police force to live there and so the prisoner has some company. Usually no more than 6 prisoners, with her set, so you can have a guard and a warden living there. They bring in the money to support it, and you don't leave a prison unattended!
It's fun playing this kind of lot, (I'm such a savage..) but the Asylum challenge is another version of it. Pure nuttiness.
Just make sure it's one sex only. No mixed sex prisons..far safer that way.
Your first prisoner can be the townie burglar, Gordon King or that other one. Then grow from there.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:20 AM
I don't have a 'system' as such. I built a prison downtown and it housed one prisoner. He was a criminal mastermind, turned in by his daughter, who he had neglected as a toddler. He was alone with the bare necessities and lived in his own filth, too lazy to pick up or clean. No subsequent inmates have lived there since his death.
Scholar
#13 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:44 AM
I just installed my first Simlogical prison in Greater Pleasantview. There's a dormitory for male inmates, and one for females, using the bathroom doors. Each dorm has three of the cheapest beds, and each bed has a cheap chair at the foot. There are three work rooms: one has robot-making tables, one has potter's wheels, and the third has sewing machines. Prisoners are set to work every day between 9 am and 5 pm. In the evenings, they may be allowed to make a phone call, if they have behaved themselves during the day, or they can take a book from the one bookcase and study. A Sim who is in disgrace will spend the evening sitting alone in the dormitory.

It isn't staffed, as I really don't see the need. I imagine the inmates hearing a voice over the intercom telling them what to do and where to go, and that their prison tags allow the invisible watcher to coerce or punish them as necessary. Kind of creepy for them, and very secure because there is nobody they can overpower.

My three current prisoners are serving time for assault, and General Buzz is also doing time for the murder of his wife, and for the attempted murder of Olive Specter and her son that resulted in the deaths of Ophelia's parents.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:31 AM Last edited by Simonut : 15th Jan 2018 at 6:47 AM.
Also we have Sims that love coming to the restaurant and stealing Sims food and drinks. And the Sims that run out the restaurant without paying for their foods. They all need to be LOCK UP lol
It's such a shame the Sims who steal don't teach their Children and Pets that it's not good to steal someone else food hahhaha

Check pictures out click on for larger view. ( these pictures are so CUTE )
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:59 AM
Don't forget gnome and paper stealing, or worse I think is bin kicking since if you don't see it you can get roaches and flu.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:49 AM
I'm planning on setting up a prison in this version of my megahood - when I get round to building it, that is. This could be some time away.

At the moment, the plan is to use Inge's Prison set, at the very least for the institution sign and the prisoner controller. I'm still working on the logistics of how a Sim can get sent to prison but so far, I've decided that gnome and paper stealing will get a fine the first five times, and a one rotation prison sentence after that. Assault on community lots will get either a $1000 fine or between 2 rotation prison sentence, the same might apply to assault on private properties - but this would depend on the relationship between the two and the victims personality.

As for more serious crimes, I'm planning on rolling a die every time a sim in the criminal career track goes to work and having them sent to prison if I score a 6 - rolling again to determine how many rotations their sentence would be. (I might have an early release program for good behaviour?) I also think I'm going to roll for any adult sim with less than three nice points on the first day of each rotation and choose a crime that fits their situation.

If they have more than 3 nice points? Well, I suppose they're just at risk of getting caught gnome stealing or attacking someone. Everyone makes mistakes, but I want to believe most of my sims are law abiding citizens.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:55 PM
Several people have mentioned murder, but it's worth pointing out that sims are capable of murder by simply following their wants and using only EAxis content.

Sims can want to see the ghost of a live sim, that a live sim is a zombie, and to drink a live sim from the cowplant.

Sims who have a cowplant can get their enemies in situations where they will be likely to be eaten. Witches can set things on fire.

If you are willing to suspend disbelief a little bit, deaths by hunger and drowning can also be considered murder, as can death by vampire bite, since even the game itself considers vampires undead (not alive).

I don't use a prison yet, as so far my sims have gotten away with their crimes. If one gets caught, I might add one. I just wanted to chime in and say, sure, it's unlikely, but sims CAN be criminally evil.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:01 PM
Yes, SimState prison is to be found beyond the warehouse district in Sirencester, the city centre to Little Carping's rural suburb. I use Inge's prison mod but only partially. The prison is designed in two halves - the prison area itself and the staff area.

I use Inge's mod to prevent prisoners entering the staff area (Area Security Controller) and have a resident warder (I call him the night watchman - he's called Danny Morgan) who has a small house in that area. There's also a staff lounge, kitchen and bathroom. I use the mod to set up the cells and have the prisoners brought in (using the little 'picture' thing - Prisoner Token) or released. I don't play them at all when I play the prison (same policy as I use for sim kids), I just play the warders. Unless, that is they seem to get fixated on something inappropriate - as sims sometimes do.

I don't use the staff controller to call in the warders - I use the cat for that - though there are three other warders (in addition to Danny the resident warder) and a governor who are registered as such. I don't use the career - I wrote one of my own for that.

Can't remember what else - I use some things not all but the beauty of Inge's mods is that is possible. I do similar things with the school. I tend not to use the area doors so much (though I do like the meshes) and don't tend to use the assembly points (though come to think of it, I might have used a staff door between the two halves of the prison). I do use the cells doors (otherwise you wouldn't have cells). I do use the timer aspects on the main controller - time to be locked up, time to be out of their cells etc. and I use the (IMO) very useful canteen thing to set meals at different times of day.

I like the memory very much (I love custom memories) though I think I changed the wording at some point. I do use the prisoner tag - but in a lot of places not just the prison. It's useful that thing. I use the prisoner loo in the cells and some basic bunk beds I downloaded absolutely years ago. I've always liked Inge's mods - I used her TS1 versions extensively too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:10 PM
Is Inge Simlogical? Like same person?

Anyway, yes I have the mods from Simlogical or whatever but I've been too lazy to build one or set it up. I did download this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=450216 which is perfect for an asylum or a prison. Love this lot.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:54 PM
Yes, Inge's site is SimLogical. I've been visiting her site since TS1 days - I even used to post on her forum when she had one. I've been talking to her for so long - in a distant and off-hand way (we're both British) since about 2001 I think. She still posts here a fair bit, just not in the TS2 section. Anyway, I think of her as Inge not SimLogical.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:42 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM Last edited by maxon : 18th Jan 2018 at 11:13 AM.
That's the one. Was it Pescado or Delphy (notDelphy) called her that?

Sim crimes so far:

Stealing (newspapers, gnomes and food) - usually not jailed for this, fined

Garbage kicking (littering) - fine

Shop lifting - I have not actually consciously experienced this

Fighting - this depends, usually on a community lot it's a crime (behaving in a disorderly manner - depends how persistent they are whether they're jailed for it), at home slap fights, not so much

Burgling - burglar and criminal sims. I have a thing with my playable criminal sims of over-writing Little Carping's one burglar with their appearance (SimSurgery)- at least for the low level criminals. Fergus Crims is currently the burglar. Should he break in somewhere (in his burglar guise) and get nicked, the real Fergus will get banged up and I will employ SimSurgery again to rewrite the burglar with the appearance of the next criminal sim on the list (probably Jessica Ebadi or maybe Franklin Rockefeller, though he's more into white collar crime (see below)). Fergus is getting promoted though and won't be burglaring for much longer but his brother will be moving in with him shortly.

Forging money - using the career reward. Franklin has done this many times. If you use it too much, the cops show up and that's when Franklin went to jail for fraud or counterfeiting. I forget which. Billy Jane was so ashamed (his wife). As an American, when she came to Redbrick University and met and was romanced by Franklin, she thought she was marrying into money. Well, she was in a way. Other people's money anyway. She's pretty bitter now and Franklin sleeps in the spare bedroom.

Attempted murder - fantasising about drinking sim or seeing their ghost. Not actually done this - maybe if they started a fight with the sim of their ire. Fergus Crims did this on multiple occasions until

Murder - by way of the use of a gun from simWardrobe. Fergus has a body (Maddy Jayalapan) under his patio. Should he get found out, I imagine he'll be going to Sim State for a long stretch. If he gets found out ....

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:04 AM
Also going to steal some of the ideas, but here is the current process my sims have been using:

I have a residential lot that I made a prison and one sim with the occupation of cop who voluntarily gave up living with their family to live onsite. What's considered a crime varies by the political system in place. Common offenses are newspaper theft, kicking over the trashcan, or public fighting. Each time I catch a sim committing a "crime", they get a strike. Once a sim gets to 5 strikes, they are sentenced to court, where I roll a die and that determines their prison sentence. (1= 1 term/playthrough, 2, 3, 4.. 5 = life, 6 = had a great lawyer and got off with no sentence).

Of course, politics/corruption sometimes the plot allows for workarounds. The wealthy families may be allowed to bribe their mayor into letting them off easy (50k to remove one term/playthrough).
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:13 PM
No! All my Sims are far too good and nice to go to prison. OK, some of the are sometimes a bit naughty, but none of them have ever been that naughty!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#25 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:39 PM
I have a prison in SimHampton. At the moment, there is only one prison; since town laws declare it inhumane to have more than 6 prisoners in one facility, I sometimes need more. I use parts of Inge's system, but only small parts. In particular, her Prisoner Tag is key to the whole thing working - it breaks my suspension of disbelief to see prisoners walking around the neighbourhood as if they were free.

There is at least one, and often more, prison staff at the facility. Adults and elders work in the prison career, as police, in law or, sometimes, are simply live-in general staff. Only teens are allowed to work in a career irrelevant to the process of law or the running of a prison (so careers I have, but haven't given to any adult/elder staff Sims yet, include medicine (i.e. prison medics) and cleaning). Sometimes a teenager may join them as an intern - it's unpaid (hence permission for them to have an irrelevant career alongside) but the room and board are good, and job prospects are excellent. Also, everyone working in the prison has to go through character assessments first - no Sim with significant enemies may take the job, in case there's a good reason that they are enemies...

As for the prisoners... ...if I catch them committing certain offences, they are put in a list of "uncaptured criminals". Which offences those are changes every so often; my Sims are empowered (through the power of plot and their government - currently a monarchy) to add, remove or change the severity of penalties for any law. The current offences are:

If any of the people on the list are spotted in the vicinity of the prison or certain other places*, cheats are used to transfer them into prison. There is no power of general citizen's arrest, though trained police officers are authorised to carry out arrest warrants whenever playable if they so choose. All prisoners are required to wear whatever uniform is set for that particular prison (when I have multiple prisons, each has its own uniform - Bianca Monty was quite proud of collecting all three sartorial options available in her time). Everything in their inventories is removed from their possession and placed in the confiscation room (personalised possessions are returned to the prison upon probation, other items are issued to prisoners who may need help resuming lawful lives - and items only useful for crime are sold). They are then assigned a cell. The standard prison cell has the following features:

- Two small rooms, of which one is a true indoor room and the other is either open to the elements or a greenhouse. Fresh air is important for prisoners but so is shelter.
- If a greenhouse is selected (the current prison is an example), a moat (in this case, swimming pool) with a high wall on the other side to prevent nosy people looking in or prisoners escaping (I don't use the Prisoner Token, but preventing visually obvious escape routes helps suspension of disbelief)
- Transparent front wall and (lockable) front door, so that prison staff can maintain a careful eye on the prisoners
- Opaque "inside" walls, so that prisoners don't communicate with each other and prisoners can have privacy while using the (outdoor/greenhouse) bathroom facilities
- "Outside" walls must exist but can be made from any material (the current prison uses greenhouse walls, since breaking the glass wouldn't help a prisoner escape)

The "inside" room must contain:

- A fridge
- A worktop
- Disposal facilities suitable for all types of rubbish
- A bookcase
- A sofa or bench

The "outside" must contain:

- Shower
- Toilet
- At least 5 plant plots

Somewhere in the cell, there must also be an easel.

Prisoners have to earn their way out. There are three ways of doing so:

- Grow vegetables/fruit. Every offence has a produce tariff. If you've read the spoiler, that's what this refers to - if you get caught, you have to harvest that many items of fruit or vegetables to get free. Prisoners are expected to produce poor produce because good gardeners rarely break the law, for some reason.

- Paint at the easel. Every part or complete $20 a painting is worth is considered the equivalent of 1 produce item. However, the judge may require proof of reform from hardened criminals (those who have been convicted of at least 3 crimes and have served at least 1 prison term in th past) before allowing them to exit probation. Typically, this means the same number of paintings as the Sim has committed crimes (I treat these as shorthand for expressions of the Sim reflecting upon their past actions and other rehabilitative thought processes). A Sim may choose not to sell their painting and instead count it towards this total.

- Work. A well-behaved Sim who is putting effort into completing their term may be allowed to leave their cell to go to rehabilitative work. They must go straight from their cell to the car and vice versa. Every part or whole $20 is another 1 produce item off their sentence.

Sims on probation are required to get a rehabilitative job, unless they somehow managed to keep their previous one. This cannot be as a Criminal (obviously) or as a Clan Vampire (too good a wage), but could be anything else. If they get a job in law, law enforcement or prison services, that is a sign they chose to become prison staff; these Sims automatically complete probation at the end of their first working day. Everyone else has to get promoted at least once to complete probation. All these Sims, as well as guards who have jobs, have their earnings counted together and the equivalent in produce items is taken off the sentence of whoever's been in prison longest. Otherwise, some Sims would never finish their minor sentences...

* - The Palace has a holding cell suitable for one criminal. By law, they can only be held there until a properly-constituted court adjudges their case. A criminal arrested at the Palace is allowed to exchange any penalty except exile for Palace servitude of at least one day if they are deemed guilty of the accused offence(s). Criminal behaviour during servitude results in the original penalty being reinstated and transfer to a prison. Serious criminals who mean to reform their wicked ways occasionally loiter around the Palace on purpose for this reason, making the police's job considerably easier. Officially, this is neither encouraged nor discouraged...

Further, a student at university convicted of an offence will be arrested, sent to prison and be deemed an expelled student (thus unable to get a degree from SimHampton University).

PS: Polgannon does not have a prison, though at least one character has been threatened with it. The people of Polgannon cannot be imprisoned for an offence in a SimHampton prison; if they did something illegal, their own separate and vaguely British legal system would be expected to deal with it.
Page 1 of 2