Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
Default is there any way to get my child back after being taken by the social worker? any help appreciated
Okay don't laugh please. I left my Sims 2 game minimized on the task bar of my computer thinking that it was paused, and when I opened it again and without paying much attention I saved the game. I should have realised that it wasn't the usual early morning hour when you just move in a family into a lot, but 22PM on the Sims clock! but well, I did not and here we are.

I carried on with other things and now that I have opened the household again, I realize that my child Sim was taken by the social worker - it doesn't surprises me since the garden of the house was littered with plants and other furniture because I was still decorating the interior and I was not ready to play yet. The child probably couldn't access the house.

Is there anything I can do? I have a somewhat recent backup of the neighborhood folder, does that help in anything?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:27 PM Last edited by alljoj : 19th Jan 2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: I remembered there was a way!
You should probably just reinstall the backup. However, you can also go into SimPE, delete the memory of the kid getting taken away by the parent (I think you can also do this with a modded object) and adopt a kid with the same stuff that their kid was. As long as another kid wasn't taken away from then and now, you should have the kid back.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:29 PM
If you have a single parent, get married and have the new spouse adopt the child back.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:32 PM
Just adopt that child in a new/another family, move the child out with a grown up (adult or elder) and return the kid back original parents/protectors while the formal leads him/her there.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:44 PM
Yeah, I think I'd restore from backup if it was me. I wouldn't want to lose all that in game time, so even if I didn't restore, I'd be changing the time in that lot with the sim manipulator. Also, I think you can telelport the child in with a teleporter of your choice and then re-set the family ties with the sim blender or in SimPE. Memories can be fixed with SimPE as well or with the memory manipulator.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:34 AM
I would have another sim adopt them, then move them back to their family and reset family ties with the simblender.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 12:59 AM
If you've got the Simblender, you can use the "summon" menu to retrieve the child, then "move in" (in the "family" menu). No extra steps required as the family ties will still be intact - those only break when/if the child is actually adopted by another family, and (please correct me if I'm wrong here) they should also retain all their memories of their birth parents as well. I seem to remember that adopted children lose any previous memories when they arrive at their new parents' home.

The parent(s) will still have the memory of the child being taken, but at least their family will be complete once more.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:49 AM
about Sim Blender; summoning becomes available after selecting a certain interaction. I do not remember which interaction; but needed only once per household.
Sim Blender's equivalents (Sim Manipulator, insimenator); summoning available once respective sectional is placed.
all 3 hacks can add any character to the household. Sim Blender requires Pets or later; Sim Manipulator seems to work with University or later; insimenator works since base game.

another way to summon characters could be witch/warlock spell.

if there is any household sim that does have memory of offspring taken, could use that sim to adopt the taken character. any of the 3 hacks could afterward change family relations.

if you want to change/remove memories, SimPE is one way.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:54 AM
SimBlender's is Teleport > Enable Summon Menu. Loading all the family menus can take a while sometimes. I usually just use Inge's teleporter cat instead.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:03 AM
what i did when that happened to me was have the spouse adopt the child so it is still the mothers/fathers child

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:03 PM
Maty's Batbox, Sim Manipulator (with add on Memory Manager ) or The Tattered Diary can add or remove memories in game.
Alchemist
#12 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 11:57 PM
about Pescado's Debugger (batbox); there are limits on the memories it can remove. I recall gossip; memories of Mystery SIm, and "corrupt" memories.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:49 PM
Thank you all for your ideas and help!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:26 AM
What Selly_2009 said would be your best option..besides using your backup. Any other sim who would adopt that child will make all memories vanished. That child cannot be adopted back, but should be teleported back.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)