Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:36 PM
Default Fandom-inspired 'hoods
Am I the only one who makes neighbourhoods of specific fandoms?

i.e, I want to make a Konoha neighbourhood for Naruto sims with Suna and the other villages as downtowns and shopping districts, and one of my favourite hood types to make is characters from musicals - Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, Les Mis and the like, and mush them up in one biiiiig hood

Does anyone else do things like this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:45 PM
A number of people play Hogwarts, I believe.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:00 PM
I would love to have fandom inspired hoods! But...it's so much work, I never actually do it.

I want one for Marvel and one for Skyrim/Elder Scrolls and one for Archie Comics...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:23 PM
I was thinking of doing the last Airbender, but not sure how would that be do-able without the mods/hacks that would enhance the immersion and allow for a roleplay. Besides, I would need to do an adventure hike search for buck loads of cc.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
buck loads of cc.

Yeah, that's the same issue with Skyrim or any Elder Scrolls thing. Would be much easier to do the Archie Comics one!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
Another Broadway fan!

I had a family with the last name Salvatore and their first 2 sons were named Stefan and Damian (Damon) from The Vampire Diaries. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I thought it was funny at the time. Neither became a vampire though, so the fandom part stopped there.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:52 PM
If it counts, once early on in my days playing sims 2 I added Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Han, Luke, and Leia to Strangetown. (Han was the first sim I'd seen who was outgoing enough to just walk into someone else's house uninvited, which he did at Luke's house. I was like...wait, what? Trinity was the first sim I've seen go through an entire pregnancy without throwing up once...even now playing with 24 hour pregnancy, my sims usually don't manage it!)
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:08 PM
I tried some X-Men hoods as a kid, but always kinda got frustrated because there isn't really a way to simulate the various mutations, especially not in a way that makes sense and is meaningful in gameplay. If I have mutants around then I'd want stuff like Kitty Pryde being able to walk through walls and Jean being able to levitate herself from the garden up to a balcony and landing on that balcony. Let alone the even flashier mutations like shape shifting.
So those hoods never went very far. And that's the way I kinda feel about any fantasy-heavy franchise in relation to the sims, there's just no way to simulate it within the game to a degree that is satisfactory to me, personally.

Tried to do a vaguely Game of Thrones inspired neighbourhood last year (it was supposed to be "what if the premade families were Houses from Westeros?"), but all that CC bogged down my game too much.

So now I'm doing "soft fandom" inspirations. Like my current neighbourhood still has a number of powerful pseudo-aristocratic family clans (one of them being a mob family, another a clan of witches/warlocks etc.) that frequently struggle for power, I modeled a Sim after (modern interpretation of) Margaery Tyrell from GoT, I once had some Sims patterned after Daria characters and I named Betty Newbie's sister "Veronica" because of Betty and Veronica from Archie Comics (I agree by the way that Archie Comics are a universe that would fit Sims 2 very well!) etc. etc. that sorta stuff.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:38 PM
All-human/No Powers AUs for the win!
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:33 AM
The nearest I got to a fandom hood was my Panem hood, which despite never getting very far into the story due to a massive glitch that I never fathomed out, had the plan of most Districts being represented via subhoods, and the Downtown taking the place of the Capitol.

Sadly, while moving my game between laptops, something went boom and the layout changed completely - roads no longer led to the few houses I had built, and my main family's lot had sunk to such a low level that it was impossible to load it! I barely got into a different (unoccupied) one that had suffered a similar fate! In the end I deleted the thing.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:28 AM
there was a time when Naruto-themed hoods were a thing.
and how we longed for better hair meshes. good times, good times.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:32 AM
As difficult as it is to even find Whaler outfits from Dishonored 1, (and don't get me started on my frustration on trying to find CC even remotely close to Billie Lurk's prosthetic eye and arm from Dishonored Death of the Outsider) I very much doubt I would be able to make the Dishonored based hood I've thought about from time to time.
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 11:32 AM
If I was actually bothered to do it, I've been thinking about both Night Vale, - which would probably be really, really difficult and require me to find all the information I can on the layout of the town, so that's probably not gonna happen - and Beach City from Steven Universe, which would be a lot easier, as I'm pretty sure I can find a pretty accurate map of the town.
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:32 PM
One time, I made a bunch of Vocaloid sims and made them townies, if that counts. I also put some anime characters as townies and made them pretty important.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedSneakers
If I was actually bothered to do it, I've been thinking about both Night Vale, - which would probably be really, really difficult and require me to find all the information I can on the layout of the town, so that's probably not gonna happen - and Beach City from Steven Universe, which would be a lot easier, as I'm pretty sure I can find a pretty accurate map of the town.

Yeah, I remember there being a Night Vale hood for ts3, but it was kinda just a floating square of desert. Strangetown is pretty much already Night Vale though!! I've actually been toying with the idea of throwing in some WTNV characters and buildings in there.
Theorist
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:52 PM
If I was actually bothered to do it, I've been thinking about both Night Vale.

Quote: Originally posted by dairyprince
Yeah, I remember there being a Night Vale hood for ts3, but it was kinda just a floating square of desert. Strangetown is pretty much already Night Vale though!! I've actually been toying with the idea of throwing in some WTNV characters and buildings in there.

Nightvale could serve as a good inspiration for a custom Commerical District/Downtown for Strangetown...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:26 PM

Someone did recreate a TS2 terrain of Night Vale based on this map. Can't find however but I do have it in my game (and could share it with you in PM if you're interested).

Related to the topic in general: I have no actual fandom-hood but I like to have cross-over references in my game (such as Black Mesa and Aperture being companies, using some of the GTA companies/organisations in my game etc.).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:00 PM

Oh man, I would ADORE a WTNV hood! Making Carlos and Cecil...aaah I'd love to do my Cecil headcanon!

Beach City...good idea! Would loooove to try, but good golly gosh imagine making the temple fusion...that'd be some serious meshing :00
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
there was a time when Naruto-themed hoods were a thing.
and how we longed for better hair meshes. good times, good times.

Ahaha, I was...hmm, maybe like 6-7 around that time and content with the base game and making random people so I'm kinda upset I missed the Naruto phase, lol. I was born a liiiiittle too late, I think.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Another Broadway fan!

I had a family with the last name Salvatore and their first 2 sons were named Stefan and Damian (Damon) from The Vampire Diaries. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I thought it was funny at the time. Neither became a vampire though, so the fandom part stopped there.

Ooh, Mystic Falls WOULD be a good 'hood idea, now that I think about it! I mean, if you make the main VD characters and then throw in random townies...I don't see why not! Thanks for the idea!

And YESSSS, broadway is literally my life right now. But all of the big shows are in New York and I'm stuck here in the little ol' UK *sob sob*
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
Someone did recreate a TS2 terrain of Night Vale based on this map. Can't find however but I do have it in my game (and could share it with you in PM if you're interested).

Related to the topic in general: I have no actual fandom-hood but I like to have cross-over references in my game (such as Black Mesa and Aperture being companies, using some of the GTA companies/organisations in my game etc.).

Oh! Don't suppose you could PM me that NV terrain?

Haha, like a robotics lab for Aperture? And...well, there are a lotttt of different types of companies to go for in GTA
Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 5:45 PM
i've tried doing fable-themed hoods but can never reall pull it off however there are problems making a hood based on fable:

barely any villagers have any importance so i have a hard time making them

how would i portray the hero?

the houses would be hard to build

or if i tried making a fallout themed hood (which i've done) there isn't enough cc for each age group or furniture

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah

I do know of that map, but it is kind of old, and a lot of new information has come up since then about the town. I guess I adore the idea of having a more or less accurate map of and not as much something to play with. (I spent way too long constructing that sentence, and I'm pretty sure it still doesn't make sense.) BUT I would love that terrain, if you'd share it with me, since it's probably mostly the placements of buildings that off in that map.

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Beach City...good idea! Would loooove to try, but good golly gosh imagine making the temple fusion...that'd be some serious meshing :00

The temple is exactly the thing about it. I know nothing of meshing and the temple is a pretty important part of Beach City.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 6:08 PM
I do know of that map, but it is kind of old, and a lot of new information has come up since then about the town. I guess I adore the idea of having a more or less accurate map of and not as much something to play with. (I spent way too long constructing that sentence, and I'm pretty sure it still doesn't make sense.) BUT I would love that terrain, if you'd share it with me, since it's probably mostly the placements of buildings that off in that map.

The temple is exactly the thing about it. I know nothing of meshing and the temple is a pretty important part of Beach City.

goddamn it rebecca sugar ;-;

I actually would like to make a maybe...humanized SU universe? That'd be cool! :D
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:12 PM
I would love some kind of early-early version of Twin Peaks, starting a way before the events that happened in the original series. I will need to read Mark Frost's books first, but there would be the Packard Mill and the central figure would be the young Dwayne Milford (the old mayor in the original series).

http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Dwayne_Milford
Page 1 of 2