Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 8:42 PM
Default Frustrated with NANNY!
I was so excited when I heard about the Nanny patch.... Until....

My sim had twins. During my Sim's work shift, the nanny left (it was the end of her shift) with the two babies screaming and crying! My sim had to leave work early to care for the babies! There should be a mod or something to fix this.... Like the nanny stays overtime until the adult comes back, or the babies go to daycare. Something!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 1:39 AM
I had a similar experience when testing out the nannies. The first nanny I hired got poor baby Rod Serling taken away due to neglect.
So on my second baby attempt, I hired a new nanny and stayed on the home lot with her...but then this happened...

These nannies cause way more drama than I could have ever anticipated. (Also, I think she's a little old to be a wet nurse.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:17 AM
Omg. It gets worse. I saved the game at the point of that screenshot. So I reloaded the game and while the game is still paused, I see that the nanny now has her clothes back on and the baby is gone. There is a bright orange message. Apparently it, too, got taken away for neglect! I reloaded the game twice to be sure.

Okay, so which one of you called the cops?

Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Omg. It gets worse. I saved the game at the point of that screenshot. So I reloaded the game and while the game is still paused, I see that the nanny now has her clothes back on and the baby is gone. There is a bright orange message. Apparently it, too, got taken away for neglect! I reloaded the game twice to be sure.

Okay, so which one of you called the cops?

Maybe you should report that as a bug I don't think the nanny is supposed to strip And they definitely shouldn't be getting the baby taken away
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:48 AM
I mostly play the Sims 2 lately. I'm used to nannies picking fights with my sims and punching them out. I've never had much luck with sim nannies, but this is a bit much.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
Maybe you should report that as a bug I don't think the nanny is supposed to strip And they definitely shouldn't be getting the baby taken away

No in that Circumstance it should be the Nanny Taken away by the police......

Seems like the whole introduction of the Nanny has been one big to the game oh well they ment well I suppose.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I mostly play the Sims 2 lately. I'm used to nannies picking fights with my sims and punching them out. I've never had much luck with sim nannies, but this is a bit much.

Mines kept setting the houses on fires in Sims 2, so I must say that you're lucky :p
dodgy builder
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 11:46 AM
It would really be shocking if EA managed to make anything in this game that wouldn't be frustrating, and still we keep playing it
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 11:51 AM
The babies are probably safer in daycare when the parent is out. I did find the nanny useful for helping out when the parents are in and you just want the parents doing something else like skilling

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 6:52 PM
I see the nanny acting more as a maid than a nanny. Before the family can finish eating, they're scooping up plates and cups and doing things to keep the lot clean but in the nursery, the guy just stands there next to the crib. Every once in awhile they'll interact with the children and help with homework, but other than that it's all house cleaning!

Although this annoyed me in TS2, it would have made more sense to require the nanny to be there before multiple Sims can leave the lot because the invisible daycare still exists so I don't see the point of a nanny!
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:03 AM Last edited by WeirdCatEars : 24th Jul 2016 at 4:05 AM. Reason: I can't type
Obligatory tinfoil hat post:

What if EA purposefully programmed nannies like this because they are trying to cater to that TS2 useless nanny nostalgia?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WeirdCatEars
Obligatory tinfoil hat post:

What if EA purposefully programmed nannies like this because they are trying to cater to that TS2 useless nanny nostalgia?

Nope.. they have proven time and time again that they refuse to cater to any old sims nostalgia regardless of how simple it is. More likely they want to sell a stuff pack featuring nanny clothes.
They are encouraging you to buy it with nude granny nannies.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Mines kept setting the houses on fires in Sims 2, so I must say that you're lucky :p

My nannies peed everywhere on the floors in 2 I built 4 extra bathrooms and they didn't stop Hence why I moved a grandparent in to take care of them. And with that, I won't be hiring a nanny in 4 unless those issues get fixed