Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1076 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:23 PM
Yah scores! Congratulations Zar!

Thank you judges for all your hard work. d_ yes commenting is difficult! I've only judged once, don't think I will do it again!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1077 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:34 AM
Congrats, Z! Well deserved win :D

Also, I just have to add "Circus afro, circus afro, polka dot, polka dot, polka dot, afro" (which I now keep hearing in my head over and over because of PH's GIF )
Field Researcher
#1078 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 6:03 AM
Congratulations to you all for finishing this competition, and to you too Z for winning it!

Before I continue, Karen, I just noticed an error in the add up for Cat's score by Judge 3, which is missing a point to be honest. I read all of the judges' scores to see if we all thought similar things and such that I can see how they critique them as well. It's very important to put your feet in another judge's shoes, and always a constant learning experience! x]

Furthermore, I have to say that this was a wonderful competition to judge and I constantly enjoyed looking at all of your entries. They were all so pretty and you all really worked to make your destinations one of a kind so you all deserve a nice rest and then I hope to see you all in other competitions!!

Call me Seth!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1079 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 25th Jul 2016 at 1:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Before I continue, Karen, I just noticed an error in the add up for Cat's score by Judge 3, which is missing a point to be honest
Thanks for spotting that Seth. I've updated the score

I've handed out all the participation achievements now so all of you that have competed in your first contest, whether as a contestant or a judge have a shiny new sticker Sorry to all the others, you only get the sticker once.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
#1080 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:08 PM
Thanks to all and I enjoyed participating in this contest. Hope that some day there'll be another one here to participate in as well!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#1081 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:16 PM
Congrats everyone, and especially Zarathustra!
Thank you Karen for hosting this contest, and d_dgjdhh, PharaohHound and trambling for doing the hard judging job!
I really enjoyed this contest, I'm glad I had the opportunity to compete, and honestly wasn't expecting to score so high for a first time ^^

It's a pity so many of us had to drop out, I hope some of you can play again in future contests. I would have been especially curious to see the rest of ankoyume's, celebkiedhel's and LucyBorgia's destinations, which had original themes. I probably won't have as much time to dedicate to simming in the near future (which is also a good thing, finally getting back to work ), but I'm probably going to follow along what's happening here on MTS anyway.
Mad Poster
#1082 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:29 PM
I don't think I have any stickers This is however, the second building contest I have completed, and I have completed the headlines story one too. So how do I get a sticker then?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1083 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:37 PM
You wont get another one, Petro. Just the one. Unless you judge or host one
Mad Poster
#1084 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 6:36 AM
I understand, Jones - but I don't want another one, I have none after completing three contests. I did not realise that there was a sticker for completing contests
Top Secret Researcher
#1085 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 6:47 AM Last edited by Vincent T. : 26th Jul 2016 at 7:23 AM.
How does it work with those shiny stickers? Where would I find them? It seems I don't have any, either (like none at all, but I understand I should have one now).

Also, I will try to make store-free versions of the Bleake Islands lot and the boat house pool to upload them here. The Stone theatre and the lighthouse are on heavily sloped terrain so there is no chance to put them someplace else. The Leaking Lizzy I promised to my "home forum", it will be available there in a modified (store and cc-free) version. As I don't have much time at the moment it may take some days though.

[edit] It seems I managed to delete the Bleake Islands lot thoroughly from my computer :-( It is not even in the trash can anymore (and I never empty that!) So sorry...
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1086 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:50 AM
You will find your stickers under the achievements tab on your profile. For contestants that complete a contest it is a 'model'. (You don't get the achievements if you drop out.) I can see it on your achievements tab @Justpetro.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#1087 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:58 AM
Thank you - sorry, I have missed the model one completely, no idea how! (All that bar tending, I suppose )
Top Secret Researcher
#1088 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:01 AM
Karen Lorraine, do you see it on my page as well? For me it says "This member has no achievements for contests."
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1089 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Karen Lorraine, do you see it on my page as well? For me it says "This member has no achievements for contests."
I did give it to you yesterday but for some reason it didn't take so I've ticked it again. It should be showing for you now, I can see it :D

Top Secret Researcher
#1090 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 4:05 PM
Hooray, I have a shiny sticker ;-) Thanks, Karen Lorraine!
Lab Assistant
#1091 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:16 PM
Oddly, I have the sticker but also 'This member has no achievements for contests'.
Mad Poster
#1092 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:27 PM
Yes - so have I, that may also be why I did not notice the sticker
Mad Poster
#1093 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:32 AM
At some point I guess I should put my head back into my TS2-mindset long enough to say THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! My real-life National Park is pretty hectic right now, but I'm so happy to see my fictional National Park getting such acclaim!

And I think I can be justified in taking a moment to encourage you to get out and check out some of the awesome real-life National Park sites all around the country (and indeed, all around the world too!) There's some awesome stuff out there to see!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#1094 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 4:44 PM
Congratulations to you all ! The gaps are small between the scores.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1095 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 10:09 PM
@hazelnutter100 and @Justpetro, that is referring to official contests, like the calendar contest Those are a different set of achievements. If you look at mine, you'll see what I mean.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1096 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 1:57 AM
Plus you will only see the calendar contest stickers on Bootstrap. I know because mine show up on Bootstrap but not on Classic! Not only that but the number changes from 17 to 19 achievements between Classic and Bootstrap.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1097 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:43 AM
All fine! Somehow I missed it when the sticker was added, thanks for clearing it up
Lab Assistant
#1098 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
@hazelnutter100 and @Justpetro, that is referring to official contests, like the calendar contest Those are a different set of achievements. If you look at mine, you'll see what I mean.

Oh, OK. I didn't realise there were official and unofficial contests.
Test Subject
#1099 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 11:03 AM
Hey guys, are there any new contests?
Mad Poster
#1100 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 6:32 PM
I would be game (if timing allows) to try my hand at a shorter contest in the future ... maybe a one- or two-off thing. When I entered the cafe contest at Simpearls, I knew I had litlle chance of placing. I was against some of the best lot-builders and Sims photographers out there. I would expect that here, too. The competition is more-experienced and very, very good. (I only became really interested in lot design around 2013. ...before, it was place box and work with box, or make such a strange layout that no real-life builder would spend more than five minutes looking at it before wondering if it was some sort of joke.)

But I learned so much from this new contest, and it was worth the effort, despite losing the lot at one point because I had to reinstall (fortunately, I had the previous version backed up elsewhere ... guess I was concerned something would happen), and having to replace a graphics card.

I might even enter a longer contest here, but may have to drop out if time is too limited for me. I would have tried this contest, since I had built a vacation hood before this contest started, but despite my many postings, there are times I just can't do much.

Congrats to all the participants! All the entries looked great!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.

Page 44 of 44