Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Mr.Sickboy : 31st May 2018 at 9:33 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Sims 3 Stopped Working When Loading Town and Other Errors...
Hello, once again Sims 3 wants to be a pain!
So, I am quite familiar that a lot of people have had crashing issues when loading their town. But, I just can't seem to find a solution for me. First, I wanna start back to the beginning.

I haven't been playing the sims for months, but prior to yesterday I KNOW everything was working correctly. Yesterday I decided to play sims for the first time in awhile, and before I did so, I decided to buy Sims 3 Roaring Heights. I bought it off Origin, and everything downloaded and installed smoothly.
My sims 3 launcher worked fine until after I installed Roaring Heights. When I reopened the launcher to play, the welcome screen was blank. I have no idea why, but after researching solutions and deciding to delete my personal settings on Internet Explorer, the welcome screen and launcher worked properly and I was able to play the game. I played the game for awhile yesterday and there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the game. It worked pretty fast actually and I was able to save everything with no problem.
But then I went on today to play the sims, and suddenly, it decided to stop working. Wtf.
The welcome screen was fine this morning, and there was no issues at all. I loaded the game, clicked on my town, and as soon as it was almost done loading my town, it said, "Sims 3 has stopped working". The thing that aggravates me is that I did NOTHING between yesterday's game play and today's loading. Nothing at all. Didn't even download or delete a thing.
Confused, I googled what to do as well. The first thing I did was delete a bunch of unnecessary backup files that took up space (but nothing to stop the core game). I do this somewhat regularly but I did it again just in case. Then, I took my entire mods folder and custom content and moved them out of the Sims 3 folder so they were no longer in my game. I didn't have any issues with any of the mods I downloaded or CC, so I assumed it wasn't the mods. And I was right. When I loaded the game again, it crashed when I loaded the town without any CC or mods.
So I'm assuming this crashing has something to do with the game itself?
Now I was really worried so I googled further, and read something about how to add Sims 3 to the DEP. I have no idea wtf that means or what it does but I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j9h5V6jC-8 to help me. I don't know if I added all the programs correctly but I tried to add as many as I could, such as all the the launchers under each expansion pack. I clicked OK, restarted my computer, and then clicked the Sims 3 to run as administrator.
When I got to the launcher, the welcome screen was suddenly blank again. I thought "oh god the DEP thing I did screwed up my launcher." I deleted my personal settings on Internet Explorer again, and the launcher worked fine, but I'm worried that I'll have to do this EVERY single time I play the sims and I don't want to do that.
But that's the least of my concerns right now. I went to play the sims after all that DEP stuff and it still crashed when I was loading my town. So... what else am I supposed to do? What haven't I done yet?
I read a post somewhere which someone posted their specs of their computer, and someone was able to locate that there was a driver issue, so I'll post my computer's details here in case some computer wizard here can help? If that helps at all? I just wanna play the game again. I don't know why it would stop working after I played the game just fine yesterday including the expansion/stuff pack I installed, Roaring Heights. The launcher/game version I have is 1.69.43.024017...

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th May 2018 at 2:22 AM Last edited by igazor : 30th May 2018 at 5:19 AM.
You will be raking up Disagrees here, I assume because really long dxdiags like that belong behind spoiler tags so everyone doesn't have to scroll through them all each time to get to the rest of the conversation.

1 - The DEP procedure hasn't been necessary or advised since Patch 1.50 something, EA fixed that themselves.

2 - The Launcher blanking out and being fixable by clearing the IE cache and cookies has nothing to do with gameplay or why a game might be crashing.

3 - What you are describing, at least at first, could be a bad save. Can you start a new test game or load up a different save successfully or does the same thing happen? How about a new test game on a new TS3 user game folder (pull the current one out of Documents temporarily, a new no-content folder will spawn it its place on your next attempted loadup).

4 - Your computer has no dedicated graphics card. There are limits as to how far, how many EPs, how high one can set resolution and graphics settings in Game Options, and how far one can take TS3 at all on integrated graphics. Not saying you suddenly reached that limit across the board on all saved games all at once with a system otherwise strong enough to run the game as yours is (that would be strange) but it will likely be there someplace waiting for you once you get past this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2018 at 10:10 PM
Default Sorry
Sorry I don't use this board at all, this is only my second time posting here so I didn't know there was a way to condense the whole post further. I was kind of thinking to myself "wow this is a pain to scroll through" but I didn't know how else to post it. Sorry...
I didn't even think about loading a different game. *facepalm* I will try that next time I play and get back to you. But yeah, I am stunned if it is my computer being unable to play the game. I mean it's only a few months old and it's a very fast computer; I specifically bought it so I could play The Sims without it crashing like my old dinosaur did. I will also adjust the graphics and whatnot of the game to see if it works as well. I'll get back soon.
Site Helper
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:04 PM
You can edit your post to add the spoiler tags now. Use {spoiler} (or {spoiler=big wall of text} ) at the beginning, and {/spoiler} at the end. Of course, you will need to change the { to [ to get it to work, but when you do it would look like

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:31 PM
Good news! It was just a bad save... man I'm such an idiot LOL thanks again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:33 PM
I did the spoiler thing too. Thanks!