Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2017 at 11:40 PM
Default Edited Career Partially Working
I edited the BG Law Enforcement career. The hours, chance cards, clothing, vehicle, required skills, and wages are all working perfectly, but the job level names and descriptions are still showing the old data. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd May 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
but the job level names and descriptions are still showing the old data

Did you edit the ones for the language your game is running in or click the button that removes all but the default language.

Also, the text is in twice, once for males and once for females, did you change the male text only and are testing with a female?

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2017 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Did you edit the ones for the language your game is running in or click the button that removes all but the default language.

Also, the text is in twice, once for males and once for females, did you change the male text only and are testing with a female?

I changed the title and description for both genders and set the language to English only, since my game is in English. I was wondering if the game could be pulling the data from Program Files instead of My Documents.
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd May 2017 at 6:33 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 3rd May 2017 at 6:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
I changed the title and description for both genders and set the language to English only, since my game is in English. I was wondering if the game could be pulling the data from Program Files instead of My Documents.

Wouldn't explain why some of it works and some doesn't.

I'd start a new thread in the creator forums (Edit: Doh! Wake up William! This is the creator forums!!!) and attach what you've done - that way people can see what may be wrong

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd May 2017 at 12:04 PM
Is your game in UK English, or US English? The default lang button will delete everything except US English, so if your game is set to any other language, including UK English, you'll still see the old text.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2017 at 1:38 AM
US English. I've attached the edited career.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  EditedLawEnforcementCareer.7z (250.6 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#7 Old 4th May 2017 at 8:54 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 5th May 2017 at 8:29 AM.
Try the attached (edit: now removed as no longer needed), I've removed all but the default language from the string tables, which will remove any doubt as to which version of English is being used!

I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens in my game if it's still not changing in yours ... I'll just have to remember where my Captain Hero is!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:08 PM
Try the attached, I've removed all but the default language from the string tables, which will remove any doubt as to which version of English is being used!

I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens in my game if it's still not changing in yours ... I'll just have to remember where my Captain Hero is!

Thanks! I'll give it a try as soon as I can load up my game (I'm in the throes of cleaning out my downloads folder... >.< )
Instructor
#9 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:56 PM
If I drop that file in my test game, my Captain Hero becomes a Chief of Police. So it looks like your game is not using "English" but "English (UK)".

It's always worth removing everything but the default language from a private mod, as it makes the mod smaller and also removes any "which language should I be editing" issues

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th May 2017 at 5:57 AM
If I drop that file in my test game, my Captain Hero becomes a Chief of Police. So it looks like your game is not using "English" but "English (UK)".

It's always worth removing everything but the default language from a private mod, as it makes the mod smaller and also removes any "which language should I be editing" issues

Thank you! I will be examining the differences between what you did and what I had done so I don't make the same mistake again. However, what about revamps or new careers I want to share?