Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 2:32 PM
i was watching Jonathon Ross and something he siad about what it looks like is now stuck in my head...everytime I look at the logo now I get that image in my head. thanks Jonathon, thanks a lot.

(I would tell you what he said but it's a bit rude/tasteless plus I don't wanna inflict that image on you)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by supersim
In London, that actually caused some seizures there. It's because of the neon colors, I think.

It's because of the re-fresh rate of the flashing images within one section of the advert; it was the section when a man dives into the swimming pool. It called epileptic fits. There is more information here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6724245.stm
Test Subject
#53 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 5:28 PM
The design is a joke. It looks like Lisa Simpson doing something extremely inappropriate (if you can't see it, just don't ask). Other people have likened it to being a "neon swastika". It took me about 5 looks to realise that that pile of Pac-man's vomit is supposed to look like the numbers 2012. Not sure what the random dot is for.

I understand that it's not allowed for us to use the same logo as the "candidate city" logo, but with all the artistic talent in this country, I cannot believe that anyone would pay £400k for a logo so unrepresentative of Britain and the British people.
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:38 PM
Agh damn it makes me ashamed to be English :p

And a Londoner...

Frenchie (The_French_Sim) came home and told me he'd seen the logo in the papers and thought it was super lame but I didn't realise how much it sucked till I saw it myself!

Awwwww why won't they change it!

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Page 3 of 3