Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:33 AM
natural disaster ep would do
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:49 PM
i agree with that so much we need it!

i'd love to have sims live in stuff such as caravans or hotels or even being homeless

no restrictions on where you can place lots (we'll need some restriction but no too much,i'd love to have terraced homes or a medieval town centre)

realistic health problems

the ability to partake in crime

realistic schools

a post-apocalyptic expansion?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#128 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Sa_Ra : 19th Jan 2018 at 1:39 PM.
I don't want to iterate what other have already said, so I'll just say there could be a tool like the room tool in ts4 but for defining the size and shape of a lot. That could be a cool level of customisation which would open up all sorts of possibilities(estates, for example).

edit: Also, allergies could be interesting?
edit 2: Ignore allergies, as SusannaG pointed out they are in fact in the game already.

forever craving chef salad | Sa0Ra on TS4 gallery | Sims & Sensibility
Scholar
#129 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
i think allergies would be a nice addition,the game is meant to be realistic so we need more real things like that

My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#130 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM
Well, allergies to wildflowers were in Sims 3 Seasons. Did you mean that, or something else?
Scholar
#131 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:36 PM
allergies to food?

My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#132 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:47 PM
Well, there's the vegetarian reaction to eating meat in Sims 3, but aside from that, I don't think so.

But you can get allergy shots in Sims 3.
Theorist
#133 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Since I've suggested this before, expect to get answers along the lines of "too hard, too expensive" and "if EA added everything from previous games in the Sims 5 base game, the game would cost more than a ticket to a Lady Gaga concert."

I'm exaggerating, but people always seem to find a way to justify EA's methods.

Personally, I don't think it's asking for too much to have laundry, pets and rain in the base game (along with other basic features).

The sad part is, in Sims 2 the basegame did include a lot of the features from the Sims 1 expansions; parties, community lots, restaurants, shops (including clothes you could buy), the Long Term Relationship bar, the Grim Reaper, woohooing, alien abduction, sickness... and it improved on a lot of them.
So it's not without precedent.

Rain abd lightning at the very least should be a basegame feature by now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#134 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:33 PM
Ugh. I kind of want of TS3/TS2 renewed with a continuation of the production with things implanted that many fans agree on, but than you'll have to get with the odds of EA and their "we screwed it up, but we're not gonna remedy our screw ups". I rather make a full in-depth fan game concept to a Paradox for remaking what fans really wanted for a life-simulator. It will require extensive reading of and observation what Simmers of all ages or types are looking for such a game.
Field Researcher
#135 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:03 PM
I would love some worlds that are 'non-American' - for example, I'm from the UK and would love to be able to replicate what I grew up with in terms of housing and our small towns. The same for other countries I'm sure.
Scholar
#136 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:19 PM
omg i agree so much! having a typical british town would be great! rows of houses instead of seperated ones,etc etc it'd be my dream!

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#137 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
omg i agree so much! having a typical british town would be great! rows of houses instead of seperated ones,etc etc it'd be my dream!

Terraces would be amazing, or even just semi-detatched.

I like the detached houses we currently have but I find the empty lots are always way too big to properly replicate a UK style house. Our houses are not that big.
Scholar
#138 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:40 PM
our houses are like 6 rooms and a garden lol

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:18 PM
Just thought of something else, physics. I doubt that they could pull it off, but it would be amazing if the world and everything could be affected by physics. From natural disasters, to objects swaying in the wind, to just basic hair animation. Imagine if whole houses could be destroyed by fire! With roofs collapsing on themselves, walls falling down, fire causing certain objects to explode. It would actually then make more sense for sims to "route to safety", as things could fall on them.
Scholar
#140 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:47 PM
that is something needed,a crumbling house would be great

My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#141 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM
I'd love a pack focused around activities/hobbies, it's not quite new, but I'd love to see things we have never had before. I remember as a little girl doing crafting stuff with my mom. That's how I learned how to crochet, knit, sew, and use a glue gun. I'd love to see activities like that and ability to include the whole family. They missed so many opportunities with this already. I mean like pokemon rip off that came in a stuff pack? That would have been a perfect thing to add to an expansion like this. Allow sims to collect, battle, and play regardless of age. I'd love to see board games and table top gaming too it'd be a great edition for family or for a geek club. Glassblowing, puzzles, more science related hobbies would be cool too (expanding the telescope, an actual microscope that's not way too big, collecting animals to dissect like fish, frogs, birds, or insects, making crystals, there is just SO much you can do here), more sports, roller skates, skateboarding, comic books, etc etc.

So many options and there is just a lot that can be utilized with clubs. I really wish we had some expansion on clubs, but you know since it's part of an expansion that will never happen. It'd be cool though. Clubs feature is one of my favorite features from TS4. I think it really adds to the experience for me and so more stuff to do with it would be great. TS4 focuses more on social interaction and leaving the house so I feel like a pack like this would be right up it's alley. Too bad it'll never be as good as an older title expansion.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#142 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Just thought of something else, physics. I doubt that they could pull it off, but it would be amazing if the world and everything could be affected by physics. From natural disasters, to objects swaying in the wind, to just basic hair animation. Imagine if whole houses could be destroyed by fire! With roofs collapsing on themselves, walls falling down, fire causing certain objects to explode. It would actually then make more sense for sims to "route to safety", as things could fall on them.

Yeah, though in dlc (so it isn't force upon all players). I can imagine earthquakes shaking up your screen while a random chuck from random area falls on your sim, either incapacitating or crushing to death a sim based on chance, from the ceiling above them. Plumbing would break and fire from the stove would erupt simultaneously.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yeah, though in dlc (so it isn't force upon all players). I can imagine earthquakes shaking up your screen while a random chuck from random area falls on your sim, either incapacitating or crushing to death a sim based on chance, from the ceiling above them. Plumbing would break and fire from the stove would erupt simultaneously.

I don't think they could add physics in a DLC, it's just too big of an overhaul. So they need to have a reason to make it base game, disasters was what I thought of. They could also use it in other ways, imagine a "falling down the stairs" animation. Or maybe just use the physics to have sims interact with the environment, like leaning on walls or objects. There's a lot they could do with it!

Also, if TS5 doesn't at least have rain. Forget it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#144 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:15 PM
"Add physics". You sounded kind of like implying that there aren't any in the game. New death: tumbling down the stairs. Now that sounds interesting/grabbing. May I add: that's a new big step to the sim--- ok I'm out. :D
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
"Add physics". You sounded kind of like implying that there aren't any in the game. New death: tumbling down the stairs. Now that sounds interesting/grabbing. May I add: that's a new big step to the sim--- ok I'm out. :D

Oh I'm not implying, I'm stating. There aren't any real physics in The Sims games. Everything is faked through animations. What I would like to see is them actually simulate physics. Imagine that! Simulating things in a simulation game. Who would've thought?!

Picture skirts, hair (even if it's clay hair, that's fine it's easier!), fabrics. Simulated in real-time.
As for disasters: https://youtu.be/q0xCYm6B9yE?t=14s

I originally wrote that as "falling down the stairs death", but I didn't want to seem like a psycho with all the destruction talk.
Instructor
#146 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:15 AM
Farming.

I feel like that's something players have often requested, but it's never been fully realised beyond having horses in the Sims 3, and being able to grow simple foods like apples.
Scholar
#147 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:36 PM
sims 2's farming was pretty good and i'm sure mods added farm animals

maybe a better disease/illness system forget colds or allergies no no we need black death and smallpox!

My Tumblr
Theorist
#148 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
sims 2's farming was pretty good and i'm sure mods added farm animals

The farming in Sims 2 was really more gardening. Still it was the best version of gardening that ever appeared in tge games, Sim 3/4 are just way to silly with their apple trees vanishing once you harvest the fruit or Sims being able to grow sharks and steaks on a shrub....no...just no... So any farming systemw ould need to be based on the gardening system in Sims 2.

With the farm animals, yeah you can find them as CC in 2, but you either run into the problem of them being 1)inanimate statues 2)inanimate statues that wobble around a bit using a hidden NPC that can potentially break your game. So having properly made farm animals from the people who have access to the source code would be nice.

They could, of course just gie of the source code to Sims 2 and solve all our problems, but well...
Test Subject
#149 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I like it because it makes it more challenging (in a realistic way), but I can see how it might be annoying to some.

I love this idea, and I'm sure the modding community could make a workaround if they didn't like the challenge. I'd definitely love that.
Scholar
#150 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:33 AM
I would be happy with something as simple as the cows and chickens and the tractor from the Sims 3 Store. It doesn't need to be a complicated farming system. They tried to extend laundry and ended up turning it into a PIA for a lot of people, because the hamper's are bugging out or clothes aren't drying right. So, if we get farming, I really hope they keep it simple.
Page 6 of 7