Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:06 AM
Default Want to create medieval world... can I get rid of those random houses that show up?
Hello,

I just bought the Sims 4, after having played 1-3.

I pretty much only build period worlds, so I tend to wait a couple years after release until there is enough CC out there.

I want to build a medieval land, but I notice when I go into lots, random houses and buildings and streets appear that weren't in the neighbourhood screen... any way to get rid of them? It really ruins my medieval peasant hamlet to have a bunch of ranch houses behind them. Can they be turned off?

Google has not helped me with this.

thanks,
Nicole
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:25 AM
I don't think it can be done. The backdrop or what you see in the distance can be replaced, but the hood you place your house in, is stuck as far as I know. You could use a hood without houses and try to find a background more fitting a medieval world. Bakie has made some of them. I don't remember what they are really called at the moment.

Could this be something for you? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=592848
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I swear I saw a mod yesterday right here on MTS - it was a mod that got rid of the fake houses in the back of Oasis Springs, and now I can't find it again. But I swear it was there...

Thanks! I will look
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I don't think it can be done. The backdrop or what you see in the distance can be replaced, but the hood you place your house in, is stuck as far as I know. You could use a hood without houses and try to find a background more fitting a medieval world. Bakie has made some of them. I don't remember what they are really called at the moment.

Could this be something for you? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=592848

There's a remover here by the same guy!

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=563293
dodgy builder
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:50 PM
Yes, the background and some objects can be removed, but you can't get rid of them all with these. You will still have things that is part of the world itself, like river walls, powerlines etc. From what I see on Plasticboxes pictures, it's a bit random what can be removed and what can't, but I'm sure there's a reason behind it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM
I know there is an apocalypse no props worlds, I dunno if all of them are done already is on tumblr. I forgot the name of the modder, but if you search post-apocalyptic you might find it!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
I know there is an apocalypse no props worlds, I dunno if all of them are done already is on tumblr. I forgot the name of the modder, but if you search post-apocalyptic you might find it!

I believe this mod by kym coetzee might be what you're referring to. Haven't tried it yet, but it should still work.
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 2:10 AM
Can be done of course, but will be a massive project, and it's not really worth seriously attempting until the final patch.
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:35 AM
The only way to do that is basically to play Sims 2 or 3.
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
The only way to do that is basically to play Sims 2 or 3.

Yep - which is what I've ended up doing... you can create whatever world you want from scratch without any non-historically accurate backdrops popping up (not to mention the blurry cars that zoom by your lot destroying your immersion...

...Titanium white...