Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Canning Station Overhaul [UPDATE: Aug 2 2016]

by Butterbot Posted 28th Jul 2016 at 10:34 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2018 at 5:06 AM by Butterbot : Content

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 97 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:46 PM
My sims can thoroughly prepare for the zombie apocalypse! Thank you! They'll be eating canned lobster thermadore while their neighbors have to make do with cold cereal, and it's all thanks to you!
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 4:14 PM
This sounds so fantastic! I'll try it later, this addresses all reasons why I never used the station before!
One question though: when does the "Open and Eat" interaction apply? If I understand correctly you will have to put at least 3 meals into the station, so a ration should not contain only one serving?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 4:16 PM
WOW! I might have to get into the Canning Station now -- I don't even think I have it in my game! Thanks!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#29 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 5:14 PM
Holy crap! You are amazing! I am agog!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 5:23 PM
This is so fun! I love mods that add custom foods to the game. My sims can't survive on just goopy carbonara. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 6:37 PM
Now this is incredible. With this being the second game-changing mod released this month, TS3 has never seemed so fresh!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:13 PM
Now my zombie apocalypse is complete Thanks
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:24 PM
Phenomenal Mod!
The replay value of this mod is 100%, there is something for just about every play style.

Was waiting for this mod since I first noticed the testing thread, it is totally worth the wait

Thank you for all the work that went into this
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:25 PM
You have just made the canning station actually USEFUL. I had never used it, not after knowing about the bug. Turning fruit into jam just wasn't useful, when a Sim could eat the fruit and improve their hunger bar without needing to turn the fruit into jam. Your new features make it so the canning station now really does something useful for Sims (and players), so with this I might actually use the canning station!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 7:59 PM
Thank you! This is great.

And thanks to the person who asked about using the mod for more slots in conjunction with this one. I almost asked the same thing since I use that mod, too, then saw the Q&A.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 8:52 PM
How super genius is that?!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! Thank you a zillion of times!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:45 PM
I am so excited my electricity free islanders can now can be self sufficient. No more secret food drops from the magic icebox. Thanks to the unlimited harvested cow dung we convert to "gas" to fuels our canning station. Not only that we can now make our own candles. Yippeeee. The aroma of the, gas fueled, kerosene lamps were giving many of the islanders migraines. LOL.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:49 PM
Thank you very much for creating this mod, updating and sharing it!!!! I think like others have said that it was a shame that EA did their half baked attempt when releasing the canning station as is, but then, wonderful people like you help make it a wonderful addition to the game.

I'm checking its compatibility with other mods I am using, and fingers crossed I'll be able to use it.

Super thanks!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:45 AM
Reading the mod's description actually made me buy the OldMill set! Thank you for this!
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Butterbot : 29th Jul 2016 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Typo
@Vincent T.

Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
One question though: when does the "Open and Eat" interaction apply? If I understand correctly you will have to put at least 3 meals into the station, so a ration should not contain only one serving?

The canning station makes 3 canning jars at a time by EA's design, hence why 3 items are needed to enable any of the interaction on it. For "Make Rations", the 3 meals can be single servings or group servings (or a combination thereof), so one ration jar produced by the mod can contain more than one serving (if the meal it's made from was a group serving)--it's not entirely realistic, but I think of it as a perk.

"Open Jar and Eat" appears only on ration jars that contain a single serving (i.e the jar was made from a single-serving meal).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 3:49 AM
Wow!

I can see the day when all the cooking mods all come together in a massive cooking overhaul lol
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:40 AM
@desiree101

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I can confirm, the jars can be sold via the consignment store with NRaas Consigner[...]

Thanks for confirming that!

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Also, they sell very well with Ani's Produce Stand and her Savvier Seller mod.

If you're selling either the original EA canning station jars or this mod's ration jars with the Savvier Seller, consider disabling auto-restock on those shelves for now. Last time I investigated the issue, the Savvier Seller does not have any code that implements restocking EA's jars (much less ration jars from this mod, which did not exist when Ani wrote the Savvier Seller). You can probably continue to sell the jars via Savvier Seller without any problems, but attempting to restock the canning station jars might result in corrupt jars being respawned on the shelves.

This is not a fault with the original canning station or this mod, just that the Savvier Seller doesn't have full support for the jar objects presently.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:50 AM
Thank you! I thought I was missing a step! I vaguely remembered doing that for something that couldn't be edited by opening in Notepad, but couldn't quite remember how and was considering just trying to type it in there. Now off to install!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#44 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:33 AM
Wow, wow and WOW!!!! Thank you Butterbot for all the hard work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:19 AM
I really really appreciate it. You make sims world more colorful. Thanks for fixing bugs and making me enjoy this store item more! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:27 AM
Oh, my word...70 different meals textures! (I had to count them all in your screenshot. Yep, 70 :) It got better and better the more I read. I am amazed. Thank you so much for putting in the care to make all those details; especially fixing those darned backward-facing slots. Now I'm off to make a survivalist sim who collects for a living...maybe that guy who lives in the underground bunker. If I can only remember in which world I found him, LOL. Looking forward to what you will think of next!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:56 AM
Oh my God, this is amazing!

Also, I'm not quite sure who to ask, but is there a way to turn soy milk (from the cow store item) into tofu (the way that milk can be turned into cheese)?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:05 AM
WOW! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:41 AM
OMG,OMG, OMG. Make my day, will ya! I'm excited.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildGirlSim
Now my zombie apocalypse is complete Thanks

LOL, yes my walking dead crew can now live on canned meals, preferably not made at Terminus. Maybe I should request a carol's cookies custom food with a beet ingredient?
Page 2 of 9