Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#351 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:09 AM
Quote:
•No bowling alley, sorry. We wanted to change up a few things for Late Night.

How is leaving stuff out the same as changing things up?
So this probably means they're leaving out the poker table, too.

Quote:
•No microphone. We have piano, drums, bass, and of course, still the guitar.

So the only type bands we'll be having are instrumental bands. Guess there goes battle of the bands, raves, etc.

Quote:
•Really awesome furniture. our concept team went all out this time. You will love being a celebrity in our comfy new digs.

Translation: Prior to release, we'll be taking out 50% of the new furniture because it's just too awesome to be in one expansion.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#352 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:10 AM
"@TheSims3 I hope you're aware that a patch broke the ability of lamps to spread light to floors above (outdoors). Please fix it!
10 minutes ago via web"

That was hilarious. Let's see if it gets fixed.
Theorist
#353 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:11 AM
No DJ turntables.
I mean, what.......oh maaaaaan.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#354 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:11 AM
...and no goofball bloodsuckers - they're cool, modern and awesome. Yeah!!

...Titanium white...
Top Secret Researcher
#355 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:12 AM
So...dance floors, night clubs and no DJs? Just big stereos or only live bands? Seems rather weird. I would think DJs would be really easy for them.
Field Researcher
#356 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
No DJ turntables.
I mean, what.......oh maaaaaan.

Seriously?

Are we getting any new electronics for music, then? We have three right now.

Field Researcher
#357 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:13 AM
Sorry I'm posting so much, but this is keeping me busy. But, one thing they mentioned...

NO DJ BOOTHS?? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? CLUBS ARE ALL ABOUT DJS AND STUFF. GODDDD D':

AND NO SPIRAL STAIRCASES?? these tweets are depressing me more and more.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Lab Assistant
#358 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:16 AM
I want to know If they will fix the relationship bar dynamics.
Forum Resident
#359 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
you can get mugged on the subway :p

Correction: You enter the Subway Rabbithole, and a little notification box SAYS you've been mugged. You won't see the actual mugging.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Correction: You enter the Subway Rabbithole, and a little notification box SAYS you've been mugged. You won't see the actual mugging.

I assumed so. its the same with the bears.

Edit: Learned somthing new!
In Ambitions we added the ability to exit CAS as Fiancees, Boyfriend/Girlfriend. Check it out.

Didn' know that. I usually start with just one sim, or siblings, so thats prolly why. :3
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo

heh, I bet it says something like an evil subway gnome stole your purse, or that you were trampled by zombie-illamas.
Field Researcher
#362 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
Sorry I'm posting so much, but this is keeping me busy. But, one thing they mentioned...

NO DJ BOOTHS?? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? CLUBS ARE ALL ABOUT DJS AND STUFF. GODDDD D':

AND NO SPIRAL STAIRCASES?? these tweets are depressing me more and more.

I hope people are protesting against the no DJ booths thing.

'Cause suddenly, my opinion of this EP just plummeted.

They aren't doing DJ booths, which are a staple of every club. And this is a club EP. So if they're half-assing something that's the central theme of the EP, that means they're probably half-assing everything else, too.

Theorist
#363 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
So effectively we're not even getting nightclubs then without DJ's?
Concert halls would be a better description.
Tsk tsk tsk EA. Whatever next, a seasons EP without rain?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Banned
#364 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:25 AM
I love how even when there's tons of awesome stuff, people let one stupid thing ruin everything.

You can build pools on whatever floor you want and live in a skyscraper and go to work as a movie star by way of teleportation disguised as a subway and hang out at the club after work while playing guitar on a stage with a bubble blower, but no DJ? Well hell, we better go kill ourselves, life is clearly not worth living.

It's not that big of a deal. Focus on the positives.
Lab Assistant
#365 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:26 AM
There's a new Teen Celebrity part time job only available to children of celebs.
Field Researcher
#366 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Achromagus
I love how even when there's tons of awesome stuff, people let one stupid thing ruin everything.

You can build pools on whatever floor you want and live in a skyscraper and go to work as a movie star by way of teleportation disguised as a subway and hang out at the club after work while playing guitar on a stage with a bubble blower, but no DJ? Well hell, we better go kill ourselves, life is clearly not worth living.

No, it is a big deal.

This EP is focused around partying. Going to clubs.

What, are one of those two tile stereos supposed to be enough to fill a club of 20+ people? No, that's going to look stupid.

Field Researcher
#367 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Achromagus

You are correct, and that's the way I'm trying to think. But seriously, DJ's are a sure thing in almost every bar or club you see in real life. This is a night-club specific expansion, but they're leaving out the most exciting and cool thing about clubs. But what you mentioned up there is completely true.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Forum Resident
#368 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:32 AM
I dont think he's gonna answer the DJ question. I have asked 20 times now.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#369 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:32 AM
I am full out spamming my question now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#370 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:33 AM
theres a fountain tool O.O
Lab Assistant
#371 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:35 AM
And now it wont let me submit anymore... >:/
Field Researcher
#372 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:36 AM
Even though some things have dissapointed me lately, and I'm not getting what I truly wanted, when I get this EP I'm still gonna jizz my pants in complete epicness. This EP by FAR is going to be one of the best. Just because I'm not getting what I wanted, is not going to make it not good.

-GLaDOS
Banned
#373 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
No, it is a big deal.

This EP is focused around partying. Going to clubs.

What, are one of those two tile stereos supposed to be enough to fill a club of 20+ people? No, that's going to look stupid.

Can you show me where Grant states that there will be no new ways to listen to music? I don't think you can.

Also, please note that we've known for at least a week that, at the very least, there will be wall speakers. I dunno about you, but most bar clubs I've seen...don't have a DJ. Speakers are enough, as long as there's a dance floor.

theres a fountain tool O.O

Any specifics on that? I wonder if it's for pools or ponds, or if it's a fountain Styler- like in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. You could set up different water effects to play for different durations in whatever order you wanted.
Test Subject
#374 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Yes but since when do vampires not die in the sun? MAJOR disappointment for me

As long as they burn and become horribly disfigured, it's fine with me.
A shame about bloodlines though.
Top Secret Researcher
#375 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:39 AM
I think the big deal about the DJ is that if we don't get it now, we are never going to get it. This is a Late Night EP so it should have items that make sense for that EP.
Page 15 of 95