Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#14551 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
You can definitely participate on your Simblr.

Ah okay. I only asked because I don't want to cause any trouble for not signing up for the actual challenge.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#14552 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:35 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 27th Jul 2018 at 10:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I think the 'hat' chemistry might be one of those glitchy ones that doesn't work properly. Or is it custom hair? I can't remember, I'm sorry.

Is there a way within SimPE to change the category of multiple objects at the same time?

@mdsb759

I am not sure about Hats, but according to tunaisafish in his documentation on his fix_attractiontraits mod custom hair is broken. I think hats works though.

Me I use the fix_attractiontraits_alien version works great and I have this one as I have a lot of Aliens.

What you can do is make a Sim that has a turn on of Hats and another one that has a turn off of Hats and then look at the Chemistry in game using Cyjon's CJ-Debugger Mod, it is the one that looks like a pizza box, and you can check to see what the Chemistry is between Sims is in the game. Change their outfits and then look to see if there was a change or change the turn on/offs and then check, which ever seems easier.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#14553 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 4:01 PM
I used to use tunaisafish's attractiontraits mod, but I've since switched to one by Simler90. This one replaces several Maxis attraction traits with new ones (Young Adult replaces Custom Hair, Aliens replaces Full Face Makeup, etc.)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=609675
Alchemist
#14554 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 28th Jul 2018 at 9:44 PM.
Easiest, and most elegant, way to stop bin sims from appearing in game? I have a couple of CAS sims that were ONLY created to serve as models in SimPE for SimSurgery, to change the skins of some sims already in the game to a custom skin. They were never meant to be played. I left them in the bin, but now one of the playables has brought one home from school. The mutant is named MaleSkinnyEyesGenieSkin BinModel. Ugh. I'd rather not have a prison in this tiny, very tightly-knit hood and definitely don't want him haunting anyone. Other suggestions?
Undead Molten Llama
#14555 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:13 PM
Put them on a lot and kill them. Immediately move the grave to another lot, like a community-lot cemetery. If you don't allow the ghost to generate before moving the grave to a community lot, the ghost will never appear. Or, if you think you might need them again for experimentation or whatever, you can move them to an empty lot somewhere, and given them a prisoner token. (It's at Simlogical, in her prison mod stuff, but you don't have to have a prison to use the token. Just put it in their inventory.) Any Sim with a prisoner token in their inventory cannot appear off their home lot, including being brought home from school/work.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#14556 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:32 PM
You can also put the prisoner token in his inventory and townify him. I've done it before; you can still call them, but if they show up anywhere they vanish right away. You can remove the relationships in SimPE if any showed up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14557 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:51 PM
I would put a tiny 1 by 1 lot someplace, stick the sims you don't want showing up on there with a prisoner tag in inventory. I would also check to make sure they did not have a job (so can't be brought home as a workmate) I am wondering why the model is a kid? I would age them up so they can't come home as schoolmates.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14558 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:50 AM
Be sure you use the prisoner TAG (looks like a CD) not the prisoner TOKEN. They are two different things with two different functions. The TAG is what you use with the Visitor Controller for banning sims from community lots. The TOKEN is only useful on a prison lot if you're actually playing a prison (used to assign cells, etc.)
Alchemist
#14559 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would put a tiny 1 by 1 lot someplace, stick the sims you don't want showing up on there with a prisoner tag in inventory. I would also check to make sure they did not have a job (so can't be brought home as a workmate) I am wondering why the model is a kid? I would age them up so they can't come home as schoolmates.

These are all great suggestions. I'll check out the prisoner token. It's always sounded so heartless, I never checked it out before. :P
He was a teen because the sim I was modifying was a teen. I tried in the past to do simsurgery across age lines and it didn't always seem to work.

You can also put the prisoner token in his inventory and townify him. I've done it before; you can still call them, but if they show up anywhere they vanish right away. You can remove the relationships in SimPE if any showed up.

Interesting, what's your weapon of choice to townify?

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
If you don't allow the ghost to generate before moving the grave to a community lot, the ghost will never appear.

Good to know, thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Be sure you use the prisoner TAG (looks like a CD) not the prisoner TOKEN. They are two different things with two different functions. The TAG is what you use with the Visitor Controller for banning sims from community lots. The TOKEN is only useful on a prison lot if you're actually playing a prison (used to assign cells, etc.)

Oh, thanks! I had no idea!

Ok, I've looked at the TAG, but... it works with VC, right? Which I do use, but will I have to tell every VC on every lot not to allow prisoners? Because if I'm going to do that, I could just tell the VC not to allow this specific model sim family.
Mad Poster
#14560 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:00 AM
I usually use Inge's teleporter, though I've used the SimBlender as well.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14561 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:03 AM
I usually use Inge's teleporter, though I've used the SimBlender as well.

It's occurring to me that if I townify him, I could also use VC against townies, which, in this hood, is mostly done, anyway, or if I can turn him into something less common, like a downtownie, it would definitely work. Hmmm, so many options. Though, I'd rather he just stay in the bin where he belongs!
Mad Poster
#14562 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:04 AM
I was rather amused when Samantha Ottomas escaped the townie bin multiple times. Especially since she was heavily pregnant and shouldn't have been into work anyways.

Alchemist
#14563 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:12 AM
Ok, I think I came up with a happier solution, but then I think I messed up.

I decided there's no reason to trap or kill them. I definitely don't need them to be models, because the sims I needed them to be models for are now their duplicates. Iow, the playables are the models now. So I moved them onto a vacant lot, aged them up, changed their relationship to each other, bought them new clothes, then turned them into downtownies. All great. Set them freeeeeeeeeeeee! Into the wild my little birdies! Flyyyyyyyyyy! Then...

Ooops, I forgot that I shouldn't make them both townies on the lot when they are alone there, so they both went unselectable and the game... well, I don't know what the game does with that. I have a backup of the hood I made right before all this. Should I restore and do it over with a sim on the lot before they are downtownified or is it fine the way it is?
Mad Poster
#14564 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:17 AM
It's okay to make them townies if they're the last Sims on the lot. Just save and exit to the neighbourhood. I think it'll leave all the furniture behind so if you want to use the lot in another hood you'll need to clean the Sim references.

Personally when I'm making custom townies (or pets for the adoption pool) I just drop them into my orphanage and townify them from there.

Mad Poster
#14565 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:17 AM
No, that'll be fine. Just save and quit and the next time you enter that lot, it'll be empty.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#14566 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:21 AM
Thanks, guys. Yes, the lot was empty. I just bulldozed it. However, then it occurred to me. What happens if I make them downtownies (cuz they ain't from around here, ya know)? But the hood doesn't have a downtown attached. Does the game care about that?
Mad Poster
#14567 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:22 AM
Most likely they just won't have a chance to show up, unless you're using a mod that enables downtownies to appear on any lot.

Alchemist
#14568 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 4:34 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM.
Most likely they just won't have a chance to show up, unless you're using a mod that enables downtownies to appear on any lot.

Well, that's perfect then. They are both free and gone.

My idea now is skip the killing and trapping altogether and simply make the sims downtownies or university sims or whatever you are NOT using in that hood. I think they might just "move away" and leave you alone then as far as the game is concerned. Seems a very simple, elegant solution. Hmmmmm. More testing....
Mad Poster
#14569 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Ok, I've looked at the TAG, but... it works with VC, right? Which I do use, but will I have to tell every VC on every lot not to allow prisoners? Because if I'm going to do that, I could just tell the VC not to allow this specific model sim family.

As far as I can tell, the VC detects the prisoner tag automatically and should ban tagged prisoners on its own without you having to set anything. All you should have to do is put the tags in their inventories.
Forum Resident
#14570 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:10 AM
I wonder how many townies you need to make from a totally clean hood for it to function?
I’ve a little side project beside my main hood that I play for fun to test out mods and such but right now i’m Trying to do more than just having it being a test hood. I want to make it a fully functional hood. Being in reminder that I have a mod there disable the spawn of new townies on it’s own - meaning I have to make every townie for there to even be any.

Anyway, I just wonder how many townies I need to make O3O

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#14571 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:14 AM
There's some members here with neighbourhoods that have no townies whatsoever. (Not sure about service Sims, though.)

Mad Poster
#14572 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:53 PM
If you have empty templates installed, you do have the NPC's spawn automatically, according to how many you need. That includes the nanny, etc. You don't need to make townies but you do have to make playables for them to spawn.

"Townies" being those pixels that have no discernible value to the game. They're not NPC's and they're not place holders. Like in an unmodded neighborhood such as PV, there's Tasha Go and her little friends. Those are townies.

I have empty templates in my game and they spawn only the NPC's when I made the playables.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Undead Molten Llama
#14573 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

It seems you've decided to townify, but for future reference, you don't have to use the Visitor Controller with the prisoner tag/token/kumquat. It'll work with or without the VC. I'm not sure why that's even mentioned on Inge's prison page. Only thing I can think of is that with earlier versions of the VC you did have to have one on every lot for the tag/token/kumquat to work right. If that's right, then the VC's probably since been updated to globally ban prisoner tags without having to specifically ban, same way Crumplebottom is globally banned unless you override it to allow her on a lot. In any case, I certainly don't have a VC on every lot I play (only on specialized community lots where I want a specific clientele), and "prisoners" never show up. I use the tag/token/kumquat extensively in my Air Force neighborhood, with military-pixels who are "on deployment." Can't have 'em wandering around community lots when they're supposed to be in Afghanistan or something. None of the deployed Sims have ever showed up on a community lot unless I forgot to give them a tag/token/kumquat before transporting them to the deployment lot, and none of those lots have a VC on them.

Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I wonder how many townies you need to make from a totally clean hood for it to function?

You don't have to have any townies at all. You DO need to have some NPCs -- newspaper/mail delivery, cashiers at community lots, any service Sims you hire, etc. -- but the game will generate those as needed. You don't have to have any townies at all, if you don't want them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Alchemist
#14574 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:33 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I’ve a little side project beside my main hood that I play for fun to test out mods and such but right now i’m Trying to do more than just having it being a test hood. I want to make it a fully functional hood. Being in reminder that I have a mod there disable the spawn of new townies on it’s own - meaning I have to make every townie for there to even be any.

Anyway, I just wonder how many townies I need to make O3O

That's a good question. As was said, you don't need any, technically, because NPCs spawn, anyway. Like, I have a totally empty, clean hood where I put one CAS sim, and i have all the mods to prevent regen, spawning, etc., but as soon as the newspaper came, the carrier was spawned. As soon as the CAS sim went to a community lot, the Unsavory Charlatan spawned. (I might have been able to stop those if I'd thought about it beforehand, but I didn't.)

However, the traffic continues to flow and you have to wonder who the heck is driving around in those cars when all humanity has been annihilated except for these three poor souls?! So, I take the question to be, how many townies are needed as a minimum to make the hood look like it's not post-apocalyptic? For me, it's probably some number proportionate to the number of playables. I do like to have some strangers wandering about as "extras" in my stories, bit players.... Maybe one townie for every 3-4 playables? What I really do, though, is not make townies, rather I make a few playables that occupy unimportant houses, but I never play them. They are just extras, like delivery man #1 or neighbor #2 in a sitcom.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
It seems you've decided to townify, but for future reference, you don't have to use the Visitor Controller with the prisoner tag/token/kumquat. It'll work with or without the VC. I'm not sure why that's even mentioned on Inge's prison page. Only thing I can think of is that with earlier versions of the VC you did have to have one on every lot for the tag/token/kumquat to work right. If that's right, then the VC's probably since been updated to globally ban prisoner tags without having to specifically ban, same way Crumplebottom is globally banned unless you override it to allow her on a lot.

That's good to know. It must work independently, then, because I don't think VC does anything globally, I mean, if you don't have an object. Does it?

I am rather liking my idea of simply making unwanted sims into some type of university or downtownie sim where I don't have attached unis or downtown... anyone see any potential problem with this idea?

EDIT: Curious about this idea, I checked SimPE and, sure enough, the sims that I made into downtownies are now the only sims in that hood that have the Family Instance of 0x7FFC, which, I believe is the instance for Downtownies. Now I just need to know if downtownies ever show up in a game that has no attached downtown. Certainly, I never see university sims, but not sure about downtown ones.
Undead Molten Llama
#14575 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:59 PM
The game WILL generate the needed NPCs; I don't think you can stop it from doing so and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try. What you CAN do is ban them from the lots with the Visitor Controller. Don't want a newpaper/bills for whatever reason? Ban mail and newspaper delivery with the Visitor Controller. (The NPCs will still generate, but they'll be zapped away from lots as soon as they appear on them.) Don't want carpools and their driver? Tweak all the careers so that there are no carpools and Sims have to walk to work (assuming you have that ability in your game). Don't want school buses? Use the sign included with Inge's school system and have kids walk to school. (Or homeschool 'em) Don't want cars zipping around in neighborhood view? There's a mod for that. Don't want stuff delivered and delivery NPCs? Don't do anything that requires a delivery. Don't want NPC cashiers? Don't have unowned community lots. Have them be owned (by someone; doesn't have to be someone you actually play) and have the owner hire playables as cashiers. Then, the NPC cashiers will never generate. Don't hire any service Sims. Etc. Basically, there's all sorts of things you can do to eliminate NPCs if you don't want them around. The game will still generate some of them, yes, but like I said, it's probably not a good idea to stop it from doing so, even if it's possible. (I know you probably know most/all of this, Sunrader; I'm just speaking in general terms. )

Pretty much the only NPC you can't get rid of in some way is the burglar. There is a sign that will ban them from residential lots so they can't burglarize homes; I use it sometimes, in certain situations. Still, they walk by my businesses all the time. Technically, you CAN stop them from doing that by having a VC on every lot and banning the burglar specifically by name on each of them....but for me, that's too much like work.

Me, I don't bother to give "townies" houses, though. If I don't generate townies in an empty neighboorhood using that townie gun thing, then I'll often "import" dormies from an attached uni -- any that my students befriend during their college years. I just teleport them to my "adjustment lot" (which is a lot owned by, usually, my neighborhood's gravekeeper), then grow them up to adults, then make them townies. Then, I age them along with their friends and kill them when their playable friends dies. It means that townies aren't just random people. They're already friends of the playables and often have personalities that are known to me. They're still "extras," but they're a little more personable than random strangers. It really adds to the "immersion," for me.

Page 583 of 1339