Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:04 AM Last edited by vampiresam9097 : 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:08 AM. Reason: adding information
Default How to open the .pyo files?
I'm snooping around the game files, and I installed python so I could view the actual files, but whenever I try to open them, I get an error message that disappears in not even a second. I have no idea how to work python anymore, it's been years, so I have no idea what to do/how to open the files/etc.

EDIT: I managed to capture a screenshot of the error
"RunTimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file"
Any idea what that means?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:34 AM
Moving to Modding discussion. Please post in Create with such questions as this is not a game issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:56 PM
Sorry, I didn't know the Help discussion was limited to just gameplay stuff
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:02 PM
No problem – now you know! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 9:45 AM
Anyone know?
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:09 PM
That error means you're using the wrong version of Python - PYC/PYO files are only usable on the version of Python they were created with. I believe 3.3 is the correct version for the Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hawkheart
That error means you're using the wrong version of Python - PYC/PYO files are only usable on the version of Python they were created with. I believe 3.3 is the correct version for the Sims 4.

Nope, still getting the same problem, except this time it's not even displaying a message. I get a console and then it crashes.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:00 AM
Why don't they release python source files? this game was supposed to be mod friendly, am i right?