Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 2:43 AM
Default Tuning the Slablet
Advice on Tuning the Slablet
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if you could give me a little advice on tuning a slablet.
What I've done is created some slabet covers so that the poor little simmers out there won't keep getting theirs mixed up with other members in their households. I ATTEMPTED to take it a step further and tune the TuningID's. I successfully added the writing skill, and all the features that I think a slablet should perform just like a computer. I especially love the option to be able to buy books and order parts. However, I lost the mobility of the slablet and it "binds" to the desktop. Is there a "workaround" to gain it's mobility and option to be placed back into an individuals inventory?
Thank you for any advice or help.

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 3:01 AM
What exactly did you do when you say "tune the TuningID's"? If you just use the computer tuning instead of the tablet one, that will mean ALL of that tuning .. including posture/surface requirements and everything.

To add individual features you would need to make your own tuning resource, i.e. clone it from the original tablet one and then step by step add in your additional features but leave the original animations intact. This can be quite hairy.

The purchasing options are very simple though, as they have no animations and I think they're on the top level of the pie menu too -- all you need to do for that to work is add their IDs into the super_affordances list of your tablet tuning.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What exactly did you do when you say "tune the TuningID's"? If you just use the computer tuning instead of the tablet one, that will mean ALL of that tuning .. including posture/surface requirements and everything.

To add individual features you would need to make your own tuning resource, i.e. clone it from the original tablet one and then step by step add in your additional features but leave the original animations intact. This can be quite hairy.

The purchasing options are very simple though, as they have no animations and I think they're on the top level of the pie menu too -- all you need to do for that to work is add their IDs into the super_affordances list of your tablet tuning.

Thank you very much for this. You're right, I did ALL the tuning. I'm to give this a second shot.

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:59 AM
Take a look at my updated notebook if you want -- I got all the features to work yesterday, and it's quite similar in that it also has (some) computer interactions but with different animations.

One thing you might also want to look into would be ownability, perhaps? I don't know much about it, only that it is tuneable -- since you write "so that the poor little simmers out there won't keep getting theirs mixed up with other members in their households" that might be a useful feature for you =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.