Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Airieko : 10th Oct 2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Table image not showing.
Modding Help - Buff and Trait Factory - Enemies with Benefits
By way of introduction to this thread, I was reading Carl's Sims 4 Romance Guide for ideas on how to approach my new Romance sim. Among the tons of helpful information, I came across this table:

Of note, if the sims' friendship is -100 to -70, and their romance is 50-100, the relationship is titled Enemies with Benefits, with the description, "I hate you...but I must have you!"

I love this concept very much. It gives me a reason to finally use some of those rude interactions. Here's the mod help request:

I'd like to do more with Enemies with Benefits. I'm imagining a brand new buff which I'd create in the Buff and Trait factory called Reluctance. Reluctance would be defined as the emotion a Sim would feel when their desires conflict with their reason, specifically of course with regards to hating someone and wanting to WooHoo with them. It would make them angry and embarrassed and flirty all at the same time when it triggers.

What I need help with is figuring out how to trigger it. How do I create a buff that only occurs when the enemy is present, and ideally only when said enemy begins trying to flirt with the reluctant sim?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:06 AM
The buff itself would be created normally. To trigger it you would need to edit the XML for the flirt interaction to assign the buff to the target if the conditions you set are correct (romantic enemies). Should be pretty simple, but would have to be done outside of the BATF.