Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Object errors
My main foundation family was jamming (4 characters) when suddenly no sound. Then I noticed that some of them could not use the karaoke. I turned on SimPE debug and found object errors. I have been playing this game, now into 4 generations. Error: Hit point Primitive. Iterations:177.

Using HugeLunitic Low Key Karaoke machine.
This is a large lot with pool, hot tub, large victorian house, 2 story, garage garden, garage etc.
Help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:37 PM
Any mods you recently installed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:09 PM
Default Object errors
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Any mods you recently installed?

I added a kitchen cabinet mod by torrox that allows object placement within the slots. Would that cause this?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:55 PM
Although furniture, clothing, hair and such can cause changes in game behaviour when installed (even though they shouldn't) and it's good that you mentioned it, on Sims 2 fora people in general mean 'files that cause a change in the behaviour and functioning of the game' with 'mods' not other pieces of custom content (like furniture, make-up, floors, hair).
So, I think you mean you have a cabinet by Torrox that has slots in it (so you can actually place something in/on the cabinet)? That's fairly normal for object creators to do and shouldn't be the cause of the errors, but it's possible,
Have you tried the 50/50 method?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:12 PM
Dnsouthldy, in the sims 2 community mods means hacks, not things like clothing, furniture etc, those other items like the Torrox sets are simply called 'CC or Custom Content".

To check if it's a mod, make a backup, remove your mods folder (if your mods are in one subfolder) Test play the lot. If your mods are not in their own folder the 50/50 will need to be done. This means testing with your download folder pulled to desktop (does it happen CC free?) Then half of your download folder then the other half and so on. The test run with no cc will determine if your issue is caused by a mod or some CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:21 PM
Maybe the modded karaoke machine is causing some problems. Try taking it out from your Download folder (remove it from the lot before saving) and see if that helps. Any other mods or modded items that touch upon karaoke, music or similar could also be a good idea to move out.

If this gets rid of the problem (have debug mode on when testing), then slowly move back in the mods/items. If the game starts throwing errors again, the last added items are a likely cause.

If that doesn't help in finding the problem, you'll probably have to do a 50/50 search.

Keep in mind that even if the errors happen when sims are using the karaoke machine, the problem could be somewhere else. Some items can happily play along in the background, and hten suddenly start throwing errors because of a recently added mod/hack or other item.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:44 AM
Default Problem solved
Quote: Originally posted by Dnsouthldy
My main foundation family was jamming (4 characters) when suddenly no sound. Then I noticed that some of them could not use the karaoke. I turned on SimPE debug and found object errors. I have been playing this game, now into 4 generations. Error: Hit point Primitive. Iterations:177.

Using HugeLunitic Low Key Karaoke machine.
This is a large lot with pool, hot tub, large victorian house, 2 story, garage garden, garage etc.
Help

I ended up running Delphy's search for orphans
and deleted all of them. Then added back the slave recolors that I knew were no problems. Then ran the checker for corruption, not that I really know how to use that yet. I am not sure exactly what it was, but know it was not caused by the karaoke or the cabinetry by Torrox , and by the way I most humbly apologize to everyone as I had no intention to hurt or slander anyone. I use both of their items and love them.

I have used Delphys Organizer for years, and yes, I do use folders trying to separate as much as I can, though I have some questions about Scriptorium, which, if I cannot find answers, I will ask about another time. Thank you very much for your help.
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:13 AM
What did you need to know about Scriptorium?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:22 AM
Scriptorium makes installing things like stairs easy. It sends the file to the correct place without you having to find the area manually.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:53 AM
Default Scriptorium
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
What did you need to know about Scriptorium?

I was not sure which files needed to go there. Then found the read me file which I had misplaced and re-read it. Much clearer now! Thanks.