Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:10 AM
INFP. I am a little disturbed that I got 91% introvert...I wouldn't consider myself that much of an introvert! I do prefer to be by myself or with close friends, but generally I do make the effort to socialize with people, even if I do have to force myself to do so some of the time!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:17 AM
ISTJ

82% Introvert
76% Sensing
90% Thinking
81% Judging

"Serious and quiet, interest in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interest in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hardworking, you work steadily towards identified goals. You can usually accomplish any task once you have set your mind to it."

I can be extremely lazy and sloppish

Apparently ISTJ is the most common type. Maybe I am less weird than I'd thought.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
I'm thinking you guys should look at a different sites description because that one seems a bit sparse on the details.

http://typelogic.com/
That one has good descriptions.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Decent test.

Thanks for that, the description did make sense. In fact, it was downright scary. INFP This time. I still don't remember what it was last time. I took the test years ago at the second site you referenced and can only come back to the middle letters: NF. But INFP sounds like it might have been what I got before, although a friend thought I should probably be a INFJ. I think, frankly, I waffle. But I guess, overall, it makes sense. I'd like to see other tests for this. I couldn't do the one on Excel, because I don't have Excel.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:45 AM
82% Extravert
52% Sensing
52% Thinking
52% Perceiving

"Friendly, adaptable, action-oriented. Focused on immediate results. Living in the here-and-now, you live a fast-paced lifestyle, impatient with long explanations. Extremely loyal to your peers, but not usually respectful of laws and rules if they get in the way of you getting things done. Great people skills."

I'd say that's pretty accurate, unfortunately.

Animal Lover, Athletic, Excitable, Flirty, Hot-Headed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoeberg
INFP. I am a little disturbed that I got 91% introvert...I wouldn't consider myself that much of an introvert! I do prefer to be by myself or with close friends, but generally I do make the effort to socialize with people, even if I do have to force myself to do so some of the time!

Introverted in MBTI means that socializing draws on your energy instead of replenishes it. And that you feel more at ease when you get to have time alone every once and awhile. It doesn't mean you are a hermit or anything like that.
Alchemist
#31 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:04 AM
this may or may not be shocking, but i am (an?) INTJ.

ive known it for a while.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#32 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:31 AM
I've taken the test several times over the last couple of decades. I flip between being an INTP and INTJ, depending on how aggravated I am at the moment I think. In my twenties I even sometimes popped out an ENTP, but I think that was a factor of having tons of roommates, a steady stream of girlfriends, and going out a dizzying, unhealthy amount. The NT is always consistent and consistently in the 90 percentiles.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:49 AM Last edited by Darby : 13th Dec 2011 at 6:23 AM.
When I took it about a year and a half ago, I got INFP. Taking it again just now, INFJ.
Breakdown:
100% Introvert
62% iNtuitive
57% Feeling
57% Judging
This makes me an idealist "Counselor", at least at this moment, whereas before, I was a "Healer". (And I'm sure one time I was one tick away from being an INTJ Mastermind.)

I suspect that however many times I take this test, I'll always come out Introverted and iNtuitive, but Feeling/Thinking and Judging/Perceiving might flip back and forth, depending on how I interpret the questions (mood, even?) at any given time.

Not a perfect test, but fun and potentially useful.

ETA:
Introverted in MBTI means that socializing draws on your energy instead of replenishes it. And that you feel more at ease when you get to have time alone every once and awhile. It doesn't mean you are a hermit or anything like that.

Someone disagreed with this, and I'm curious as to why. As a confirmed introvert, I TOTALLY understand what Elyasis means with regard to socializing being more of a drain than an energizer for introverts. It's not that I'm particularly shy (I used to be), or that I can't talk to people, or even that I can't comfortably be the center of attention now and then. I can, and I enjoy it. But, I will seldom, if ever compete for the spotlight, and I DO have to have considerable alone time to recharge. That can make me feel like I have hermit-like tendencies, but I know myself well enough that three days alone in my house with friends just down the street available to talk to at any time feels much different than three days alone in a cabin in the woods with NO prospect of company would feel. Definitely not true hermit material, for all that I tested 100% introspective.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:36 AM
I remember back in school I took a test and got ESTP. Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving.

http://typelogic.com/estp.html

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 7:39 AM
I've gotten INFP every time I've taken this test although my introvert score seems to lessen as I get older.
Scholar
#36 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Someone disagreed with this, and I'm curious as to why. As a confirmed introvert, I TOTALLY understand what Elyasis means with regard to socializing being more of a drain than an energizer for introverts. It's not that I'm particularly shy (I used to be), or that I can't talk to people, or even that I can't comfortably be the center of attention now and then. I can, and I enjoy it. But, I will seldom, if ever compete for the spotlight, and I DO have to have considerable alone time to recharge. That can make me feel like I have hermit-like tendencies, but I know myself well enough that three days alone in my house with friends just down the street available to talk to at any time feels much different than three days alone in a cabin in the woods with NO prospect of company would feel. Definitely not true hermit material, for all that I tested 100% introspective.

Meh. Maybe some people are hermits. Everybody's different in this rainbow tapestry we call life.

I'm introverted myself, at least most of the time and I'd much prefer not talking to people from a position of power, or being the center of attention. That's not to say I don't like people, I just have to pump myself up to deal with tons of them. And talking on the phone makes me really nervous. My close friends and family usually aren't a problem- I really enjoy being around them and miss them when they're gone. But still- I can't be around people 24-7. I really need quite a bit of time alone. I could happily live for a few weeks alone in a cabin with no prospect of company, then when I got back I'd probably hang out with a good friend for a while. People are all different.

~*fEeLiNgS*~

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Scholar
#37 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:19 PM
I'm probably a little strange as far as introverts go, because I find groups of more than 2-3 other people very draining, to the point that I tend to sit quietly while everyone else socializes around me, but on the other hand, if I am completely alone for more than a handful of hours, I get really lonely. For example, if my roommate isn't in the room when I'm going to bed, it tends to make me feel pretty lonely. When I spent Thanksgiving break alone in my dorm, hoping to study, I ended up being so distressed by being alone that I got very little done. I can't do the "sitting alone in my room for several days to recharge" thing because I really need social interaction much more frequently than that. I just need more intimate interaction, involving 1-2 other people in a setting where I feel comfortable enough to speak freely about whatever is on my mind.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:37 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 14th Dec 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Hasn't there been some controversy about forcing employees to take this test?
I took the test once and I was INFP, although F was 52%. And some of the description I just read about INFP is like me - something about struggling with ethical perfection. But other things weren't - I definitely don't try to see the good in everything and everybody - quite the opposite. Edit: By which I mean, I also don't try to see the bad in everybody - seeing the good in people who might appear to be bad is like sticking a kick me sign on your butt.
If you're young and you're trying to define and understand yourself, this test might be a useful tool, but, if you're older, you already know what you're like, so it's not that interesting.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:42 AM
I'd like to hear from MTS members on their type and see if I guess anyone accurately.
So, whatd'ya think? Have the answers matched what you predicted?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 8:49 AM
Remember kids, F stands for failure.

Since I first took the test three years ago, I have consistently scored as an INTP/J, and I have been sliding into more of a J year by year. It's a fairly minor difference, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 4:43 PM
F stands for fantastic

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
#42 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 5:07 PM
F stands for Fatal Flaw. What are feelings but a weakness to be manipulated? Muahahaha!
Scholar
#43 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 6:24 PM
F stands for ffffuun.

Just kidding, it stands for fuckingamazingyoudon'tevenknowhowmuchbetterFisthanT.

dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Field Researcher
#44 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 9:17 PM
i love stuff like this I am

Introvert (91%)
Sensing (86%)
Thinking (52%)
Judging (86%)
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
So, whatd'ya think? Have the answers matched what you predicted?

For the people I have seen more of (Oaktree, Mistermook, SuicidiaParidia) I was pretty certain they were some kind of NT as I recognized them as being very much like me in some respects. Even when we have a difference of opinion I can usually see where they are coming from. Then again, the Debate Room is almost impossible to avoid for people like that. Haha! 'Can't resist, must post reasoned arguments.'

For others I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote: Originally posted by pare321
Meh. Maybe some people are hermits. Everybody's different in this rainbow tapestry we call life.

What I meant is that it doesn't mean that you must be a hermit. I guess I didn't explain that very well.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:43 PM
I'm noticing here the whole human need to compete thing which is very interesting - as in, for example, 'T' is superior to 'F'.
Scholar
#47 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:48 PM
meh. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say that at least four of those people in the little T vs. F argument up there weren't serious.

dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Mad Poster
#48 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
meh. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say that at least four of those people in the little T vs. F argument up there weren't serious.

Oh, yeah, neither was I.
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 8:02 AM
T vs F isn't as big of a divide as E vs I.

I have a lot of problems relating with extroverts. It's something I'm working on so that it's easier for me to not get harangued for the slightest of things (not wanting to go to loud parties). But it doesn't seem to me that they make the same amount of effort (leave me alone to think already).
Scholar
#50 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:25 PM
Extroverts aren't all annoying. My best friend/roommate is definitely an extrovert and she understands that I'm not always going to enjoy large groups. If it looks like I'm shutting down around a bunch of people, she'll try to strike up a one-on-one conversation with me so that I have some involvement without being inundated with it. And she's cool with it when I'm not feeling up to interacting with friends she's brought over. I just excuse myself with some homework and everything's fine. I try to be accommodating to her, as well. I pretty much don't care how often she brings friends over. I try not to run off with homework every time people are over. It's not all a matter of accommodation, though. I do like some of her friends and enjoy hanging out with them. And she gets annoyed by some of the shallow people who end up in her social circles and sometimes she just needs to get away from them.

I think it really depends on the individual. Thoughtfulness is not a trait reserved to either introverts or extroverts, nor is thoughtlessness. Some extroverts don't make the effort to understand introverts, some do. In the same way, some introverts make the effort to understand extroverts, while others need to put more work into it.
Page 2 of 3