Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 10:40 AM Last edited by whiterider : 8th Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM.
Default Showtime is out! Read this before Simporting. ;)
Lights...Camera...Action!! SHOWTIME

6 March is release day (well, for none-Europe at least - Europe has to wait until 9th March)

Yay - another EP. But first - before you install, we would like to remind you to prepare your modded game for the new EP.

Follow this handy guide Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansionwiki

Not bought it yet? If you have not yet bought/pre-ordered the Showtime EP please consider buying the EP through our Amazon link - it's an easy way to help MTS stay on line.

MTS Amazon Store

The Sims 3: Showtime - Katy Perry Collector's Editionhttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=...=1&a=B0050SYZX0
The Sims 3: Showtime - Limited Edition

The Sims 3: Showtime - Limited Edition - AMAZON UK

The Sims 3: Showtime - Katy Perry Collector's Edition - AMAZON UK

Awww, I can't wait that long....
Are you outside North America but want to try the social features NOW?
Just download the latest patch Patch_Download/Current

New Info!
Well, SHT has been out long enough now that folks have had a good chance to muck about with it. The new simport feature seems very cool. But there are some things to bear in mind when using it!

Surprise surprise, when one of your friends sends you a sim via Simport, any CC on that sim will end up in your game permanently. Word is that EA are planning a patch to prevent this shortly, but until that arrives, here's an easy way to avoid getting stuck with any broken or unwanted CC:
  • Before receiving a sim via Simport, backup your DCCache folder! This contains all your installed sims3pack CC
  • After you've finished playing with the Simport sim, delete your DCCache folder and replace it with the backup. This gets rid of any sims3pack CC that might have piggy-backed along with the sim.
  • You may also want to delete the new files (which should have the same name as the sim) in SavedSims and Downloads, and, if you've sent a sim via SimPort, Exports.
Many thanks to the guys on N99 (registration required) for this info!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 10:45 AM
I don't know how Europe region has to wait till 9th of March. I can get mine tomorrow already. I'm in Singapore. Hohoho

SHOWTIME!!! XD

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:51 PM
I love this banner. :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:03 PM
Is it the 6th where you're at?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
Is it the 6th where you're at?

I wrote this up earlier today and as usual there was a general wild flail at the concept of timezones. So I posted it - it will be the 6th somewhere. Right?

/me hopes so

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:24 PM
It's the morning of the 5th here, and you got me all excited. Bad fish!

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:43 PM
/me edits and hides from the wrath of sweetswami

Inventor
#8 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:00 PM
9th of March? Naaaahhh.... it'll be released on the 8th here in Germany... that's enough extra days for us poor Europeans to wait for this EP.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
/me edits and hides from the wrath of sweetswami

Good because my wrath is terrifying!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
9th of March? Naaaahhh.... it'll be released on the 8th here in Germany... that's enough extra days for us poor Europeans to wait for this EP.

It's all an EA plot to confuse me. At first it was the 8th then it was the 9th and then some regions were the 6th...

I just want the pool table. Jeez.

Scholar
#11 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:36 PM
I'm finally starting to get a little excited about it.
Also, I had no idea MTS had an Amazon store!! When I finally get Master Suite Stuff I'll go there to buy it.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:23 AM Last edited by Black Zekrom : 6th Mar 2012 at 2:47 AM.
Even I'm not getting Showtime (money problem... ) But, I still excited about it! :D

ETA:
Its 6th March here in Indonesia...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#13 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
I just want the pool table. Jeez.

Same here. I had earlier converted the one from TS2 just for deco in my game and when I saw the show time advert video with the pool table I felt like Tarzan. Will get mine tomorrow
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:30 AM
It's not listed in the MTS store! Will you get credit for it if I go to Amazon? I p-ordered this back in February but it has not shipped yet.... *sigh* typical...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
It's not listed in the MTS store! Will you get credit for it if I go to Amazon? I p-ordered this back in February but it has not shipped yet.... *sigh* typical...

We put direct links to the items in the store (see first post) - but yea, I was a bit late off the mark with this one. If you have already ordered then you can't also order from MTS unless you really want two copies.

But thank you for thinking of it and I will try to be a bit more organised for the next EP/SP.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 4:30 AM
hehe, I preordered it 3 hours before the Sixth and EA gave me a free stuff pack to go with it, talk about a deal, the sad thing is since I'm a hard copy person it doesn't come in the mail until the 10th

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#17 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM
Riptide. Did they at least mail it yet? Amazon has not shipped mine yet and it's evening of the 7th. So much for pre-ordering and I ordered it back in January, not February! lol Oh well, they'll come out with the bug fix patch by the time it arrives. ... That's the plan you see...

...reminds self to take all mods and cc out and backup prior to installing. ...
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:54 AM
Yep I got the email that they sent it at noon today (the 7th) It should come by Saturday or Monday (hopefully not, then I wont be able to touch it for an entire week). Great plan, I hope mine fits into the timeframe too

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#19 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:43 AM
Drooling in the wonder of showtime. Hahaha. Got it yesterday and its awesome.Has two pool table
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#20 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 11:22 AM
Simple things? .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adonispluto
Drooling in the wonder of showtime. Hahaha. Got it yesterday and its awesome.Has two pool table

TO THE SHOPS!!!!

/me hurries off to town

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:52 PM Last edited by porkypine : 8th Mar 2012 at 9:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by adonispluto

... I think I'm jealous! ...

...... ...

.... They haven't shipped mine yet. ......

See! So being in the U.S. is NOT a given that we get ours earlier! I should go pick it up at Walmart.. but I won't get my free stuff...

UPDATE! It left the Amazon warehouse at 3:19 EasternTime March 8, 2012 Should get it next week or so....
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 9:54 PM
Has anyone got it yet? I'm in Europe so probably is not out, but I have some questions before I buy the game. Is Katy Perry edition worth it and what's the difference between the limited edition and the normal one? Oh and one more, does the Katy Perry edition have the features that limited edition has? I'm so confused. Why can't they put all the features into one game?

Χαμένη στο διάστημα...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#24 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 10:29 PM
The Katy Perry edition comes with a Katy Perry poster and about three extra dresses. You can burn the poster but you're stuck with the dresses, so I suggest not buying it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
The Katy Perry edition comes with a Katy Perry poster and about three extra dresses. You can burn the poster but you're stuck with the dresses, so I suggest not buying it.

Don't forget the high quality plectrums.....

/me would not let those horrors near her guitars

Page 1 of 2