Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:58 AM
Default Mods for traits, Alcoholic , etc..
http://modthesims.info/d/556553
think there is more, look in Mods

Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
I've been having a few issues with making new, interesting Sims. The only reason I can possibly think of that's causing this is the lack of good traits and aspirations. It's all so bland and boring. It's either completely social or emotion based. Where is the heavy sleeper trait? The inappropriate trait? Grumpy trait?

Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimLaReine
http://modthesims.info/d/556553
think there is more, look in Mods

So... Basically a combination of the Sad trait, and the Mixologist aspiration? Thanks, but no thanks.
This is exactly what I mean in terms of the personality system needing rewriting!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:28 PM
Default I haven' t tried it
I just thought it looked umm different
?

Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
So... Basically a combination of the Sad trait, and the Mixologist aspiration? Thanks, but no thanks.
This is exactly what I mean in terms of the personality system needing rewriting!
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimLaReine
I just thought it looked umm different
?

Oh, yeah! Definitely. All the custom traits that are made are great, but what I just mean to say is that the personality system is so limited and based on emotions that all and every traits are similar and don't provide any real impact on your Sim and the world around them. Almost all of the traits, custom and vanilla, in Sims 4 are emotional. I want contextual traits that influence how your Sim interacts with the world directly, rather than just "Take an angry poop".

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 8:24 PM
My only current issue with TS4 is that :c
Theorist
#31 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 1:05 AM
Something what annoys the hell out of me: not just the lack of traits with children, but the fact that children can have any trait instead of being born with traits based on their parents traits. You know, DNA and such things.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Something what annoys the hell out of me: not just the lack of traits with children, but the fact that children can have any trait instead of being born with traits based on their parents traits. You know, DNA and such things.

Yeah, the genetics has really taken a dive in The Sims 4. I was playing Sims 2 earlier and I suddenly remembered how amazing it was, especially for a simulation game from that time. And The Sims 3's genetics system ended up to be quite good as well!

Theorist
#33 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 1:14 AM
I was thinking, we have these buyable traits, right? I'm not a fan of this system. If you want to have add traits to personalities during a Sims life with as reason ''people change'', I would have executed like the way they made they current aspirations (which should something like TS2). Instead of buying random traits with Whim and Aspiration points, I rather would make it in a kind of (invisible) expierence bar, with whims relating to a specific bar.

F.e. you can only earn the great kisser trait after completing a bunch of whims relating to kissing/woohoo/fooling around/romantic in general. Ironically, if you have this trait, it works in a similar way for charisma (every kiss is extra skill for your skill bar).Or when you buy/build enough based on the whims (build pool/buy toys/buy fitness equipment etc).you can get the discount trait. If you still want to have these points, fine, but then use it for TS2 like goodies (money tree/machine etc).

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:59 PM
the Super Green Thumb (I hope this is correct) trait reward is kind of useless too. just skilled up until level 10 and it's done.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fikamar27
the Super Green Thumb (I hope this is correct) trait reward is kind of useless too. just skilled up until level 10 and it's done.
According to Carl's guide:
Quote:
After a Super Green Thumb interacts with a Plant, it will stay watered longer, get less bugs, and an increased growth rate. This means you will harvest more from your Gardening efforts and not need to interact with Plants as often. This doesn't affect Evolution rate or growth of Weeds, however.
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 11:53 PM
I feel the traits are too subtle and uninteresting considering they are the only thing determining your sims' personalities. I have sims with completely different if not opposite traits who more or less operate the same, especially when you start adding reward traits.
Page 2 of 2