Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:23 PM
Default New Update
Update: 07/28/2015 – PC Version 1.9.83.1010 / Mac Version 1.9.83.1210

Hey Simmers,

Today we are releasing a small, but focused update to address two specific issues that have been affecting some folks. This update would not have been possible without your help and support. To everyone who contributed save files and participated in bug threads on the forums and Answers HQ, you have our sincere thanks!

“Can’t Make Friends” a.k.a. “Relationship Stuck At Impartial”

Sims should now be able to change their relationship status normally with all other Sims.

“Map Reload Issue” a.k.a. “Loading a lot kicks me back to the map”

This should be fixed for most players, and you should now be able to visit problem lots once again. This actually turned out to be a few different issues that all had the same result. In each case some sequence of events would put a lot into a ‘bad’ state, and the game would essentially run back to the safety of the map screen. We believe we’ve fixed the most common causes of this effect, but there may be other methods that might scare the game away. If you encounter a new one, please share!

Thank you again for your continued support and participation!

-SimGuruJanitor

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 1:32 AM
Well the patch suck. Virgin restart. Repair. Go to play virgin game. Go into CAS create family for and hour and half. Attempt to save a copy before playing the virgin copy to make sure everything is okay and 20 minutes latter still waiting for it to save to folder. Pissed.

So mad cause the famly I created came out real nice and now all I can do is force restart and pray it won't happen again.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 5:45 AM
All of my mods are approved for this patch.

~teleports~

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 8:35 AM
Uninteresting update is uninteresting.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Uninteresting update is uninteresting.

That's because it's a hotfix, which ANYBODY EXCEPT EA would have implemented within 48 hours of catching the bugs.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:00 PM
I like the idea of EA giving out smaller hotfix patches for oversights like these.

Don't want another "Unsatisfied Woohoo" scandal.
Theorist
#7 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
Well the patch suck. Virgin restart. Repair. Go to play virgin game. Go into CAS create family for and hour and half. Attempt to save a copy before playing the virgin copy to make sure everything is okay and 20 minutes latter still waiting for it to save to folder. Pissed.

So mad cause the famly I created came out real nice and now all I can do is force restart and pray it won't happen again.

I don't know of it was a patch back then, but I got something then. I had aged up four or five of my grand children and was busy with combining nice outfits for them in CAS via changing outfits. But after all that hard work, EA refused to save my Sims, so I had to do it all over again after a restart.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:24 AM
Not sure if this is related (but since I tested it with a virgin game - no mods ... I think it might be): but after loading the little patch, checking the mods that I had - two things happened. One ... my families were ALL messed up. Any alien in game had lost their "alien-ness" and it was a hassle trying to go back and re-CAS them all (especially when it was dead Sim ghosts as well). Second ... my social chat menu has changed: now it goes immediate to the "mood" of that Sim to start interactions instead of giving you the choice. You can still go to "other options" and have all the same choices, but I've never had it default to (for example) - my Sim was flirty, and flirty was the options to show up first.

As I mentioned, I cleared all my mods out - restarted the game with a Virgin copy ... and the issues persisted (well, the chat part at least ... I didn't have any aliens to test as the base game doesn't start with alien house holds).

I'm pretty much lost EVERYTHING ...

Am I the only one?

Ángel Quebrado

You have the look of a fallen angel ... An angel
does not stop being an angel merely because they
fall from grace; their wings are not so easily taken
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TumaSims
Why are they called "Sim Guru"?
Perhaps it's just me but "guru" draws up images of hacks with catchy phrases that do nothing….oh I get it.
Gurus are masters. I think the negative image you have is from sources that have poked fun at the title and perhaps some of the self-proclaimed gurus.
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 12:45 AM
Doesn't make the name less dull.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Haha, simgurus are self-proclaimed gurus.
True, but it's a fun title much like the old Sim Masters used to be on the BBC boards during the days of Sims 1. They are the ones "in the know" since they work for EA.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selindley
Not sure if this is related (but since I tested it with a virgin game - no mods ... I think it might be): but after loading the little patch, checking the mods that I had - two things happened. One ... my families were ALL messed up. Any alien in game had lost their "alien-ness" and it was a hassle trying to go back and re-CAS them all (especially when it was dead Sim ghosts as well). Second ... my social chat menu has changed: now it goes immediate to the "mood" of that Sim to start interactions instead of giving you the choice. You can still go to "other options" and have all the same choices, but I've never had it default to (for example) - my Sim was flirty, and flirty was the options to show up first.

As I mentioned, I cleared all my mods out - restarted the game with a Virgin copy ... and the issues persisted (well, the chat part at least ... I didn't have any aliens to test as the base game doesn't start with alien house holds).

I'm pretty much lost EVERYTHING ...

Am I the only one?

I had a family of "out" aliens that all lost their heads. A hidden alien that I created lost her face, but underwent a complete wardrobe makeover and got new hair. I can edit a new face on her in CAS, but it disappears again and she gets all new clothing and a new hairstyle. This happened coincident to downloading the spa gamepack and the new patch. Not sure if its the new patch or GP which caused this.