Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:45 AM
Default I can't own a resort lot, whatever I try
I'm totally new in Island Paradise EP, just purchased it, so perhaps it's only a learn to play issue, but my sim cannot own a resort lot. Please tell me what I do wrong.
He lives in Bridgeport, so no pre-made resorts there. So first, he buys a residential lot (I chose a villa with a pool on it, big enough to rebuild it for becoming a resort) with the "Buy an additional home" phone option.
Then clicking on its icon on the map, he "Converts it into a Resort". The game manages that, and his owned resort property now appears in his "Check Real Estate" window.
From this moment, troubles begin.
If I save and quit the game here, when I reload again, the resort lot is reset to a Community lot/No visitors, and is not owned by my sim anymore, and his money is gained back as if he never bought it.
If I don't quit but go to the resort icon and I start to Manage/Build Buy mode, and I makeover the whole place immediately with the necessary resort tower and reception desk plus decorations, buffet table, etc., and then close the Build mode, a message appears that the resort is sold, my sim gets back his money again, and the resort becomes a not owned community lot, too.
I checked all my mods, but they are all declared "1.67 compatible" and all of them are from this MTS mods section.
Does it count that it is in Bridgeport? Or that the residential lot must be a plain flat empty lot with nothing on it? I can't figure out why the resort lot resets itself all the time to a No visitors/Community type.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#3 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 10:37 AM
There is so much to think of in this game now. I remember reading something about issues with those IP things. Bridgeport is as a world flagged as a city meaning something like less animals and different sorts of animals etc. I made the resort work in my world, but it's a default suburb or something. What I think is you need to find a world flagged as a default world, not a city or what else people can choose. I would just try it in IP's own world first and then if that doesn't work, I would start thinking about not working mods.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 6:45 PM
Not sure if this will work, but have you tried going into Edit Town and turning the lot into a Resort, and then having your Sim buy it.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:28 PM
I think I had this problem when I first got IP. I believe it was a mod conflict. Do you, by any chance, have a mod that allows you to purchase different types of lots, like subway stations or City Hall?

Anyway, most of us seem to agree that it's mod-related, so that's probably the issue.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 7:26 AM
Thank you to all of you, it is caused by a mod - I don't know yet which one, but I removed the Packages from the game and without mods, suddenly two new types of community lot appeared in the Edit Town menu: Resort and Port - before that, right after installing IP, I didn't have them, so that's why my game didn't recognize resorts and made them reset to Community/No Visitors Allowed. From now on, I put back my mods one by one into the game so I will be able to identify the guilty one.