Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 3:59 PM
Default Free and Safe Sims 3 Custom Content Websites
I love using custom content to make my game better, but never know which sites are safe to use. Any suggestions??
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:23 PM
You can start on this site. Lots of content, and regarded as pretty safe.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:40 PM
I would think the links provided to CC on MySims3blog are safe. I've never had any problems. Go nuts!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You can start on this site. Lots of content, and regarded as pretty safe.

Yup I know that this website is safe. It is one of the only websites I do use.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I would think the links provided to CC on MySims3blog are safe. I've never had any problems. Go nuts!

Wow! There is a lot of cool stuff on here! Thank you!
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:41 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a thread here that shares lots of links to other custom content sites. http://www.aroundthesims3.com is one of my favorite.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:17 AM
As a brazilian I feel it's my duty to say that my favorite is Simcredible!.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 2:36 AM
Other than suggesting the great stuff on this site I was going to suggest Around the Sims but nikel23 beat me to it .. LunaSimsLuna has some unique and beautiful stuff you might like and Sims 3 Updates shows all kinds of great custom content with links to the creator's site.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:30 PM
dont know if cc is only speaking of objects, clothes, accessories and such though but if its also including mods (as game hacks) i suggest taking a look at nraas. free, safe and the mods support is awesome. some of their content is not only game improving but keeps my game actually playable and enjoyable. if anyones interested here: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:32 PM
Usually Anubis360 has some nice options, and I've had no problems with it, seeing as I have some of the hair and clothes of the site. They're mostly female clothing though, so unless you like lots of dresses it's not for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quesadildos
Usually Anubis360 has some nice options, and I've had no problems with it, seeing as I have some of the hair and clothes of the site. They're mostly female clothing though, so unless you like lots of dresses it's not for you.

Well I am a girl and I usually play with female sims so I will definitely check that website out. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I'm pretty sure there was a thread here that shares lots of links to other custom content sites. http://www.aroundthesims3.com is one of my favorite.

I was on this website once and I got a terrible virus So now I avoid it like the plague. That was a few years ago though, but just putting a warning out there.

Tumblr is an awesome place to find cc, and I'm sure it depends on who uploads what but I've never had a problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brookeh0809
I love using custom content to make my game better, but never know which sites are safe to use. Any suggestions??
http://www.thesimsresource.com/
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scklsy
I was on this website once and I got a terrible virus So now I avoid it like the plague. That was a few years ago though, but just putting a warning out there.

Tumblr is an awesome place to find cc, and I'm sure it depends on who uploads what but I've never had a problem.

Around the Sims ( Sandy) has been there since the sims, continued on with the sims 2, sims 3 and now sims 4. There is nothing to worry about. That virus you caught is very unfortunate AND surely not related to that site.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Site Helper
#15 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 4:12 PM
The forum is closed, but there is some good stuff at simlogical. You will just need to go through the listings on the download page. She still has that open.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 6:01 PM
Most Tumblr sites are safe, but be aware of Adf.ly links, because some creators love to use those - it's always safer to have an adblocker and an adf.ly skipper of some sort for your browser if you plan on downloading from those creators. Adf.ly is a pesky, greedy beast with potential malware, so it's best to avoid it if you can.

I've never had any troubles with ATS2/3/4 - but I'm not sure if they have ads since I use an adblocker. Some ads can potentially give you viruses and malware.

Thesimsresource (TSR), however, is not qute on the safe side, and they insist on using a pesky 60 second wait for adblock users, so you're either stuck with half a billion potentially harmful ads but shorter download times, or longer download times but safer browsing. Unless you want to give' em your money for a VIP account (not recommended).
dodgy builder
#17 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 11:41 PM
Someone woke up a 2 year old thread to have another discussion about tsr?