Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 7249 (Who?), Viewed: 447332 times.
Page 281 of 290
Top Secret Researcher
#7001 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:38 PM
That's what I mean by "random chance"; the something wrong happens due to random chance. No one causes it, and no one can do anything to prevent it.
Lab Assistant
#7002 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:43 AM
Something like Tinder for the sims. It could be accessed on the phone or computer, and basically enables another method of casual woohoo/dates. I know there's the matchmaker + find a mate crystal ball, but they're pretty money dependent. My broke sims who have choosy turn ons kind of struggle with this. They might have the money to pay for a dinner date, but not the ridiculous price the matchmaker charges to set them up with someone that they actually have bolts with. This Tinder-esque thing would only "match" sims with at least one bolt, and I guess the user could pick them from a list? I don't know. If possible I'd want to implement a feature that shows some stats, like if they're x astro sign, their primary aspiration, their work. Different things matter to different sims though. I have ACR 2 installed so it helps, but in a fresh hood with only two playables who don't match it takes a while to get the legacies rolling. I'd want this to automatically include townies and any sim that I give a token to, but not npcs since they're often dangerous.
Theorist
#7003 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:51 AM
A mod that lets sims do 'your mom' disses.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Field Researcher
#7004 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM
@Rosawyn I actually modded the flavour pak for Inteen for miscarriage to be random. It's for AL Inteen only, but you can download it HERE if anyone is interested. If you don't use AL, or for those who use the alternate pregnancy controller, I could either mod those, or let you know how to mod for your own game.
#7005 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:43 AM
Someone should redo the Bon Voyage tour chance cards to actually be fair. The rewards are trifling and the penalties are absurdly high.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#7006 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:35 AM
I found animations for toddlers to play with pots and pans they pulled out of the counter. It would be nice if that interaction was finished.
Turquoise Dragon
staff: moderator
#7007 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:49 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#7008 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:54 AM
Objects00 in Base/TSData/Res/Sims3D. I'd copied them down to see if they'd work for another project, so here they are:

p2o-counter-play-bangPots-bangHead
p2o-counter-play-bangPots-bangTogether
p2o-counter-play-bangPots-end
p2o-counter-play-bangPots-loopBreath
p2o-counter-play-bangPots-start
p2o-counter-play-bangPots-bangGround

I didn't test them all, but bangTogether and bangGround are working animations. They're just missing a sound tag.
#7009 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:48 PM
There's an interaction for toddlers to "Give Love.../Stroke" dogs that is fully functional, but for some reason it isn't available without allmenus. Someone should enable it.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#7010 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 8:55 PM
sims be able to have platform-specific games; computer, console.

there be glow-in-the-dark versions of these::
-columns; "regular", connecting, multi-story, etc.
-stairs; modular, "straight", spiral.
Scholar
#7011 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:36 AM
@MattieOReilly -- Any chance of a readme? I like the sound of that innovation, but am loath to put a mod that involved into my game without knowing in advance how it works.

Things I tweaked for my own game, in case anyone else can use them:
Maxis blue police uniform with black mourning band on badge. (Thank you Fanseelamb for the base DR!)
Invisible shrouded corpse! Only a recolour; requires the Death Shroud from the Price of Victory set by Hriveresse at PBK!
Top Secret Researcher
#7012 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieOReilly
@Rosawyn I actually modded the flavour pak for Inteen for miscarriage to be random. It's for AL Inteen only, but you can download it HERE if anyone is interested. If you don't use AL, or for those who use the alternate pregnancy controller, I could either mod those, or let you know how to mod for your own game.

I don't use Inteen and I don't think I actually want miscarriage in my game at all. I had a rather traumatic one irl, and I find the whole topic difficult as it brings back memories. But I do appreciate knowing that a random miscarriage mod exists as an option for those who do want that sort of things in their games, so thank you.
Scholar
#7013 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:15 AM
I mentioned this long ago, but holy cow it still makes me mad: I want a mod which stops Sims from outright STEALING the currently selected Sims' food when eating at a restaurant. It happened to me for the third time today and my gosh...
Now what dammit?
#7014 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I mentioned this long ago, but holy cow it still makes me mad: I want a mod which stops Sims from outright STEALING the currently selected Sims' food when eating at a restaurant. It happened to me for the third time today and my gosh...

The only way I've found to stop this is to force an error on them. Then your sim can eat. It would be a good mod though I agree.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Theorist
#7015 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:22 AM
A mod that changes the consequences of the 'look through' interaction of the telescope. Instead of shoving, the victim of the telescope or spy microphone spying will lecture the sim and then walk away.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Field Researcher
#7016 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:21 AM
@Freefalldreams

It's just a flavour pak for inteen, you'd still need inteen itself and that comes with it's own read-me's. All my flavour pak does is turn inteen's own miscarriage function into a random event instead of being governed by motives.

@Rosawyn

I understand that, it's in fact why I made the flavour pak myself, having suffered several miscarriages and a stillbirth irl, I got insanely offended at the simplified implications of "Just take better care of yourself" from the miscarriage function being governed by motives.
Top Secret Researcher
#7017 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:26 AM
I know there is a mod out there that will make a sim wash their hands after usin the bathroom. When I was drivin home a bit ago the idea popped into my head that instead of it forcin them to wash their hands what if there was a mod that made it so as sims who didn't wash their hands ran the risk of gettin sick. Then as an additive to that a mod that tweak the force wash mod to where it took into acct a sims personality of bein a slob or bein a neat clean freak ... slobs bein less likely to wash their hands while the clean freaks almost always did wash their hands.

Basically a way to add in the random chance of sickness of bein more likely to slobs, but still have the chance of a neat sim gettin sick.
Mad Poster
#7018 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:41 AM
The wash hands mod does take into account neatness. Under X neatness and they won't wash.
Top Secret Researcher
#7019 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:34 AM
I think there might be a mod that makes all sims wash their hands, but I've got the one that's based on neatness. I think it's by twojeffs.
Instructor
#7020 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:20 AM
It is indeed by twojeffs. You can find it HERE. . The version I use is Always Flush Toilet + Wash Hands, because while I can (just barely) abide slobby sims not washing hands, I cannot stand unflushed toilets!
Top Secret Researcher
#7021 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:27 AM
I would like to see something similar to the "mooch" interaction from ts3, so sims could ask each other for money. I know they can perform music or freestyle for tips, but this would be more like asking a friend for a few bucks and the results would be based on relationship scores. I think the "buy off" animations would probably be close enough, but to be fair I haven't really seen that animation often (I think I've only seen it once!).

This could go well alongside the "bribe" interaction we were talking about a while back. Same animation used, but instead of sim A asking sim B for money, sim B simply offers sim A some money for a nice little relationship boost.
Mad Poster
#7022 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:02 PM
I would like to enable that 'mooch' action to extend to the fortune pixels when they go into aspiration failure-they go out to the street with a can and beg for money.

It would enable passersby to put money into the cup and the pixel would react just like they had just gotten a tip (such as the music tip jars).

Heck, just a 'begging' action would work for me.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#7023 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:14 PM
Quote:

I don't have either inteen or alternate pregnancy controller, but I really would like the miscarriage mod if you could make it as a stand alone. thank you.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Now what dammit?
#7024 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:45 PM
Quote:
I understand that, it's in fact why I made the flavour pak myself, having suffered several miscarriages and a stillbirth irl, I got insanely offended at the simplified implications of "Just take better care of yourself" from the miscarriage function being governed by motives.

When you first mentioned it, I didn't think Inteen needed altering in that way but then when I think about it, I like the idea. Miscarriage usually isn't something you can cause by the way you behave (often anyway), it is often random or happens because the pregnancy isn't secure. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. I might mod that part of Inteen myself in a similar way. Thanks for the idea - and a hug for your own experiences. Been there too - I would guess quite a few of us have.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
#7025 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I would like to enable that 'mooch' action to extend to the fortune pixels when they go into aspiration failure-they go out to the street with a can and beg for money.

It would enable passersby to put money into the cup and the pixel would react just like they had just gotten a tip (such as the music tip jars).

Heck, just a 'begging' action would work for me.

I've had Sims 'freestyle for tips' with low creativity to simulate begging but it honestly looks a little silly. So I'd appreciate this too.

Page 281 of 290