Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
#4701 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 6:22 AM
I don't know if this is a discovery or my sims are just scaredey cats but I had a family on vacation and their college kids were along with them as guests. Well someone tried cooking salmon and set the stove on fire and after the fire is put out, the college kids are just...gone. I think they ran off the lot and didn't return.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4702 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:53 AM
I think I have discovered the cutest thing ever. I have a big family of cats for testing the cat stuff I've been making and one just had a kitten. My toddler went straight for a hug to welcome him to the family and when she was done she kissed him on the head before she put him down. :lovestruc I think they're going to be best friends.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#4703 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:54 PM
SimPE can change swatches of at least custom skin & custom eye.
1. click on IMG resource.
2. do Replace.
3. find and select file. at least BMP files would work.
4. if SimPE asks to reload resource, click Yes.
5. save the PACKAGE file.

edit:: about bills; Nightlife's Prima Guide confirms.
Scholar
#4704 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 6:55 PM
Sims can console one another (or maybe just children?). It was so sweet. Poor little Buck Grunt was absolutely hysterical over his father and older brothers fighting, and Ripp went over to console him, kneeling beside him, putting an arm around his shoulder, shushing him, hugging him and brushing his hair from his face. I've always had a soft spot for Ripp, but after seeing this he's right at the top of my Favourite Sim list.
Scholar
#4705 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:30 PM
sims can have the want to make out with 20 different sims

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#4706 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 5:36 PM
Sims can overheat when they WooHoo. Then faint. And die of starvation.
(RIP Dustin Broke)
Mad Poster
#4707 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 6:01 PM
Making out can also warm Sims up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#4708 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 6:04 PM
I still haven't learned from my many many many

"do you wish to quit making this sim and return to neighborhood?"
*clicks yes
OH CRAP NO I WAS JUST CHANGING HIS HAIRSTYLE!!!

mistakes
Top Secret Researcher
#4709 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:51 PM
Computers can't be placed in a sim's inventory unless they're turned off.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4710 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 5:34 PM
Neither can any electronics, I believe. Stereos you can't even move without moveobjects if they're on.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#4711 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:04 PM
The face lift machine (or the career reward for Show Business) can malfunction and make a Sim's face hideous! o.o

I was both ashamed and humiliated of my Sim's fate when I used it the second time, when his face turned into a ball with a very narrow mandible and puckered lips. I didn't even have a most recent save before that so I had to try again, but fortunately third time was the charm.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Field Researcher
#4712 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 12:22 AM
A rare sighting, presented without comment:

Later that same day:

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Top Secret Researcher
#4713 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 1:04 AM
Why is there a video game temple in your nursery....
Also I saw one of my sims' cats dreaming about...a fuschia cushion? Never seen that icon before.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4714 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Also I saw one of my sims' cats dreaming about...a fuschia cushion? Never seen that icon before.

The one here under pet interests - sleeping? http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Interest
Field Researcher
#4715 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Why is there a video game temple in your nursery....

There wasn't enough room in the house. I like playing better than building, and by and large, most houses do not have enough rooms. It was the nursery or the parents' room, and I thought the adults needed sleep more.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#4716 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:40 AM
When clicking on the punching bag, Carlos Contender got an option to offer lessons to the Unsavory Charlatan. I didn't actually try it, though.

Mad Poster
#4717 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:34 AM
That bugger doesn't need an advantage in fisticuffs!
Forum Resident
#4718 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 5:40 AM Last edited by kanzen : 16th Dec 2017 at 12:07 PM.
1. you can modify the beach slope terrain with boolProp constrainfloorelevation false cheat just so I can make a prettier shore line AND keep the columns for my dock.
will this crash my game?? will this work at all??
that's another discovery I'm willing to take.

2. edit: I also soon discovered that the sea foam from the waves won't reach my extension.
I could extend the whole shoreline but I think this looks great as is..

3. update: mm yes...glitchy. My sims walked into the water until their knees before they changed. I think it looks cool to walk in the sea water with your summer dress on like a Spanish Soap Opera femme fatale but then my sim started swimming in the air! Click further out to sea to make them sink into the right height.
though it looks cool to walk in the water, I should fix that

4. FIXED!: beach lot's shore line needs a specific slope so sims can go change to swimwear at the edge of the water (not a few steps in, as what happened a few minutes earlier)
Sims can't swim under the dock, and the closest my sim could go is about 4 tiles away from the dock.
Sims can walk under the dock like the supposed shallow puddle that it is, so that's fine. And sims can still comb for seashells, sunbathe, and make sandcastles at the modified edge.

5. in the end... there were no crashes but the game decided to fix itself? After I put the final version of the lot in the bin to test a clone, the lot generated a straight shoreline. It sank my pillars/columns and damn they looked great. I decided to keep it and make another version with thinner timbre corner columns so the railing posts and support columns under the dock match.

so many discoveries in a day!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4719 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:27 AM
@kanzen If you use the simlogical portal revealer you can see where the beach portals for your lot are. The beaches have to be a specific height to work correctly, as explained by Inge here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Voyaging.htm
Quote: Originally posted by Inge
the sea bed needs to be 16 clicks (a room-height) down from the beach.
Lab Assistant
#4720 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 11:06 AM
I found out there is a wall limit of around 2100
Forum Resident
#4721 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The beaches have to be a specific height to work correctly.

thank you simsample =) I just went clicking away like a mad man and hoped it would work haahaha 16 clicks~ gotcha

If it's one room size, I wonder if I can put another pillar on top of the one placed on the bottom of the sea. I'll have to test it out.
I really love docks on beach lots but I just don't like it when the floor tiles just float with no visible support. it's kinda odd.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4722 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
I really love docks on beach lots but I just don't like it when the floor tiles just float with no visible support. it's kinda odd.

I couldn't find any pillars that i liked for my pier, so I used the wooden pier remnant that is in the neighbourhood deco items. From inside the lot you can see that it is quite convincing- the pillars indicated by the blue arrow are the neighbourhood deco item, as are the boats that are on the water and the pier extension.
Forum Resident
#4723 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:39 PM
oh! I completely forgot about those! I'll give them a try later and see how it goes u v u
Scholar
#4724 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:23 AM
I discovered if your pet bird is outside and it rains, they'll become distressed and throw a tantrum with feathers flying about! I was wondering why she was making so much noise!
Mad Poster
#4725 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:22 AM
That's awesome lazzy! Now I want to see that.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 189 of 445