Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15201 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:09 PM
Another update: 4.20 Love is in the air

It's about what the title says; love is in the air. It's mostly about the kids and their daily lives.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15202 Old 25th May 2017 at 9:19 PM
I've had fun catching up with everyone's stories!

Fight or Flight Instinct Or maybe I should've titled this update "A Family of His Own" Lol.

Intermission: Back in Sunset Valley - Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! I'm so excited about visiting Sunset Valley! Macy grew up so pretty! I'm so mad she was born second! Lol. Stupid birth order obsession!

Hope you guys enjoy! Meteor completely changed my story, so I'm kind of going by Raven's wishes!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15203 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:22 AM
I have an update for May: http://goldbeardrlc.blogspot.com/20...er-this-is.html

I have the next chapter written, but I need to go in and get an extra screenshot, you know how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#15204 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:01 AM
I have updated the cat litter page and proudly present to you the cat's family tree on familyecho! A few images are missing but everything else is up to date.

And here's the update: 2.6 - Hibernate

This is the first time I really staged a scene with a sim and room specifically made for the scene and stuff, will happen more often from now on.
Field Researcher
#15205 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:23 AM
I have an update!:
Chapter 3.44 One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty Six in which things.... Happen

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Scholar
#15206 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:42 PM
Field Researcher
#15207 Old 29th May 2017 at 7:50 PM
So I'm on a bit of a roll here, second update in two days. Wow, go me. I can assure you that this likely won't be a hattrick as next chapter is more complicated with more staging and building sets and blah
Anyway...
Update!: Chapter 3.45 It's Nice We're Not Naked Now in which I did my usual thing of swapping out a sensible chapter name with a weird, out of context piece of speech from the chapter.

eternal trash x

Lab Assistant
#15208 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:45 PM
A short-ish update where the Koyangis celebrate christmas/snowflake day while I'm dying of the summer heat. I want to be in my game now.

2.7 - The Nightmare before Snowflake Day

Question: Does anyone here have experience with writing two legacies at the same time? I have reasons for why I want to start a new one, but I also don't want to abandon my current one. I'm kinda afraid I will neglect one when I work on two simultaneously. Has anyone here done this before and did it work for you?
Test Subject
#15209 Old 31st May 2017 at 5:59 PM
I'm gonna second that question. I have a lot more free time now, with school being pretty much over and no other obligations for a while, so I'm going to be starting up the Attaways again soon. But the plans I have for it are really story focused, and are going to get kind of heavy later, and it's not going to be super easy to write, so it might be fun to run a more lighthearted and humorous one at the same time to not only have something to give you guys between updates (since it'd be a lot easier to write) but for me to just be able to blow off some steam with something silly.

No updates for the Attaways right now though - I haven't gotten the update done yet. D:
Field Researcher
#15210 Old 31st May 2017 at 10:41 PM
I dunno if this exactly answers y'all's questions about doing two legacies at the same time, but I've got two sims related things going on at the same time (legacy on wordpress and tumblr stuffs where I kill off teenagers in a high school in dramatic ways lmao). Both are story heavy (mostly personal preferences on that account tbh) so I can't really answer about light vs heavy stuff, my game doesn't run well enough for lighter stuff ;~; I could get rid of all the CC but nah xD

Anyway, it is doable but like don't feel like you've gotta post frequently (lord knows I don't anymore hahahahaihateschoolhahaha) because I mean, it'll be less enjoyable, y'know? I kinda roll on the path of whatever I have more inspiration for I run with that one, but hey, that's me. Besides, you shouldn't worry about possibly neglecting stuff and coming back to it later, some of us have been around for literally years, we ain't going nowhere any time soon

tldr: you do you

eternal trash x

Field Researcher
#15211 Old 31st May 2017 at 10:58 PM
I've had fun branching out and doing different stories at the same time. Some times I pay more attention to the different challenges, depending on what has my interest at the time.
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
A short-ish update where the Koyangis celebrate christmas/snowflake day while I'm dying of the summer heat. I want to be in my game now.

2.7 - The Nightmare before Snowflake Day

Question: Does anyone here have experience with writing two legacies at the same time? I have reasons for why I want to start a new one, but I also don't want to abandon my current one. I'm kinda afraid I will neglect one when I work on two simultaneously. Has anyone here done this before and did it work for you?
Field Researcher
#15212 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 2:19 AM
Hmm, I'd say go ahead and try it! If it works, great! You will probably end up getting the updates out a bit slower, but I'm sure people will understand. And if you don't think it's working out, I'm sure people will still understand if you want to cut one.

I just posted a chapter a few hours ago: 6.13 "Content" :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#15213 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:24 AM
I've been tossing around the idea of starting a second one, but I have not had much sims-time lately, so the project hasn't gotten off the ground.

If you're inspired and have the time, I say go for it. It's supposed to be fun!
Instructor
#15214 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 5:58 PM
I'm gonna echo everyone else--if it's fun for you and you have the time, do it! I have a second legacy that's been on hiatus for years I've been meaning to resurrect, but both legacies are story heavy and I'm very lazy (also writing a chapter can take me days because I'm a slow writer, so that is also a concern for me). But if you start a second one I'll definitely read it! :D

I have a chapter and a half worth of pics, and two chapters outlined. I'm hoping to have an avalanche of updates sometime in the next couple of weeks but my free time is kinda limited right now so I'm spending my freetime actually playing as opposed to writing. XD

Test Subject
#15215 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 7:15 PM
Well, that's good to hear!

Especially considering I impusively went and threw together another random legacy for some fun in-between Attaway updates. Story's gonna be practically nonexistant, just me going with the flow and having some fun and light humor.
Hawthorne Legacy Challenge - introduction
I did have a whole update's worth of stuff to give you... but it's being retconned because of a game crash. So yeah. there's that.

Oh, but another question -
I've. got 'no stranger's as my misc fun for both Attaway and Hawthorne right now. And something's kind of bugging me right now...
Can we call emergency services? As in the fire department and police. I'm assuming there's a ban on adoption services and the newspaper delivery (not the mailman or the mascot since there's no way to stop them), but should I be taking out my fire/burglar alarms too?
Scholar
Original Poster
#15216 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 12:45 AM
Huh! I'd never thought about the fire and burglar alarms as applied to that rule before. Good question.

My vote is you should take the alarms out.

What does everyone else think? Should we amend the rules to mention this, or am I being too strict?
Instructor
#15217 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:35 AM
Oof, I'll read updates soon! I'm just trying to prepare for some work stuff. I don't want anyone to think I'm being a jerk.

Re: the rules. I think it might be unnecessarily punitive (or at least more punitive than challenging) at least for fire alarms. I've had sims die trying to put out a fire themselves and while there are unforeseen circumstances, none of the other rules can lead to that directly as far as I can tell. So I vote that it's too strict. XD

Lab Assistant
#15218 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:01 AM
I vote for taking them out because I generally like stricter/harder rules I like having to adapt my playstyle to the rolls and there's a couple of options to avoid fires if one is afraid of that (and the fireproof LTR is allowed too after all).
Test Subject
#15219 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:04 AM
I'm not too bothered regardless, to be honest. There's a good argument for both sides.
If it's relevant, when there was a fire at Zachary's dorm I left the alarm up for the firemen to come deal with it, but when there was a fire at Thalia's house I made her put it out herself. I've been judging on a case-by-case basis until now.

oh, and i should also probably give you guys this
Attaways - Update 2-5
Field Researcher
#15220 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:39 PM
I'd say yes to not getting a burgler alarm, but leave fire alarm up to the user's choice. Although for me, the firefighters usually show up so late that my own sims have already put out the fire.
Lab Assistant
#15221 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherfeather19
I'd say yes to not getting a burgler alarm, but leave fire alarm up to the user's choice.

I keep reading this as burger alarm
I originally planned a more serious chapter to further develop the story, but my sims wouldn't cooperate. So here, have a silly, non-serious chapter instead:

2.8 - The chapter in which everyone makes silly faces

And I will have to decide which cats to give away very soon, I definitely reached my limit now. The second screenshot I attached is how it typically looks like in the house at night - it's pretty much impossible to navigate anyone through the house because there's always a cat standing in the way!
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#15222 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 6:08 AM
After a few days, here's the feedback we've had about the alarms vs. the no strangers roll:

Keep both alarms - 1 vote
No to burglar or fire alarm - 2 votes
No to burglar alarm, but yes to fire alarm - 1 vote
apathy / indecision - 1 vote

I do not feel like this is a strong enough consensus to enforce a rule change. Instead, I have altered the wording on the No Strangers roll to reflect our discussion and make it optional.

Quote:
4) No Strangers - You may not call any service sims to the lot. This includes pizza delivery sims and babysitters; if both of your sims have to work, tough! [Optional: do not have any burglar alarms or fire alarms on the lot, as they may summon service sims.]

Hopefully this pleases the court.

Happy simming!
Field Researcher
#15223 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 7:19 PM
Field Researcher
#15224 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 5:50 AM
Field Researcher
#15225 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:06 PM
Page 609 of 676