Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:06 AM
Default Does anyone know how to make floors and walls?
I just started getting back into TS1 and got an urge to make some custom content. Skins are a no-brainer and for objects T-MOG works about as well as I remember from the old days, but I can't find any documentation or tools for floors or walls. Does anyone know how to go about making them?

I know the game uses .flr and .wll files for them, but that's the extent of my knowledge in that regard.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:37 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 9th Jul 2018 at 2:19 PM.
To find the tool you will need to trace back old The Sims 1 site on the wayback machine, then find the download on the site of the wall/floor making tool. you can also find old skin making tool (this one, unlike the sims creator, reads all of the games sims animations) and a lot of other things like a checker that checks for bad CC. cc support has been really well even back then, which is interesting... really, really interesting.

Here's the site:
http://web.archive.org/web/20001109...sims.ea.com/us/

Go to "Get Cool Stuff" and then open "HomeCrafter" page and download the program, it will allow you to make new walls and floors for the game and import them back into it :D

Idk if it works tho, maybe I should have tested it before I posted this :/

EDIT: Apparently the link does not work. Will search for it, but now you know how the tool is called.

EDIT_2: Found the link for all the programs preserved: http://www.thesimsdepot.com/sims-1/...ams-for-sims-1/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:15 PM
Every link you offered works perfectly. Thanks, mixa97sr, you are officially my hero right now~!

Thinking back, I used to know Homecrafter by name years ago. I guess it's just been so long I forgot there even WAS an official tool. I'm actually a little embarrassed it escaped my mind like that.